Author Topic: possible good news?  (Read 64315 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
possible good news?
« on: January 17, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
I jumped the gun a bit and made a general business proposition to Aeria games, some of it was about thier own current games which have no relation to city or heroes or super heroes so I wont even summarize it.

the rest of the proposition can be sumarized as this:

I Reminded them of City Of Heroes being killed off last fall. and referenced all current Superhero MMOs as 'garbage' in our eyes.

I blantedly stated there was a hole in the MMO market left behind by city of heroes. and suggested they might try to fill it. referencing also that they currently don't have a modern age/futuristic Super hero MMO.

I hinted at 2 possible things they could do:

1: buy city of heroes and continue it

2: make thier own super hero MMO

I was specific in the second option making sure to highlight some of the aspects that made CoH work, and then directed them to the titan network forums for information regarding the player base's desires.

I also mentioned for the sake of our current efforts that we were courting Disney and Google trying to get them to by CoH.

this morning the status of the ticket changed from unopened to: 2013-01-17 15:46:16   Status changed from 'new' to 'resolved'

no comments

I wonder if this means aeria games has already noticed the hole left behind by CoH CoV and intends to fill it in some way?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:26:23 PM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: possible good news?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »
(Accent:Russian :Movie: 2012) Good. Very good. (end:accent)

But I seen a bit of an orange (a little beyond yellow but not quite red) flag go off in my head when I read "ticket". Did you makea buisness proposition through an in-game bug/help/tech support/"insert what ever you want to call it" line? If so, and mind you I'm totally jumping the gun here, then resolved could also mean that the ticket is resolved as in no issue to be solved and thrown out.

I dont think making a buisness proposition, any one that is be taken serious, should be made through ticket support. If not and it's just a general email ticket, which some places actually have for incoming emails and the likes through contact information, then belay everything after end:accent.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
Ticket system? Resolved?

Hah. That's a tier 1 monkey saying "WTF is this? LOL. Closed."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:21 PM »
Ticket system? Resolved?

yeah, that was my gut feeling.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »
Ticket system? Resolved?

agreed with this, sounds like they sent in a support ticket which was more of a suggestion

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 10:15:14 PM »
Gosh, now I'm having horrid flashbacks of all the flak some other guy got for using the NCsoft support system to get answers about the shutdown.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »
Gosh, now I'm having horrid flashbacks of all the flak some other guy got for using the NCsoft support system to get answers about the shutdown.

Yeah, that poor chap got flamed pretty decent.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »
Should I get out marshmallows?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »
Kind of late now but there was plenty of marshmallow roasting in that flame.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 12:33:04 AM »
This is a joke thread right?  Or does someone actually think that sending in a support ticket to some lowest totem pole GM is going to make it up the corporate ladder to the CEO and board of directors who are then going to pass along their decision via a 'ticket closed' response?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 12:42:32 AM »
well if you would of asked me around Sept. if I thought it was a joke, I would have easily and quickly said yeah. But it has happened before by a person who was a veteran in the gaming business (according to them and their website), so I'm not sure if it's a joke here as it seems to be made by a just a person who is trying to get it to the right person that may not be a veteran in the gaming producing business.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »
Thats not good news.. thats not even news at all..

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:42 AM »
Status: New -> Resolved with no comment - much less explanation - is equivalent to whoever got your ticket dismissing it on face value.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »
sigh not through an ingame report system.

this was just how that particular company Aeria Games handles business discussions. they use a ticket system for all business issues.

this had nothing to do with a 'support ticket' system, it was strictly for business.

heres the description:

Business

This category is for anyone looking to advertise with us, is a developer looking for us to produce their game, or has a business opportunity that they would like to share with us.

http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/business

it's both a game I'm asking them to produce and a business opportunity I am sharing with them.

thier listing the issue as 'resolved' without making comments most likely implies they have somthing planned for a future release but currently must be kept hush hush (due to uncertainty? or due to having not much to show yet?)

oh, NEWS the status was changed to 'hold'

though I did enquire rather meekly and calmly as to why it said 'resolved' when no reply had been given.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:59:28 AM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 04:17:43 AM »
sigh not through an ingame report system.

this was just how that particular company Aeria Games handles business discussions. they use a ticket system for all business issues.

this had nothing to do with a 'support ticket' system, it was strictly for business.

heres the description:

http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/business

it's both a game I'm asking them to produce and a business opportunity I am sharing with them.

thier listing the issue as 'resolved' without making comments most likely implies they have somthing planned for a future release but currently must be kept hush hush (due to uncertainty? or due to having not much to show yet?)

oh, NEWS the status was changed to 'hold'

though I did enquire rather meekly and calmly as to why it said 'resolved' when no reply had been given.

Ah ok. I knew I jumped the gun.

Surelle

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »
Well hey now, they are a worldwide developer and publisher of F2P MMOs with offices in the USA after all.   And they don't have a Superhero game, but they ARE used to F2P!  It might be a good thing if this ever worked out.  They're a professional company primarily handling MMO development and distribution already.  It's not going out on a limb to picture them taking on another MMO, especially one in a sub-genre they don't already cater to.

So quit being mean and jumping on the OP for coming up with what could be a good thing, you big mean peeps you!   :P

Ideas are not exclusive to one or two people, you know.  Try to remember that we don't want to cut off our noses to spite our faces here.   We all want the same thing:  For CoH to get picked up by a reputable, professional MMO dev/publisher.  Wouldn't it stink if the right opportunity came and went and people were so busy immediately shooting everything down that they didn't even notice?  Or that so much time went by that the press forgot CoH (which has basically already happened) and any pressure NCSoft had been feeling to sell it faded away?

I mean, wouldn't it be good if *something* good and reliable from an experienced company worked out?  Why should people be put down for trying?  Are YOU trying?  And what of a concrete nature is coming of it if you are?

Though I think it is going to be a lot harder to convince NCSoft to sell to anyone than it would be to get Aeria interested in buying CoH,  keep us posted if you hear anything, Joshex!  (If you even still feel like posting here anymore after the reaction you got, lol.)  Let's hope this idea has merit both with Aeria and NCSoft (but I still tend to doubt NC will sell to much of anyone).

At this point, since the door has been opened and nothing concrete is happening otherwise, wouldn't it be a good idea to send the 31-page pitch to Aeria now?   (The whole Google thing supposedly wouldn't even involve Google itself buying CoH anyway, so who knows, maybe they could just nudge NCSoft into selling to someone like Aeria, although why Google would bother becoming some sort of intermediary for CoH simply out of the goodness of their hearts, without getting paid, is beyond me, no matter who if anyone wants to buy CoH).

Here's a blurb on who Aeria is,  and they don't appear to launch games in Asia, so maybe NCSoft wouldn't see them as much of a threat:

With a rapidly growing community of over 45 million core players and a deep portfolio of development partners, Aeria Games is a leading destination for free-to-play online multiplayer games. Founded in 2006 and with offices in the US, Germany, and Brazil, Aeria Games publishes and develops high quality online games in nine languages - English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Italian, Turkish and Russian - covering more than 30 countries.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:46:51 AM by Surelle »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »
Normally I would discourage people from scattershotting efforts onto too many companies.  We DO NOT want to get into a bidding war, where the price of CoH ends up being inflated past what an investor can expect to see out of it.

However, this company wasn't on my radar at all, and I think you seem to be going about this in a good solid fashion, so please continue to pursue.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Surelle

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 01:22:45 PM »
Mercedes,

Do you think Team Wildcard should ship Aeria a quick copy of that 31-page "selling" document for CoH?  It would time nicely with Joshex's work, and I'm sure it would help our cause.  If you need help with the money to mail this out, I will happily pay it.  I'm a single working mother, but I would pay a lot more than a Fedex bill to get CoH back.  It would be worth it. 

Joshex, I hope you're still out there for us to contact.   :)

And is there any way Joe in Korea could give us a quick....update on NCSoft or blurb in the Korean times somehow, to step on NCSoft's toe and remind them all we're still here, so that it could time properly with any efforts Aeria might soon make?

Timing is everything in a sale.  30 years in sales have taught me that.  And the media *can* have an impact.   I reviewed for Computer Gaming World magazine for the last four years they were in print (and ultimately became their MMORPG reviewer), so I know that as well.  (I even reviewed CoV for them when it came out.   ;D  There, now you know.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:00:25 PM by Surelle »

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 05:20:37 AM »
Joshex, i sincerely hope you had someone else proofread your proposal before sending it to Aeria, or at least it wasn't written just like your posts in this thread. While your posts convey your thoughts clearly enough the profuse spelling and punctuation issues do not project a very serious and professional image.

Nevertheless i do like your idea, and Aeria wouldn't be the worst candidate to acquire CoH, especially since they are focused primarily on MMO-style games and are based in the US.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

McCreed

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 06:19:09 AM »
Joshex, i sincerely hope you had someone else proofread your proposal before sending it to Aeria, or at least it wasn't written just like your posts in this thread. While your posts convey your thoughts clearly enough the profuse spelling and punctuation issues do not project a very serious and professional image

Nevertheless i do like your idea, and Aeria wouldn't be the worst candidate to acquire CoH, especially since they are focused primarily on MMO-style games and are based in the US.
I don't think he has "profuse" grammar and spelling issues at all.  He's obviously going a little easy on the shift key when posting here, but lots of people do that (including yourself ;)).  Even if he did, I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt to know the difference between writing a business proposal and posting to a gaming forum.