Author Topic: Character Creator fun! (show us your imagination!)  (Read 73086 times)

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
Re: Character Creator fun! (show us your imagination!)
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »
hey did anyone ever hear again of the rumored crocodile tail that was pulled before the beast pack was released [but had a brief moment on beta or test or something]?

:)

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2013, 01:58:29 AM »
You're probably thinking of an interview around that time, when one of the devs said they had talked about doing a lizard pack, but it was just talk.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2013, 02:04:02 AM »
So many wonderful new things...! I gotta say, the devs were holding out on us! I would have paid a lot of money for these on the Paragon Market. I can't imagine why they help off to these.

Thanks to all who worked on this.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
Bumping with some nightmare fuel.

This one is very cool. Very Hellraiser-esque. Kudos!

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
I'm not too good at making nightmare-fuel monsters, but I was thinking about what kind of freaks I'd like to unleash upon the evil NCsoft people who cancelled our game, and I came up with this:

... like I said, I'm not that good at scary stuff, but I'd love to see YOUR Monsters of Vengeance, O Great Costume Gurus.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2013, 12:49:57 AM »
I already made Judge Death, but here's the rest of the dark judges.

If I wasn't so dense when it comes to grasping the basics of demo editing, I'd put them together in Dark Astoria.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2013, 02:30:44 AM »
as a tech-dense-dummy myself, i say "give demoediting a try!"

i learned in like, a few hours and i got to see my main floating around in atlas city hall and it made me hella happy. :)

my basics:

-make another shortcut and put  -demoplay at the end
-go to http://demolition.mcuznz.ca/ and upload a sentinel or costume file
-save in notepad with .cohdemo at the end
-drag to play in the demoshortcut
-weep with joy
-brows the forums here for tips and tricks and samples you can copy paste into your own text file
-feel like a god

aaand that's about it really. day two i had a group shot. day three i had tielekku's crown on my main [a guy] and another character about a foot tall. ^_^ give it a go!

roxyrevolver

• Underling
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2018, 03:11:54 AM »
How do i get the mender pieces for paragon chat
I would really like to have an official mender costume

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2018, 04:13:47 AM »
I posted a guide to introduce people on how to edit the database for Paragon Chat to use NPC/Villain costume parts.

While it isn't an encyclopedia of parts to choose from, if you are okay with doing the above, that's 50% of the battle.  Finding the parts is the other 50%.

The simplest to say advice (not necessarily the easiest or fastest method) is to use Icon in NPC mode, put the Mender parts on a toon (this might take some time) and use Demorecord commands to save the costume to a text file (Icon and Demorecord are both documented on Paragon Wiki), then use a database editor to punch in the parts to a costume you have (that last part the guide above can explain).

Bear in mind, NOT ALL NPC PARTS will validate in Paragon Chat as a working player costume.  It took some trial and error by the community to get Crab Spiders back with their leggy backpacks, after all.  And once a working DB Edited costume is in place, visiting a tailor to edit THAT costume slot (one with a lock on it) will lose the DB Edited changes.  (Any non-locked costume you're still free to change at a tailor at will.)  BUT if you do get stuck with a non-working part, sharing your findings on these boards will get a response from others in your shoes, and possibly an answer. :)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran