Author Topic: Character Creator fun! (show us your imagination!)  (Read 73549 times)

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
Re: Character Creator fun! (show us your imagination!)
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »
That's a good example of why letting players decide how much costume clipping they're ok with is the way to go.
Odd, I see that as a great COUNTER-example of that being a good idea.  But, as always, tastes differ.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »
Bumping with some nightmare fuel.

?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »
Yeeeesh!!! 

I'm not prone to nightmares myself but that's all kinds of disturbing.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
That character is clearly Voldo's Mother.

glenndale35

• Underling
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
How do i find the character creator here on the titan network?

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2013, 02:06:08 PM »
How do i find the character creator here on the titan network?
Right here!

Have fun  ;D
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2013, 03:53:50 PM »
I went through and I've been re-imagining some of the NPC groups we had for CoH. A fresh take on them, using the options we had at the end.

Don't want to kill you all with the image sizes and all, so here's a link to The 5th Column (revamped, including AVs).

Currently working up an Ouroboros revamp, including the contacts, plus a CoH take on some of DC and Marvel's icons.

If there's interest, I'll keep posting.

"In my dreams, devil, I soar through a far finer world than this. I dine and dance among graceful goddesses on the other side of the universe, and share home and hearth with heroes. In reality, here -- now -- I'm just another man, in a role I was never meant to play...."

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »
i'm always happy to ogle at other's creations, TheDemonHunter! :D please keep posting!

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2013, 05:21:53 PM »
I added my Requiem to the 5th Column since the initial post above. Knew I'd missed one somewhere. Basically, I just wanted a dark, foreboding look for the 5th Column, something to really make them be taken a little more seriously. Not over the top with tons of skulls and all that. Just a sense of menace to them, with a uniform feel to the whole group.

Anyway, the Menders are still being worked on so here's another for now.

Lord Kazrak was my Mercs/Dark/Soul MM, a character I could never really get the look I wanted for, which affected the play time he got. Only made it to 38 with him. Always other ideas, better ideas aesthetically perhaps, to be played. The story is he's an otherdimensional tyrant who has been deposed from his throne, and is building a new army to retake his former empire. I think this look is pretty much what I'd been looking for.

Then, as part of my Justice League of Paragon City batch, a little Kingdom Come-esque Alan Scott. Oddly, I think these two are the only ones I've used the Rommy belt piece for, and they wind up in the same post. Go figure.

More to come eventually.
"In my dreams, devil, I soar through a far finer world than this. I dine and dance among graceful goddesses on the other side of the universe, and share home and hearth with heroes. In reality, here -- now -- I'm just another man, in a role I was never meant to play...."

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2013, 08:26:37 PM »
Cool outfits dude!

Keep it up!

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

glenndale35

• Underling
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »
do you know the code to get the npc and Dev costume parts?

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2013, 10:46:13 PM »
do you know the code to get the npc and Dev costume parts?

Are you on a Windows PC?

If so, right click Icon.exe, create shortcut, right click the shortcut you made, select Properties.

Click the "Target" box there, and put this after the icon exe, as shown below.

ONE spacebar press, then type -n, and click Apply. Click OK. Run the shortcut. Enjoy.

If you are on a Mac, read these two posts closely:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.msg89987.html#msg89987
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.msg98905.html#msg98905
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:56:35 PM by Arachnion »

TheDemonHunter

• Underling
  • Base Builder
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:01 PM »
Cool outfits dude!

Keep it up!

:D

Thanks!

Just having fun with some more re-imaginings in this post. My design aesthetic isn't necessarily what others would have gone for, but I looked at Mender Ramiel and then the rest of Ouroboros and how dated they looked in comparison. I took cues from Ramiel's look and extended that retroactively across all of the Menders, making up a bunch of yet-to-be-named Menders, in addition to remakes for most of the existing ones. I also tweaked the color palette a bit to be more neutral, not as high contrast for the most part. Still recognizable as Menders, just a slightly different take on them.

Mender Silos had the most extensive makeover, which I really felt was necessary to bring him to the fore as an important piece of the puzzle for both the past and the future. And that super-tall spiky hair just had to go. I chose to use the Elemental Order bits to give a hint of Nemesis in the look, as the jacket/robe especially reminds me of old-school military uniforms. I went with the Elemental Order backpack as though he actually had an Ouro crystal on his back, harnessing the power of the timestream to move forward and backward through time as needed. All that power is represented in part by the fact that he gets the glowie bits from different sets to set him apart slightly. Was just an idea, one that not everyone will agree with, I'm sure, but I liked it, so I went with it.

Silos actually was not the first one I did. I rolled through a series of generic, unnamed Menders first, to get a feel for the look I wanted. I had fun making them all, trying to keep a cohesive look that still had individuality for each.

So as to make sure there were some female Menders this time around as well (did we ever see more than just Tesseract?), I put together a few ideas here. Not sure about the last one, but the first few came together pretty well, I think.

After I had those ideas established, I went ahead and updated some of the contacts we dealt with in-game already. All should be recognizable, as I kept them mostly true to form, just with a few tweaks to bring them in line with everything else I'd played with.

Curious what others will think about these, so by all means tell me if you like them, hate them, think I'm obviously a clone of Ray Charles, or whatever.  :D

Eventually I'll post another batch of stuff, either way.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »
Yeah, that last female Mender doesn't really match with the rest of the set.

The makeup and exposed skin..

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2013, 01:05:34 AM »
Mender Fabulous? :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2013, 05:36:17 AM »
OOOhhh... Now THERE is an idea! I know what this thread needs! It needs a visit from Arbiter Fabulous!  :D

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2013, 06:01:06 AM »
OOOhhh... Now THERE is an idea! I know what this thread needs! It needs a visit from Arbiter Fabulous!  :D

Why, so the thread can be locked for not having been posted to within the last 24 hours?

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2013, 07:15:57 AM »
Why, so the thread can be locked for not having been posted to within the last 24 hours?

???  Huh? Is this an in-joke I've missed somehow?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2013, 03:27:39 PM »
???  Huh? Is this an in-joke I've missed somehow?
No, it's the ruthlessly obnoxious, and decidedly not fabulous, behavior of the man in question.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
You know it's bad when the mods or admins have a go at someone. :P