Author Topic: NCSoft Should Follow Example Set By EA Regarding Fan Loyalty  (Read 9183 times)

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
Re: NCSoft Should Follow Example Set By EA Regarding Fan Loyalty
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 04:12:13 AM »
As someone who went back and played UO on a large community server during a break from COH, I must confess I appreciate EA's lack of interest in quashing such efforts. It's not like they're hiding or anything. In fact, they point you to EA's site to download the client.

NCsoft could've benefited from following EA's example with the way to run a game worldwide--specifically by following thru with language localization efforts and by staggering server downtimes so you don't shut the door on all your Pac Rim customers around 8-11pm every week night (as was the case in the early days of COH).

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: NCSoft Should Follow Example Set By EA Regarding Fan Loyalty
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
I honestly, highly doubt that. And this is speaking as someone who admires Cryptic to a small degree.

I concur. I think Cryptic was trying to dump COX around the time NCSoft bought the other half of owner ship (or something of the likes).

I think either COx would have been long gone under Crypti because they needed space (whether in the way of manpower, finance etc. and other types of space) to work on that project, which I think, keyword, I think and might might be wronger than two boys in the woodline, that came to be CO in the end.