Author Topic: What song are you listening to?  (Read 129086 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: What song are you listening to?
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
LMAO, Triplash!  I had half hoped to get "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies out of my head (tho why bother? it's such a good song) but then even before I got to your brilliant line about I think I'll link you (LOL) I then had THAT song going thru my head.  It certainly is a good thing none of us here are showing our age what with the various songs that come floating down memory lane; e.g., a really MODERN song from just yester-year popped into my brain seeing this thread title and so I knew I was gonna add this song from the very most recent Days of Future Past (obligatory Moody Blues reference), yes, I mean none other than "I Melt With You" by Modern English.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO4OP3-lXf0   Now as far as I am concerned, songs from this era (mid 1990s) are almost on the Edge of Time (ref: to Hawkwind), and yes, I am certain there are people who will point out to me that it's 2013 already, and thus ask what I am doing Living In the Past? Heh, here's what I'm doing:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8  (Jethro Tull, "Living in the Past" 1969)

Have a beautiful day, Titans!!   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
Mal's Song - Michelle Dockrey (Nice Shiny Link)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2013, 09:58:04 PM »
It certainly is a good thing none of us here are showing our age what with the various songs that come floating down memory lane; e.g., a really MODERN song from just yester-year popped into my brain seeing this thread title and so I knew I was gonna add this song from the very most recent Days of Future Past (obligatory Moody Blues reference), yes, I mean none other than "I Melt With You" by Modern English.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO4OP3-lXf0   Now as far as I am concerned, songs from this era (mid 1990s) are almost on the Edge of Time (ref: to Hawkwind), and yes, I am certain there are people who will point out to me that it's 2013 already, and thus ask what I am doing Living In the Past?
Have a beautiful day, Titans!!   :)
Unfortunately for us all "I Melt With You" was on the 1982 album After the Snow...:)

"Becoming X" - Sneaker Pimps
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:40 PM »
Unfortunately for us all "I Melt With You" was on the 1982 album After the Snow...:)

"Becoming X" - Sneaker Pimps
1982.....  um, right.    Thanks for that gentle correction.  Just wishful thinking on my part that placed "I Melt With You" to a decade or more after its release.   :-[ (embarrassed but I'll get over it.)

In reply to Mal's Song - HD Widescreen (which was nice, by the way, and how I wish we'd had far more than 3 seasons of Firefly and Serenity) I am posting one of my faves; Leslie Fish et al "Hope Eryie" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXteSV8rBwY   (Now if I can only get my State Legislature as excited about developing solar, wind and other "green" energy sources as we U.S. Americans felt about the Space Race during the 1960's..... )   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:52 PM »
I heard the fans of Veronica Mars actually got together and funded a movie. Completely crowdsourced. If Whedan can't get a studio to support Firefly (really, what studio would not take a chance on it? Even NcSoft wouldn't give up that much free money!) I am sure Browncoats would be able to swing that. Besides, Whedan is so invested in the story that he would practically jump at the chance. I would think the actors would as well. Nathan would I am sure.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2013, 09:03:52 AM »
I am still listening to "Beat Patrol" by the Starship, 1987 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VabzPmlaWOI  mainly 'cause I haven't thought to listen to this song for decades!  And I still like it.   :)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »
The classic rock radio station I am listening to is playing The Immigrant Song.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2013, 01:00:48 AM »
The classic rock radio station I am listening to is playing The Immigrant Song.
I LOVE that song (and always have!)  Here in Minnesota it often feels like The Land of the Ice and Snow......   As the joke goes, we have two seasons in Minnesota: Winter and Road Repair, and if Summer falls on a weekend, we have a picnic!   :D

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2013, 02:01:00 AM »
Because my brain is what it is, and I saw the thread title of "Silly Forum Games", I now have "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney and Wings in my head, only modified:

"You think that people would have had enough of silly for'm games... I look around me and I seeeee it isn't so... "

Over.

And Over.

And Over Again... and again.. and again and again and again and again!  With a Lyric!

/Coming soon to a theatre near you... the Horribly Long Madness Driven by the Incredibly Irritatingly Incorrect Lyric... the Lyrisagi is coming for YOU.
//Over 9 hours of running time... 10 seconds in the making...
///From Blammo!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2013, 06:24:09 AM »
Because my brain is what it is, and I saw the thread title of "Silly Forum Games", I now have "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney and Wings in my head, only modified:

"You think that people would have had enough of silly for'm games... I look around me and I seeeee it isn't so... "

I like the cut of yer jib, houtex. Yessir that's a well-cut jib.

My brain works much the same way. It gets... interesting, sometimes. For example, my favorite board game company recently announced a new expansion to their zombie-based game line. The expansion takes place in an old logging town, and in a YouTube video the game's designer said there would be big, burly zombies that carry chainsaws. He then made the mistake of calling them "zombie lumberjacks" where I could hear it. This is the comment I posted on the video:

I'm a zombie lumberjack and I'm okay! I shamble all night, I eat brains all day.
(He's a zombie lumberjack and he's okay! He shambles all night and eats brains all day.)
I see the heroes, I chase them down,
And I hide behind the trees!
*fires up the chainsaw* Uuuurrrggghhh!

I don't have the most common sense of humor, it seems. :-\

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »
*ROFLs over Houtex and Triplash's comments then remembers why he came to this thread.*

Thanks to someone else's "memories" URL I am now listening to this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwESraWEpSU  "Happy Happy Joy Joy" by Ren & Stimpy (because I failed my saving throw.... )

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »
Under the Water - Jewel

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2013, 01:34:44 AM »
This is what I listening to right now.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYQaD2CAi9A  "Scarborough Fair & Canticle" by Simon & Garfunkel.  While I may have listened to this while feeling sad, I don't think I've ever been able to NOT feel uplifted and somewhat better just from listening to how the melodies, rhythms, and voice blend and are woven together.  (Of course I get that Uplifted, Feel Good Feeling from a number of songs from a number of different musical genres.)

/em boombox with Dance emotes   8)   (and yes, that would be me dancing alone and (happily for all of us) unseen.)   ;)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »
Judge Judy's theme...LOL  *dah dah dah DAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH*
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
Park Avenue Beat (aka the Perry Mason show theme song)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4wkkkaFTc

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »
Okay, now I'm listening to this version of Peter, Paul & Mary singing "If I Had a Hammer"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DPyqg59TA from the wonderful reunion concert that PBS uses whenever PBS is having a donation drive.

Because I am going to MINICON 48 (my first Minicon was 14, 15, or 16) back in 1977 or '78 and the year or two before I joined the Minneapolis Science Fiction Society one of their talented geniuses had adapted and re-written West Side Story into Midwestside Story hence the song of joy in my heart is lyrically "I Get To Go The Minicon" sung to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6wo2wpT2k "America."

And in honor of Easter, as well as helpful reminder to myself to strive to be upbeat despite adversity, from the film Life of Brian by Monty Python (Fair Warning: this may push the envelope for some or even more, so be careful), it's "Always Look at the Bright Side of Life"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Note: some say my taste in music (like books) is "eclectic" but I prefer the terms full-bodied, full-figured, or even statuesque.   ;)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2013, 04:04:57 AM »
Heh, Trip, that's awesome.  Your jib is also cut very well, I think. :)

I.. I don't know why my brain does this silliness... I read the word 'theme' in Healix's post... and now I have the theme from Dallas (the original show) in my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8YuDqFo6o

I love my brain, but sometimes, it's just really left of center... o.0

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »
Note: some say my taste in music (like books) is "eclectic" but I prefer the terms full-bodied, full-figured, or even statuesque.   ;)

"Eclectic" is probably the right word to describe my taste in music too. Doesn't stop me from preferring the word "weird" though ;)

I love my brain, but sometimes, it's just really left of center... o.0

Ayup. I know the feelin', pardner.

For my entry today, I'ma go with Five Dollar Bill by the Corb Lund Band.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2013, 08:51:41 PM »
The theme to Game of Thrones...watched seasons 1 and 2, all 20 episodes on the Freeview event.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2013, 02:05:11 AM »
Static Mind - Girl In A Coma