Author Topic: MP4 previews for ALL THE MOVS!  (Read 44170 times)

ThePhlebotomist

• Underling
Re: MP4 previews for ALL THE MOVS!
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 01:38:11 AM »
This is awesome!

Leandro, would you feel okay sharing your script, too?  I'd love to see how you manipulate the CoH client via a script to run the demos.

ladycat924

• Underling
  • Star's Dark Blade - RIP CoH
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 01:39:21 AM »
Time seems to keep bouncing up and down. Currently reporting 65% downloaded, two and a half hours remaining. (That 34 hours sure dropped while I was gone to dinner!)
Cat
CoH - @violet shadow 924
CoH Forums - Star's Dark Blade

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »
Leandro, would you feel okay sharing your script, too?  I'd love to see how you manipulate the CoH client via a script to run the demos.

There's really nothing to it. I go through a list of all the MOVs (that Codewalker dumped in the Wiki) and write a demo file with that MOV, then I just call

D:\\CohBeta\\cityofheroes.exe -demoplay mov_list -demofps 30 -demodumptga -fullscreen 0 -screen 720 720

to dump the demo's contents to a folder of TGA files, and then

ffmpeg -f image2 -r 30 -i "D:\\CohBeta\\client_demos\\screens\\mov_list\\movie_%05d.tga" -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 800k -r 30 "D:\\All the Dog MOVs!\\$mov.mp4"

using the standard ffmpeg static .exe to turn some TGAs into an MP4. There's absolutely no special scripting here, just go through the list, write demo, dump, convert, repeat.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 03:54:29 AM »
got the full torrent downloaded here. copying it over my server now and will begin seeding as soon as it's done. Also looking to see if I can get any systems on other internet providers to host the file as well. Speed should be going up a little bit now.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 04:33:58 AM »
Ive almost finished downloading it, and I'll be sure to stream it overnight.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

ladycat924

• Underling
  • Star's Dark Blade - RIP CoH
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2012, 05:25:18 AM »
Download complete. My system will be up overnight as well, as far as I can tell there is currently outbound data.
Cat
CoH - @violet shadow 924
CoH Forums - Star's Dark Blade

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2012, 05:26:20 AM »
I'll be seeding all night tonight as well.

Hope it helps!

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 06:16:04 AM »
Done and seeding all night.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Nitra

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2012, 06:37:12 AM »
I am loving how this community has NOT given up... this is what made coh the game it was and ncsoft can never close that down!!! GREAT job guys!!!!
It's better to save the mystery, then surrender to the secret...

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »
I have uploaded about 2.5 GB's so far. Gonna keep seeding throughout the overnight until I get off work here.

Though it's odd, this is what I am seeing but it still says I am seeding...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:32:37 AM by ThorsAssassin »

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
Remember that the reported down/up speeds include protocol overhead.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 12:22:13 PM »
Protocol overhead....well...went over my head. Whats that mean?

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
I am loving how this community has NOT given up... this is what made coh the game it was and ncsoft can never close that down!!! GREAT job guys!!!!

We have absolutely no reason to give up, and every reason to believe we'll have COH back eventually. We owe it to all the rednames to make sure that all their hard work doesn't go away.  They built us a world, now it's our turn to keep it spinning.

Protocol overhead....well...went over my head. Whats that mean?

it means that, even though you're not downloading anything, other clients are still pinging your computer and saying "Hey, I got these pieces of the torrent, do you need anything? No? Cool. Hey, what pieces do you have?". That chatter uses a little bit of traffic, and that's what you're seeing as your download speed.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »
it means that, even though you're not downloading anything, other clients are still pinging your computer and saying "Hey, I got these pieces of the torrent, do you need anything? No? Cool. Hey, what pieces do you have?". That chatter uses a little bit of traffic, and that's what you're seeing as your download speed.

Ah gotcha, I stopped seeding just a few minutes ago as I didn't see anyone downloading (0 and 0) but it looks like I uploaded around 10GB's overnight. :)

As always, thanks for the info Leo!

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
Ah gotcha, I stopped seeding just a few minutes ago as I didn't see anyone downloading (0 and 0) but it looks like I uploaded around 10GB's overnight. :)

Very awesome. The tracker says 12 people have the full thing now, so it's pretty dang well seeded for anyone who shows up. As long as not everybody leaves. But I figured this particular project was only going to be of interest to a couple dozen people, so I'm pretty happy with the result.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »
I will seed again tonight when I start work. Great to hear it is 'working as intended' :)

If there is a certain time that people need seeds, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I usually power my computers down when not home but I can make an exception if it's needed.

Thanks again for all the hard work Leandro! Looking forward to what ya have up your sleeve next brother!

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
I will be seeding it when I am on line. Last night I left the computer powered, but it's better not to do that every day.

Watched a great deal of teh MOVs. They will be a big help in demo-editing. thanks again Leandro.

And now, I need to find myself a project to work on, or I am getting nuts.
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 03:50:03 AM »
My computer is on all the time and I now have the entire thing. I'll be seeding unless my internet goes down, in which case I will be back seeding once I notice it and start the program back up! ;)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 05:28:41 AM »
My computer is on all the time and I now have the entire thing. I'll be seeding unless my internet goes down, in which case I will be back seeding once I notice it and start the program back up! ;)

Show off, I am back on and seeding again :)

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
Tagging for later download.  Thanks Leandro.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.