Author Topic: Movie Quotes  (Read 211574 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Movie Quotes
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »

"I went to Stanford, you blowhole!"

MARIAH CAREY IN GLITTER!!!!   In other words, I have no idea, Triplash, until I googled your quote (*sounds disqualification buzzer*), which I have seen, only I didn't remember that line.  I agree with you however, that "Mariah Carey in Glitter" is a fine answer!  And if nothing else, it proves I've been paying attention.   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2013, 04:36:25 PM »
I agree with you however, that "Mariah Carey in Glitter" is a fine answer!  And if nothing else, it proves I've been paying attention.   ;)

From what I can tell, there were a ton of great quotes in that movie. I mean just look at the last few that we've used here:

((SPOILER ALERT: This may give away the plot of the movie Glitter. I say 'may' because, I honestly have no idea. It's not like anyone's ever watched it who can tell us what really happened.))

Spoiler for Hidden:
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious. "   ;D

"You IDIOT! You made me. Remember? You dropped me into that vat of chemicals. That wasn't easy to get over, and don't think that I didn't try."

"For 500 bucks a month I'll kill whoever you want. But keep one thing in mind: I'd happily kill you for free.

Dad gave me this. Fifth birthday. He said, "Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die."

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."

" I brought you inside. Fed you. Gave you a bath. And fed you again. And again. And tried to put some pants on you. And then I made the decision that would change my life forever. To make my soup without radishes. And to raise you as my own son."

Those lines alone tell a story. A touching, funny, badass, really weird story. I'm still trying to process it all, but apparently it's about a little girl who overcomes an extraordinarily difficult childhood and rebels against her ancient society's secretive ways. Eventually she goes on to become the first assassin in the world to ever wear boob glitter and hold sold-out stage performances.    ...and something about radish soup.

I have no idea why that movie didn't do better than it did.            :P     ;D

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »
Just watched Kung Fu Panda 2 again and thought, that line seems familiar ;)

My turn,
after John dies at the end another one from my "Don't Watch While On Drugs" list:

"It's a Kafka high. You feel like a bug."
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
(Naked Lunch?)

"Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:52:16 AM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
Those lines alone tell a story. A touching, funny, badass, really weird story. I'm still trying to process it all, but apparently it's about a little girl who overcomes an extraordinarily difficult childhood and rebels against her ancient society's secretive ways. Eventually she goes on to become the first assassin in the world to ever wear boob glitter and hold sold-out stage performances.    ...and something about radish soup.

I have no idea why that movie didn't do better than it did.            :P     ;D

I have to confess, Triplash, I like the way your mind works!  Yes, the radish soup is clearly a red herring, added simply to make things more challenging.  As a gay man, I believe I can be forgiven (or at least have it be understandable) my failure to notice boob glitter--I mean, at some level I should notice, and yet...

As to the touching, funny, badass, really weird story you describe (*sounds buzzer for the WIN!*) I instantly recognized the movie you (and our collective quotes) are describing as KILL BILL, Volumes I and II.  Too bad my surmise has nothing to do with the current Movie Quote, for which I am clueless and without answer.  Hmmm, where is that cheesy grin winky icon?   ;) :D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2013, 03:03:37 PM »
Quote from: Floride on May 08, 2013, 02:38:17 pm
Dad gave me this. Fifth birthday. He said, "Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die."

That's actually in The Crow: Wicked Prayer.
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »
"And look at that kitchen. You're finally gonna be able to cook a decent meal."
OK, maybe that line was too obscure. It's from Beetlejuice.
Let's try something easier:

'"What's a Nubian ?" B*tch, you almost made me laugh.'
I'm bad and that's good.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2013, 10:21:18 AM »
(ummm....Chasing Amy?)

"This beach was once a cannibal's banqueting hall, where the strong gorged on the weak. But the teeth, sir, they spat out, like you or I would expel a cherry stone."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2013, 05:44:56 AM »
I JUST WATCHED THAT! 

Cloud Atlas.  I liked it.  And sorta got it.  :) What was astounding to me was some of the makeup being done.  I loved the end when I saw their various characters and I was all "OH!  Wow!  SHE was that freaky doctor?!"  Of course, Agent Smith in drag was obvious.  Heh.

I'm totally amazed that you pulled that one out for me to catch. *dances a lil' jig*

So... that means I gotta come up with one... punchin' "post" for now until I can get one, as I want the win on this. :)

Ok, I'm back.  Here's mine:

"This episode was badly written!"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:51:48 AM by houtex »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2013, 09:42:24 AM »
"Whoever wrote this episode should DIE!!"
Galaxy Quest ;D

OK, an easy one this time... because I can't think of something better at the moment.

"Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:08:03 AM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.

zendarin

• Minion
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
hmmm... Ghostbusters.

Another easy one:

"Unless your opponent hasa studied hisa cliff.....which I have."

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2013, 03:51:30 AM »
Oh, no, you can't pull out Princess Bride and think I won't get that. :D

"Lucky I got a compass in the stock."

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2013, 07:09:33 AM »
A Christmass story... and he's talking about a Red Ryder BB gun, which was never made this way in RL 8)

"Those were 500 Dollar sunglasses, asshole."
I'm bad and that's good.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »
"Those were 500 Dollar sunglasses, asshole."

That's from one of my personal favorites, Mortal Kombat; a movie whose excellent storyline is mostly ignored because of its terrible acting and poor production values. I've always thought, "You know, that movie would really be fantastic if only it had been done well."

Errrm... how aboouuutt...

"I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2013, 04:07:39 PM »
Yay, I finally know one. 

It's Braveheart.

My turn (another quote but its not "the quote").

"We can do so much more. We can save this world... with the right leadership. "

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »
Watchmen.

My turn:

"....., shut up, mate! 'Cause I tell ya, your little brain cell might go off now and again, but if you hands even go to move,
if you try to set up the Islamic State of Tinsley again, going to university lectures, opening your big mouth, buying some
more silver nitrate from Amazon... I'm gonna rip your plugs out!"
I'm bad and that's good.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2013, 07:48:49 AM »
Watchmen.

My turn:

"....., shut up, mate! 'Cause I tell ya, your little brain cell might go off now and again, but if you hands even go to move,
if you try to set up the Islamic State of Tinsley again, going to university lectures, opening your big mouth, buying some
more silver nitrate from Amazon... I'm gonna rip your plugs out!"

Four Lions.  ;D

--

Come on General, you've lost men, I've lost men, but you - you, you *can't* do this! What, what if they don't even want the sheik, have you considered that? What if what they really want is for us to herd our children into stadiums like we're doing? And put soldiers on the street and have Americans looking over their shoulders? Bend the law, shred the Constitution just a little bit? Because if we torture him, General, we do that and everything we have fought, and bled, and died for is over. And they've won. They've already won!
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Caradavina

• Underling
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2013, 11:22:31 AM »
"That's a lot of nuts! That'll be four bucks, baby! You want fries with that?"  ;D
Feeling like a hero lost...