Author Topic: Movie Quotes  (Read 211607 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Movie Quotes
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2013, 11:22:10 PM »
OMG!!! I just saw Mindwalk for the first time the other night! Interesting movie....

"Snap out of it!"  *slap*
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013, 02:43:04 AM »
Moonstruck!  Although I think it was the slap first...

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And I'm all out of bubble gum."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013, 03:42:32 AM »
Moonstruck!  Although I think it was the slap first...

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And I'm all out of bubble gum."

I am pretty sure that is from "They Live".

And the next one is:

"Remember when I said I would kill you last?  I lied."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
OMG!!! I just saw Mindwalk for the first time the other night! Interesting movie....

"Snap out of it!"  *slap*
Woot!!!!  Three cheers for Healix and the most imaginary of *FAbuLous Prizes* possible for getting my obscure quote which was indeed from 1990's MINDWALK  I am glad you found it interesting.   I guess it just goes to prove that Timing is Everything (or at least counts for much).

Aww, it looks like someone else already got your Moonstruck line, so I shall have to try another one sometime soonish.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
"A ship! I find myself being fired upon by an entire ship!"

'Kay, time to spoil it I guess. this one's from Cutthroat Island.

As usual I'm clueless about the rest though, hehe :P

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
"You've gotta love crab. In the nick of time too. I couldn't take much more of those coconuts. Coconut milk is a natural laxative. Things that Gilligan never told us."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2013, 02:29:12 AM »

"Remember when I said I would kill you last?  I lied."

One of Ahnold's finest... Commando.

lets try this one:

"... are you saying, that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty four inch wide...gorilla!...is that what you're telling me?!!...
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »
Young Frawnkensteen.  Er, Frankenstien.

"Do you want to see Halley's comet at 8?  Or 80?"

/I may be slightly paraphrasing... been a while since I seen that movie, but it's very very close.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
"You've gotta love crab. In the nick of time too. I couldn't take much more of those coconuts. Coconut milk is a natural laxative. Things that Gilligan never told us."

That one soundsl ike Castaway.

*clears his throat*

"You want to vex my sister!"

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2013, 11:28:24 PM »
"You want to vex my sister!"

(Kate and Leopold?)

"Yeah, apparently I'm volatile, self obsessed, don't play well with others."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2013, 03:25:39 AM »
Are you sure this is from a movie, Healix, and not someone I know personally?   ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »
Oh, I know that quote.  Its from Ironman (or Ironman 2).

Wow, I can't think of a single one.   Got one.

"Quite an experieince, to live in fear, isn't it?"

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »
(Kate and Leopold?)

Yes and yes!

Umm... err... hmm.   Oooh!

"Those aren't pillows!!! :o "

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »
"Those aren't pillows!!! :o "
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!

"No matter what you hear in there, no matter how cruelly I beg you, no matter how terribly I may scream, do not open this door or you will undo everything I have worked for."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2013, 12:45:00 AM »
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!

"No matter what you hear in there, no matter how cruelly I beg you, no matter how terribly I may scream, do not open this door or you will undo everything I have worked for."

I believe that would be Herr Doktor (Gene Wilder) in Young Frankenstein   8)   (And yes, I am certain you know the correct U.S. pronunciation of "Frankenstein")  ;)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »
"My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2013, 02:17:51 AM »
ROFL!!!!!  I know the voice of Dr. EVIL when I hear it!!  Thanks, Healix!!!   (sorry i am not good at thinking these up, at least not today.)  Party on!!!!

Modified just now to note:  Oops! I just realized while I have identified the speech and the character, I did NOT identify the movie and (eep!) I am not certain which of the Austin Powers films this is from, but I think it's the second one, where Dr. Evil makes this speech while in group with Scott.  So if I'm correct that makes it either (now guessing) Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery or Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.  Of course I could be entirely wrong altogether, and perhaps this speech was given in Goldmember (at least I'm pretty sure that was the title of the 3rd movie.)  Sorry, I don't recall the title of the second Austin Powers movie but that's my guess.   *waits for another Titan Network forums player to give the correct answer more succinctly, ideally one also good at coming up with movie quotes.*
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:03:01 AM by johnrobey »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2013, 04:43:09 AM »
I believe that would be Herr Doktor (Gene Wilder) in Young Frankenstein   8)   (And yes, I am certain you know the correct U.S. pronunciation of "Frankenstein")  ;)
Yup.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
ROFL!!!!!  I know the voice of Dr. EVIL when I hear it!!  Thanks, Healix!!!   (sorry i am not good at thinking these up, at least not today.)  Party on!!!!

Modified just now to note:  Oops! I just realized while I have identified the speech and the character, I did NOT identify the movie and (eep!) I am not certain which of the Austin Powers films this is from, but I think it's the second one, where Dr. Evil makes this speech while in group with Scott.  So if I'm correct that makes it either (now guessing) Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery or Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.  Of course I could be entirely wrong altogether, and perhaps this speech was given in Goldmember (at least I'm pretty sure that was the title of the 3rd movie.)  Sorry, I don't recall the title of the second Austin Powers movie but that's my guess.   *waits for another Titan Network forums player to give the correct answer more succinctly, ideally one also good at coming up with movie quotes.*

Wow, now that I know what movie it is from, it plays in my head with Dr. Evils voice and its perfect.  Thanks Johnrobey!!!!!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2013, 04:18:20 PM »
Wow, now that I know what movie it is from, it plays in my head with Dr. Evils voice and its perfect.  Thanks Johnrobey!!!!!
Hi Heroette!!!!!  (((((HUGS))))) 

DIGRESSION
Now I just need to think of a kewl name for myself.  I mean using my RL name is soooo pedestrian or even Not Done!  Hmm, I've been considering changing my user name to SnakeBite Kit #12 for a while, or perhaps should use my old global @kristoff von gelmini - but @kristoff is too formal and there is often some confusion over which "Kris" is being addressed or even what gender people like Kris and Pat are etc....  ;)  [/end digression]

Okay I'll come up with a Line from a Movie to keep the ball rolling:

"Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down."  (Hint: this film was made and released in the 20th Century, not the 21st)  Good luck!