Author Topic: Movie Quotes  (Read 211656 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Movie Quotes
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2013, 04:45:42 AM »
Hi Heroette!!!!  G'nite!!!!  Cya tomorrow on Justice Titan Network forums server for more CoH fun.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »
Ooh, I got one. This is from one of my favorite movies ev-arrr.

"It's the same thing your whole life: Clean up your room. Stand up straight. Pick up your feet. Take it like a man. Be nice to your sister. Don't mix beer and wine, ever. Oh yeah: Don't drive on the railroad track."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »
Ooh, I got one. This is from one of my favorite movies ev-arrr.

"It's the same thing your whole life: Clean up your room. Stand up straight. Pick up your feet. Take it like a man. Be nice to your sister. Don't mix beer and wine, ever. Oh yeah: Don't drive on the railroad track."

It was "don't drive on the railroad track" that gave it away.

"Groundhog Day"  (great movie!).

Let's see now....

"Well, how are you going to know if you can beat my straight flush?"  (sinister voice).

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2013, 09:28:25 AM »
(Was that from Maverick?)

"Five thousand of my men are out there in the freezing mud. Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. Two thousand will never leave this place. I will not believe that they fought and died for nothing."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »
That is right, it is from "Maverick".  And is yours from "Gladiator"?

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2013, 03:39:34 AM »

"I already had a big bowl of curly-toed weirdo for breakfast."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »

"I already had a big bowl of curly-toed weirdo for breakfast."
That would be my gamer-buddy and good friend, Tyrone!  I mean, oh wait,  it's a MOVIE quote....  Hmm, could it be SHREK ?????
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »
"After a few years and with some time off for good behavior, I was given an opportunity to better myself through learning at a strange place called 'shool'. It was there that I was once again ran into Mr Goody-Two-Shoes. He had already amassed a gigantic army of soft headed groupies."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
"After a few years and with some time off for good behavior, I was given an opportunity to better myself through learning at a strange place called 'shool'. It was there that I was once again ran into Mr Goody-Two-Shoes. He had already amassed a gigantic army of soft headed groupies."

Is that from "Clockwork Orange"?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
"How about a nice game of chess?"

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »
"How about a nice game of chess?"

Ok, I know I am not good at these but I think (or else simply feel like this should be) a line delivered by Ian McKlellen as Magneto in, um, one of the X-Men movies!  (Okay, even I admit that was tremendously lame, as well as a wild guess.)  *stands politely waiting for the next contestant to buzz in likely with the correct answer.*   :D

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2013, 10:57:26 PM »
must be done in a proper 80's voder tone.

Wargames.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »
must be done in a proper 80's voder tone.

Wargames.
Oh! Right! THANK YOU!!!!  Now that I imagine hearing that, it clicks.   :) 

I bet this will be an easy one--and in any event it is how i feel tonight:  "Forget your troubles, come on get happy.... "   ;D

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »
It reminds me of the Partridge Family but that is not a movie.  So anyone?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
It reminds me of the Partridge Family but that is not a movie.  So anyone?

Completely related to nothing we're talking about here: every time I hear the phrase "Partridge Family" I start singing the "Addams Family" theme and replacing "Addams" with "Partridge". Just felt like sharing that.

<.<

>.>

... I'll go sit down now.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »
Is that from "Clockwork Orange"?

It's from Megamind

"I don't believe this! I've got a trig midterm tomorrow, and I'm being chased by Guido the killer pimp...."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »
It's from Megamind

"I don't believe this! I've got a trig midterm tomorrow, and I'm being chased by Guido the killer pimp...."

I had a boss named "Guido" once.  That is all I know.  I don't know the movie.  LOL.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2013, 10:23:11 PM »

I think I have this one...

Risky business. 

Yes, I am a fountain of useless information.

Lets try this one.

When the wine drinks itself, when the skull speaks, when the clock strikes the right time, only then will you find the tunnel that leads to the Red Bull. There be a trick to it, of course

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2013, 09:55:46 PM »

I think I have this one...

Risky business. 

Yes, I am a fountain of useless information.

Lets try this one.

When the wine drinks itself, when the skull speaks, when the clock strikes the right time, only then will you find the tunnel that leads to the Red Bull. There be a trick to it, of course

O>O i mean  8)  That's way cool, errr KEWL, which is why I have no clue what film it is from, however I am going to guess:  Could it be the Scoobie-Doo movie?   :D

In the likely event I am wrong I've been itchin' to post this easy one for a while now.  Yeah, I know it's too easy and yet the line is so classic, the film so perfect; hint: it's the second film in a series that makes the first film look like dress rehearsal (imo).  So with all that build up here is the Quote:

"Get away from her, you [PANNCAKE]!!!!!!"  (quote modified a smidge so as to not offend current prevailing standards of decency and delicate sensibility.)

Remember also, Titans, that probably my guess was wrong, so there is still @JWBullfrog's jiucy quote to identify!!!!   Good luck, one and all!!   :)

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »
The Last Unicorn...loved that movie when I was a kid.
It also gave me quite a few interesting nightmares...stupid bull >:(
"Get away from her, you [rhymes with witch]!!!!!!"
And that would be Aliens...

My turn:
I'm sorry, I gotta go. Say hello to me...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.