Author Topic: Movie Quotes  (Read 211544 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Movie Quotes
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2013, 09:21:59 PM »
Wonder how many folks saw "John Dies at the End" ?

"Well, lets think. Um...well, you got fire. Beheading. Um...you can make him a big garlicky omelette. Or go traditional. Stake through the heart! Baamm!"
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »
I am glad that this thread has had so much activity but it just made me realize my knowledge of movie quotes sucks.  But carry on.  I am really enjoying reading it anyway.  Thank you all for keeping it going.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
Wonder how many folks saw "John Dies at the End" ?

"Well, lets think. Um...well, you got fire. Beheading. Um...you can make him a big garlicky omelette. Or go traditional. Stake through the heart! Baamm!"
*does the Brony Happy Dance and greets Healix!!!!*  I think this is from The Lost Boys probably by Edgar Frogg.  (Of course I could be wrong.)  Also, I have never seen "John Dies At The End" so I'll have to make sure to see it, Healix, if you recommend it.

*waves happily to @Heroette who now disguises her awesome self as @ScaleBeast.  I assume @scalebeast gets far fewer obnoxious invites from louts than Heroette...    ;)   Yes, I am less good at this game than I expected but it's fun to take a guess and plug away!  I am glad to see that Penelope Pistol lives on!!!!!  She was one of your many amazing creations and I remember well our last dance beneath Atlas, as well as all the other good times on Justice!  Since I have a touch of viral crud (reminds me of the croup when I was a kid) naturally I am missing City of Heroes more than ever.  However, I shall be strong and muster on.  Not only will this viral visitor soon be apprehended and arrested, I have great oldies from my youth to doze and nap and zone out to like "Oklahoma" (Love that movie!) and various other classics.  If I am not soon well, I even have some Disney in my arsenal.  Bwahaha!!  On to the Quote (assuming I correctly guessed Healix's which is far from guaranteed)

(please don't think me a pancake-y "dick" for saying this but this truly is the movie quote (1968 even!):  "You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious. "   ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2013, 01:15:09 AM »

(please don't think me a pancake-y "dick" for saying this but this truly is the movie quote (1968 even!):  "You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious. "   ;D

Oh, you, chitty chitty bang bang
chitty chitty bang bang we love you...
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2013, 03:27:46 AM »

Oh, you, chitty chitty bang bang*
chitty chitty bang bang we love you...
Well, gosh, JW!  I can see I didn't give you a moment's pause!  (I still think that line is hilarious even though as a kid in the theatre I wouldn't not have been able to tell you why the adults would find that line particularly funny.)  But Ms. Bullfrog, since you are correct, please post the next challenge!   :)

*NO BRAINER BONUS QUIZ
Guess who is still feverish and on prescription cough syrup, though really I am feeling much better!  Hence Memory Lane and Low to No Drama is my current preferred speed.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2013, 01:03:59 AM »
since you are correct, please post the next challenge!   :)

If you insist...

ahem...

"You IDIOT! You made me. Remember? You dropped me into that vat of chemicals. That wasn't easy to get over, and don't think that I didn't try."

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2013, 07:41:26 AM »
Wow, that is hard.....Tim Burton's Batman?

"For 500 bucks a month I'll kill whoever you want. But keep one thing in mind: I'd happily kill you for free."
Guess who is still feverish and on prescription cough syrup, though really I am feeling much better!  Hence Memory Lane and Low to No Drama is my current preferred speed.
Umm, maybe you should wait with watching John dies at the end, till you're not feverish anymore... we don't want a "johnrobey goes insane halfway through the movie".
It is kinda hard to follow even when your brain is working properly :P
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
Last Samurai - heavily underrated film imo.

Dad gave me this. Fifth birthday. He said, "Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die."
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »

"For 500 bucks a month I'll kill whoever you want. But keep one thing in mind: I'd happily kill you for free."Umm, maybe you should wait with watching John dies at the end, till you're not feverish anymore... we don't want a "johnrobey goes insane halfway through the movie".
It is kinda hard to follow even when your brain is working properly :P
Okay, thanks for the warning, Nos!   :)  I not a fan of the "johnrobey goes insane" movies at all!  Been there, done that, have a commemorative T-shirt and the meds to prove it.  Really, the story isn't original, the acting (if we want to call it that) is not only amateurish but completely unprofessional.  :-X 

I like the quote!  It's the best line from The Cheyenne Social Club The Last Samurai!!!!

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »

Figured somebody would get that one. I'm still a bit partial to Heath Ledger's Joker, just for the level of madness he put into it, but Jack did an excellent job of being murderously insane.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2013, 08:56:17 AM »
Dad gave me this. Fifth birthday. He said, "Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die."
The Crow...first one, with Brandon Lee.

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2013, 01:46:46 AM »
Hey Farva?  What's the name of that restauraunt you like with all the goofy crap on the walls?

aka, yeah, I know that one... Super Troopers!  Awesome movie.

So.. hm... oohhkayyy... what movie quote should I turn in... Hm...  oh, ok, here ya go:

"'Handle us'?  You'll 'handle us'? You know, your predecessors had much more respect."

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2013, 08:10:28 AM »
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
Oh man oh man, I know that I know this one. AAAGH!
Okay, I couldn't help myself from cheating and googling it. It was killing me. I'm disqualified this round. :'(
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
"I'm in the middle of an interrogation and this moron is giving me everything."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2013, 04:37:30 AM »
I believe that's Black Widow in The Avengers, talking to Agen Coulson... in a slinky black dress, tied up to a chair, her red curly tresses hanging down, framing her gorgeous face with her beautiful eyes and lush lips, as she looks right at said moron, who gives her a look of incredulity at her impetuousness, whereupon she gives him a look of "Duh, of course you are."

Um... yeah.  ;D  Anyway, The Avengers. :)

I'm gonna stick with my previous:

"'Handle us'?  You'll 'handle us'?  Your predecessors had much more more respect."

/And yes, I didn't have to google/youtube that.  But here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im3dAORnFCM
//Huh.  Just realized that, with longer hair, Black Widow kinda looks like my Sisters Dawn characters.  Iiinteresting...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:42:35 AM by houtex »

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2013, 05:20:29 AM »
Wasn't that from one of the Matrix movies?

"Ethan, you broke the seal when you poured out the coffee, then you poured your father's remains in there and then you closed it. That didn't reseal it!"

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2013, 01:14:26 AM »
Indeed, the second, where the Merovingian wants the Keymaker back, and Neo goes "go, I'll handle them.".  And then proceeds to do exactly that.

I don't know that quote, wanted to confirm your guess.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2013, 04:01:54 AM »
(Due Date)

" I brought you inside. Fed you. Gave you a bath. And fed you again. And again. And tried to put some pants on you. And then I made the decision that would change my life forever. To make my soup without radishes. And to raise you as my own son."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2013, 03:25:46 AM »
(Due Date)

" I brought you inside. Fed you. Gave you a bath. And fed you again. And again. And tried to put some pants on you. And then I made the decision that would change my life forever. To make my soup without radishes. And to raise you as my own son."
Google knew this quote, but not I.  (cues disqualification buzzer)  Good one, Healix!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
(Due Date)

Okay so this isn't a serious guess, but I'll say it anyway cause I'm me. ;)  Whenever I can't figure out one of these quotes I'm always tempted to say "Mariah Carey in Glitter!"   Honestly, go back and look at some of the quotes we've had... "Mariah Carey in Glitter!" is an awesome answer ;D

But for realsies, nope, I got nuthin'. Except another entry:

"I went to Stanford, you blowhole!"