Author Topic: WildStar Online  (Read 56477 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: WildStar Online
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
That was what they said about colored power customization in CoH. Now, Champions coming out had something to do with that getting pushed through, and maybe there won't be a similar competition to give Wildstar the impetus to change their tech, but it's not all that bad.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »
That was what they said about colored power customization in CoH. Now, Champions coming out had something to do with that getting pushed through, and maybe there won't be a similar competition to give Wildstar the impetus to change their tech, but it's not all that bad.

The WoW expansion comes out in the fall.  That will be Wildstars big big competition that will force it to push out new content and new features, I am guessing. ESO I guess, but it seems the people who want to play Wildstar and those that want to play ESO don't really fall in the same category so it doesn't sound like they are going to compete with each other.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »
I don't know if WoW counts as "competition" for any MMO... it's sort of a weird thing just because it's so huge. Champions was more a direct competition, since it was straight up superheroes, like CoH. I'm under the impression that WildStar is some sort of cartoony animals in space, fighting? Not much in that niche, really.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2014, 09:56:55 PM »

Heh. :D

zaprobo

• Minion
    • Journal of a Mastermind
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2014, 04:21:12 PM »

As an aside, the above plushie was available for purchase at PAX East and several fan outlets are offering them as competition prizes - they're very nicely made and I hope they go on sale to the general public soon! (I bought a good few for competitions myself).

[EDIT: Reconverted into an image because we have the technology to make things dynamically smaller! ~Agge]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:11:34 PM by Aggelakis »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »
OMG I desperately want a Rowsdower!!!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

RockLeeXIII

• Minion
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
After NCsoft shutdown CoH/V , i promised myself that i would never support any of their other games ...
in stating this ... i received a beta key from NCsoft for Wildstar online ... i've already given the eu key
to a friend that is interested ... so below is the key for the US version ... have fun :

WildStar Beta Invitation
Following the directions below, you'll be able to redeem your key and start downloading the client immediately. Servers will be open Friday April 25 at 7:00am PDT and will close on Sunday April 27 at 11:59pm PDT.

Beta Key for U.S. Servers:
5J6W-7HYT-53BM-AHZT-SMRC

This Friday, step on to Nexus for an exclusive beta weekend!
We appreciate your early support of WildStar, and are sending a beta key your way for our WildStar-community only beta weekend! This Friday to Sunday, you will be able to choose your faction and class, and hone your skills with dungeons, PvP, questing, and enjoying content through level 25.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2014, 07:42:22 PM »
After NCsoft shutdown CoH/V , i promised myself that i would never support any of their other games ...
in stating this ... i received a beta key from NCsoft for Wildstar online ... i've already given the eu key
to a friend that is interested ... so below is the key for the US version ... have fun :

WildStar Beta Invitation
Following the directions below, you'll be able to redeem your key and start downloading the client immediately. Servers will be open Friday April 25 at 7:00am PDT and will close on Sunday April 27 at 11:59pm PDT.

Beta Key for U.S. Servers:
5J6W-7HYT-53BM-AHZT-SMRC

This Friday, step on to Nexus for an exclusive beta weekend!
We appreciate your early support of WildStar, and are sending a beta key your way for our WildStar-community only beta weekend! This Friday to Sunday, you will be able to choose your faction and class, and hone your skills with dungeons, PvP, questing, and enjoying content through level 25.

You should probably change that to a "PM for the beta key" because now several different people are going to try and use that.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2014, 02:53:44 AM »
Whoever uses it first is the only one that will get it, so nbd leaving it up.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2014, 07:16:16 PM »
Are there any raids in the beta? If so, how long do they take on average?

One of the nifty features of CoH for me was that there were quite enough TFs which you could complete within an hour or two, and that meant I could do them regularly. I'm playing SWTOR right now and the raids here take 3 hours on average which is just too much for me, I'm not in a situation where I can get that much time in one sitting. So how's this situation in Wildstar?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2014, 07:08:05 AM »
There's dungeons - solo (which you can bring a team to and they will dynamically scale just like City's instances did), team, and multi-team - and there's outdoor events (e.g. world bosses).

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2014, 04:10:50 AM »

One of the nifty features of CoH for me was that there were quite enough TFs which you could complete within an hour or two, and that meant I could do them regularly. I'm playing SWTOR right now and the raids here take 3 hours on average which is just too much for me, I'm not in a situation where I can get that much time in one sitting. So how's this situation in Wildstar?

I haven't done any raiding yet in Wildstar.  Haven't gotten anywhere near max level.  So can't comment on just raiding.  However like Aggelakis said there is dungeons and a lot of of casual friendly content.  If I were to guess though raids will probably take about an hour or two to do.  Just a guess though.

zaprobo

• Minion
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2014, 02:26:06 PM »

The 20-man Genetic Archives Raid is in beta. Except for the final boss. Those guilds in beta that are raiding seem to take hours over it (and not always winning, either). You can read a guide/overview of it @ http://wildstar-central.com/resources/the-genetic-archives.8/

The 40-man Datascape Raid is not currently in the Beta, but will be available (once attuned) in Live. You can see a sneak peak in the WildStar Panel from PAX East @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plrwl1vYl9Q&t=40m20s

There's dungeons - solo (which you can bring a team to and they will dynamically scale just like City's instances did), team, and multi-team - and there's outdoor events (e.g. world bosses).

To clarify there are Shiphands (1 to 5-man, scalable), Dungeons (5-man Fixed), Adventures (5-man Fixed), and Raids (20 or 40-man, Fixed).

The equivalents to Task/Strike Forces in WildStar are probably Dungeons or Adventures. I'd probably say the Adventures are closest as they then to have a more well defined storyline that you have moments to appreciate (when you choose your path for each section).

Shiphands weigh in as more of a self-contained instance mission (to my mind). But a good one - in the same class as some of my favourite arcs from CoH.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:37:48 PM by zaprobo »

zaprobo

• Minion
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
For those nostalgic about Supergroup Bases and what you could achieve... this might sway you towards WildStar....
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36938-extreme-housing-a-piano/

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »
I suppose Shiphand/Dungeon/Adventure/Raid rewards are of the standard WoW-like fare - bound on pickup? One other thing I liked very much in CoH is that I could farm merits on whichever toon I was in the mood for at that time, and not just those that needed immediate equipping. But I haven't yet come across another MMO that allows that.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2014, 11:15:09 AM »
I've been playing open beta for a few days.  While most of the open world content isnt that bad, I have to say
its one of least casual friendly games I've played since I tried GW2.   I die several times per play session -
I guess it expects more dodging/strafing from the player than I'm willing to do.  Guess I'm just not a FPS style
player.

The "explorer" path also turns out to be "Mario bros".  Try to hop, skip, and jump to a high point in the terrrain.
Clearly ripped off from GW2 with their "Vista points", and extremely frustrating to me as a player.

The graphics are ok, but not breathtaking.  Voice acting is also ok, although most of the npcs sound very similar to each other.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:29:08 AM by silvers1 »
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »
If you want to do exploring, be a scientist. You do a lot more actual exploring as you track down things to scan. Explorer is jumping puzzles + scavenger hunts.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
You should probably change that to a "PM for the beta key" because now several different people are going to try and use that.

Nah. If you want another key all you have to do is sign up on their web site.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2014, 07:19:09 AM »
The 40-man Datascape Raid is not currently in the Beta, but will be available (once attuned) in Live.

40-man raids... with attunements? I'm having flashbacks to molten core at 60...

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2014, 07:58:45 AM »
That's entirely intended. Wildstar is the latest in a long line to try and recapture the feeling of vanilla WoW. I suspect they'll also be the latest in an almost equal length line to find out the hard way why WoW moved away from that, but that's just my opinion.