Author Topic: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game  (Read 120207 times)

Tanklet

• Boss
Re: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2013, 10:03:19 PM »
 Ithyphallophobia- And .... since it's not rated PG ... I've enclosed the definition in a spoiler >.> 
Spoiler for Hidden:
Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #301 on: May 29, 2013, 03:49:53 AM »
Ok, this is a little messed up.  I am gonna directly quote the website:

Phobia List
"J" Phobias

Japanophobia: fear of Japanese.
Judeophobia: fear of Jews.
This one was invented so we could have at least one phobia entry in the "J" category.

Although I think they meant "These two", but what do I know.  Whatever, there they are.  Movin' forward.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »
 Kleptophobia- Fear of stealing.

Figured I'd break away from routine and do something more PG lol ... but I do find intrigue in this one.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2013, 12:06:56 AM »
Living where I do it's a good thing that I do not suffer from Limnophobia - fear of lakes.   :roll:
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »
Well it's pretty likely that none of the regulars in this forum section has Macrophobia - the fear of long waits.  Heehee! ;D

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »
Pass the plastic cup..I have Nelophobia! (fear of glass)
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2013, 02:03:15 AM »
STOP LOOKING at me....

/I have Ophthalmophobia... the fear of being stared at.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2013, 09:22:07 AM »
Gosh, there are so many phobias starting with the letter 'P', but oddly I don't see a listing for phobiaphobia or a phobic fear of fear.  Maybe that's listed as something else or else the list i surfed into was incomplete.   :P

Anyhow, despite my being online, you cannot prove by this that I have Papyrophobia - Fear of paper.  I mean, really?  Seriously? There are people who fear paper?  (Color me once again clueless since, no matter what it is, there probably is somebody somewhere who fears it.)   :-X

It is barely conceivable that I might have a touch of Paralipophobia - Fear of neglecting duty or responsibility but if so, I would consider that a good thing unless taken to some pathological extreme.   :roll:
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #308 on: June 16, 2013, 05:57:18 PM »
OK, we've stalled here for a bit and I think I know why.  We're on the letter Q, and I can't find any phobias that start with the letter Q. 

So, we're skipping it.

On to R:

Rhytiphobia- Fear of getting wrinkles.

There.  We're past the difficult one.  Spin on to "S" please.       8)
/em holdtorch

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #309 on: June 16, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
No, no, there's Quincysolvaphobia.. the fear of being found out by Quincy, M.E. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3pd-dNN-0&t=3s

Ok, so I totally made it up, but you know the bad guys had it.

S it is... oh, my, this is just too funny:

Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words.

I mean... honestly.  How ironically humorous is that!?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2013, 02:10:52 AM »
Triskaidekaphobia - fear of the number 13

Whew! I've been sitting on that one for... oh would you look at that... 13 days now. Huh. *bites lip* Is it getting warm in here? Ahem. *shuffles nervously*

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2013, 10:13:38 AM »
I am trying to be as evil as possible because of my Uranophobia (fear of Heaven).
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Virlouny

• Underling
« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »
Remember to say "Hi" when facing your Venustraphobia. The fear of beautiful women.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2013, 07:25:34 PM »
Walloonphobia: fear of the Walloons, who are a group of people living in South Belgium, and although I've never met any of them personally, I'm sure they are quite nice.
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #314 on: June 27, 2013, 03:57:24 AM »
Veto it if you will, but it's been slow for a while so I'm gonna suggest a topic change. I move we switch to different types of characters we've made or re-made with Icon. Not character names, but rather types.

For example, I re-made an Alien Commander who goes by the name of Doctor Gizmo. His catch phrase: "Planet conquering warlords do NOT apologize!"

That's not his real name, of course, since our backward planet has yet to produce a language civilized enough to pronounce his actual name. So he took two of the things he is most revered for throughout the galaxy... being a benevolent figure of authority that heals all he sees, and his unbounded capacity as an inventor of wondrous and powerful devices... and with those he made a name that even our savage tongues could accomodate.

Doctor Gizmo was originally intended to be something very different, a Mender that none of the other Menders liked so he was assigned to "monitor" my SG. But then one day I had an idea for an alien warlord costume, and Doc was my Beam/Time corruptor, so he's the one who got the outfit. When I took him to a Hero Dawn costume contest a short time later, I just started doing this wacky, over-the-top character, and it was a hit. I always wanted to do more with him, but that was near the end of August, so... yeah.

This particular shot was taken in my base before shutdown (and higher graphics settings make some of the pieces shiny but not all of them, so I still like this pic better), but one of the first things I did with Icon was to remake Doc and fly him around the city. He's back in his mothership now, furiously working to figure out where all the supers went, and how to restore them. After all, an empty planet is not a victory worthy of an intergalactic conqueror!

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #315 on: June 27, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »
Veto it if you will, but it's been slow for a while so I'm gonna suggest a topic change. I move we switch to different types of characters we've made or re-made with Icon. Not character names, but rather types.

No veto from me - lay on MacGuffin!  :)

It would be far too easy for me to take Brawn as my type...that's Lady Malachite in my avatar picture spot...and as soon as I figure out/remember how to upload pictures here (do I just have to have them somewhere else and post the link here?) I'll show off some of the remakes I did of her. 
/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2013, 04:44:34 AM »
Well, the only thing I'd change about any of my controllers are their costumes..lol

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #317 on: June 29, 2013, 05:39:09 AM »
Goodie, I get to mention Cerise Dawn, my only Dominator, and what a hoot she was when Dom came up.  Un.  Stoppable.  Quickly became the scrank of the group if I hit Dom, and I immediately said in chat "Dom is on, don't stop!"  Of course, not a lot would keep up with me (I had excellent end control on her, and some were... not so end concious, trading it for heavy hitting), and I would just go mowin' through things until I ran outta Dom, finish up the mob I'd already slept/mezzed, and here the rest of them show up. Hehe.

/Dom with a Mind/Psi is a beautiful thing, IMO.
//Dang I miss that one.  Well, I miss them all, but that one was just plain fun, almost frenzy like, when Dom was up.
///Got her to 50 before the Frenning of Doms, so extra cool points, right? :)

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2013, 04:41:52 PM »
I remember...There was one character, Tachyon Impulse.. Electric Melee scrapper she was, with superspeed travel powers. She was loosely based on a mix of The Flash and Synapse. -sheds a tear- I think it may have been a better build than my main character, Lady Shinori.
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »
Fiery Aura paired with Dark Melee made for an excellent soloing brute.....I named mine Dreadfyre Wraith, "From a  dimension of Darkness, but a darkness which burns, she comes..."