Author Topic: Gleefully Disregarding Copyright Laws  (Read 16599 times)

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
Re: Gleefully Disregarding Copyright Laws
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 01:13:43 AM »
I have been waiting for a thread like this i'll post some pics later :)
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:34 AM »
Please take a look at some of my homages http://cheetatron.deviantart.com/gallery/
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 07:04:15 AM »
 8) You have a nice homage there--Fun!  And now I am ready to  Log In and Do Battle against that penultimate world-wrecker, NCSoft, optimally while feeding the execs to the Devouring Earth.

Guess we can tell what alignment I am playing tonight...   :D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »
I had an entire story arc revolving around this theme, set in the 80s-90s cartoons of France (my childhood :P)

(Right) before CoH's closure, I made a demo record of me doing the SA in my main. That means all the costumes are copyrighted, since my main (Mister Bison) is also "inspired", from Street Fighter (we don't know what the M. stands for, but in France, it's "Monsieur", the equivalent of "Mister", which should be abbreviated Mr, but things that stay are not the most logical ones.)

Briefing text had you going in a super market and stopping in front of a television show showing your heroes getting beaten down by the Clockwork king, and Lord Recluse, and inviting you to enter the telly to save them. It was another Nemesis plot, and after you saved them, they thanked you from inside the telly, but you woke up in a couh in front of the telly in the supermarket, wondering if it was just all a dream, even though you would remember it forever.

There are two versions of the demo, mainly for two of my main's costumes, and I think the second one ends better, but the costume is from the StreetFighter 2V anime series, where the first started with my favourite costume, Beefy Bison from Street Fighter Alpha 3: take one take two (right click and save)

List of the characters (their serie) [their powersets]:
Cobra (Space Adventure Cobra) [Super Strengh/Dual Pistols]
Ryo Saeba (City Hunter) [Super Strength/Dual Pistols]
Duke Fleed (UFO robo Grendizer/Goldrake) [Super Strength]
Starlion (Thundercats) [Broad Sword]
Ryo Sanada (Ronin Warrios) [Dual Blades/Fire Armor]
Ulysses 31 (Ulysses 31) [Broad Sword/Shield Defense]
Mark Landers (Captain Tsubasa) [Martial Arts]
Captain Planet (Captain planet and the planeteers) [Earth control/Storm Summoning]
Conan the Adventurer (Conan the Adventurer) [Broad Sword/Shield Defense]
Flora (Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors) [Plant Control]
Red Bioman (Choudenshi Bioman) [Broadsword]
He-Man (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) [Broadsword]
(Adult, super saiyan) Gohan (Dragon Ball Z) [Energy Assault]
Captain Harlock (Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX) [Dual Blades]
Fantomette (Fantomette... more a series of novels, comics, and series) [Martial Arts/Gadgets]
Sailor Mars (Bishōjo Senshi Sailormoon) [Fire Assault/Fire Blast]
Seiya (Saint Seiya) [Energy Assault/Regen]
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star) [Dark Melee/Martial Arts]

And my main: Dark Melee / Super Reflexes / Soul Mastery / Vorpal Judgement / Seers Lore.

If I didn't take the most iconic character of the show, it was either for costume or powerset feasibility. All of them had a complete bio, fitting freeing and death dialog (especially Seiya, hich would ressucitate crying Saori's deity name ^^ was fun to watch).

I just rewatched the second take... Yeah, City was fun more than just the gameplay, the RP... You could also live anything...

As an end note, the second take's end is also how I left the game till disconnection (which happened early the morning of Dec. the 1st). In my universe. We stood together till the end. I floated, arms crossed, grinning maniacally, atop the corpses of Recluse and Nemesis.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:23:36 AM by Mister Bison »
Yeeessss....

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2013, 12:57:16 AM »
I've never watched a demo record, how do i launch one? I'd love to see the ones posted by M.Bison

Pheonyx

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 08:06:55 PM »
I had a Hit Girl homage called "Hail of Lead" (had to use the capital I for the lowercase L trick since someone had that name... the only time I ever did that trick). She was a DP/Storm Corruptor, and even had a Hit Girl costume which won a Halloween CC on Virtue. Her backstory was that she was from Praetoria and was Reese's foul-mouthed niece. When she had the choice to leave, she chose Paragon, mainly because it would have pissed off Uncle Reese... and when Emperor Cole met her before leaving for Talos, she flipped him the bird as she walked by.

Vigilant Huntress was basically a homage to the TV version of Huntress from the show Birds of Prey, and with the Gamine hairdo and leather trenchcoat was able to do a really close copy of one of the Ashley Scott promo shots for the show. The character actually gained its own "voice", so outfits changed to pull away from the copyrighted version but I did still have the original outfit up to the end.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »
I've never watched a demo record, how do i launch one? I'd love to see the ones posted by M.Bison
I'll suppose you're on Windows, not Mac or worse.

Open a file browser, and navigate to your game (if you don't have it, then you have a bigger problem. Should be in C:\Programs\NCSoft\City Of Heroes or somewhere equivalent. If you can't find a "cityofheroes.exe" file anywhere, you have to download the game from someone)

Now, without letting go of it, push the right mouse button (or the left, if you have made your mouse left-handed) on the cityofheroes.exe file, move the cursor around a bit, and back on cityofheroes.exe or in another browser window, and release the right mouse button. In the popup, choose "create shortcut here".

Right-click on the new shortcut to cityofheroes.exe you've just created, and open up its properties. In the target field of the shortcut tab, add
Code: [Select]
-demoplay to the end of the field. So that the content change from something like this
"C:\Programs\NCSoft\City Of Heroes\cityofheroes.exe" to this
"C:\Programs\NCSoft\City Of Heroes\cityofheroes.exe" -demoplay. Close the properties.

You can rename the shortcut "Play City of heroes demo" if you'd like. And move it anywhere. All you need to do now is drag & drop a .cohdemo file on it and it'll play it.

For better enjoyment, you can pause and resume the demo replay with the 'p' key, and you can free the camera with 'F2', you'll then be able to move around as if you were in a PvP Match, except you don't have a camera model.
Yeeessss....

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 03:12:04 AM »
Thanks!

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 06:30:08 PM »
I had a Hit Girl homage called "Hail of Lead" (had to use the capital I for the lowercase L trick since someone had that name... the only time I ever did that trick).

I had to use that for Helena Handbasket on some servers.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 06:46:41 PM »
I had an entire story arc revolving around this theme, set in the 80s-90s cartoons of France (my childhood :P)

(Right) before CoH's closure, I made a demo record of me doing the SA in my main. That means all the costumes are copyrighted, since my main (Mister Bison) is also "inspired", from Street Fighter (we don't know what the M. stands for, but in France, it's "Monsieur", the equivalent of "Mister", which should be abbreviated Mr, but things that stay are not the most logical ones.)

Briefing text had you going in a super market and stopping in front of a television show showing your heroes getting beaten down by the Clockwork king, and Lord Recluse, and inviting you to enter the telly to save them. It was another Nemesis plot, and after you saved them, they thanked you from inside the telly, but you woke up in a couh in front of the telly in the supermarket, wondering if it was just all a dream, even though you would remember it forever.

There are two versions of the demo, mainly for two of my main's costumes, and I think the second one ends better, but the costume is from the StreetFighter 2V anime series, where the first started with my favourite costume, Beefy Bison from Street Fighter Alpha 3: take one take two (right click and save)

List of the characters (their serie) [their powersets]:
Cobra (Space Adventure Cobra) [Super Strengh/Dual Pistols]
Ryo Saeba (City Hunter) [Super Strength/Dual Pistols]
Duke Fleed (UFO robo Grendizer/Goldrake) [Super Strength]
Starlion (Thundercats) [Broad Sword]
Ryo Sanada (Ronin Warrios) [Dual Blades/Fire Armor]
Ulysses 31 (Ulysses 31) [Broad Sword/Shield Defense]
Mark Landers (Captain Tsubasa) [Martial Arts]
Captain Planet (Captain planet and the planeteers) [Earth control/Storm Summoning]
Conan the Adventurer (Conan the Adventurer) [Broad Sword/Shield Defense]
Flora (Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors) [Plant Control]
Red Bioman (Choudenshi Bioman) [Broadsword]
He-Man (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) [Broadsword]
(Adult, super saiyan) Gohan (Dragon Ball Z) [Energy Assault]
Captain Harlock (Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX) [Dual Blades]
Fantomette (Fantomette... more a series of novels, comics, and series) [Martial Arts/Gadgets]
Sailor Mars (Bishōjo Senshi Sailormoon) [Fire Assault/Fire Blast]
Seiya (Saint Seiya) [Energy Assault/Regen]
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star) [Dark Melee/Martial Arts]

And my main: Dark Melee / Super Reflexes / Soul Mastery / Vorpal Judgement / Seers Lore.

If I didn't take the most iconic character of the show, it was either for costume or powerset feasibility. All of them had a complete bio, fitting freeing and death dialog (especially Seiya, hich would ressucitate crying Saori's deity name ^^ was fun to watch).

I just rewatched the second take... Yeah, City was fun more than just the gameplay, the RP... You could also live anything...

As an end note, the second take's end is also how I left the game till disconnection (which happened early the morning of Dec. the 1st). In my universe. We stood together till the end. I floated, arms crossed, grinning maniacally, atop the corpses of Recluse and Nemesis.

Pure AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!  *chants "We're not worthy" from Wayne's World*   Guess it's just as well I got in on the last 3.5 years (approx.) rather than the full 8 of so many of you (as well as my many SGmates who don't even lurk here.)    Musing, maybe I should wander over to the Stock Watch thread and see how B. & S. and GW2 are doing.   Maybe I'll even (*gag*) log into DDO again.   *sings "I Want My CoH" to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag  (Dire Straits, "Money for Nothing")
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 06:50:05 PM »
I had to use that for Helena Handbasket on some servers.
I wish I had known Helena Handbasket and team up with her while on Ellen Back or Ellen Gone....

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 03:45:58 AM »
I picked up Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance earlier this week...

?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)