Author Topic: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game  (Read 121522 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »
I made a Gravity Controller named Slam Dunk. She used to be a magician's assistant, but decided to become a basketball star. Never missed a shot............muhahahahaha
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2013, 10:49:44 PM »
I had a Hunted Fugitive named Cage Match. A Street Justice / Super Reflexes Scrapper. I had wanted a tournament fighter type of character for a long time, and when SJ came along everything just fell into place.

Erin LaBraya used to be a bike courier. You know the kind; the ones that ride on the sidewalk and nearly clip you as you're getting out of your car. Yeah, those.

One day while delivering a package to a shady office in Talos, a Tsoo Sorceror teleported in front of her bike and clotheslined her, sending her roughly to the ground. He stole the package and vanished before she could even catch her breath. The company that had hired her took one look at Erin's numerous tattoos and instantly suspected her of being Tsoo herself. She managed to escape before they could subdue her, but she soon learned that she had gotten entangled with a much larger, much darker organization than she'd realized.

The ordinary life she used to have had been turned into an unsprung trap, waiting for her to return and trigger it. Erin had no choice but to go underground and train her abilities in various illegal fight clubs, until eventually she could take her life back from the thieves that had stolen it.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »
I loved Pengie, who used his Ice Control to full advantage. He was one tough little bird.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2013, 04:06:20 PM »

Judgment - Ion Partial Core Judgment - chain lightning for the win. One of the powers I picked up for Lady Shinori. 8)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:13:06 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »
I had a Kid Who Wanted to Be a Superhero When He Grew Up. I actually called him "Plucky Sidekick"... I still can't believe that name was available. (on Virtue no less)

Apart from the whole winning the super power lottery thing, it was an ordinary day for young Kenny Fleigelschmutz. He came home from school, his Mom asked him how his day was, and then suddenly a thick envelope landed on the table in front of him. It was from Crystalguard . . . Kenny had won their "Sidekick For A Day" contest!

Despite managing to spill food or soda on nearly every hero in the room, Kenny won over the attending supers and they decided to give him a position on their team. While "mascot" is never the most flattering thing to be called, at least he got to ride along in the big leagues for a while.

Of course, nobody told him just how much a little taste of glory could go to a young boy's head. No longer content on the sidelines, Kenny went to work making a costume and cut up his old Statesman halloween mask so it fit around his eyes. He got his Dad's beat-up PPD riot shield out of the garage, and practiced the new moves he'd been learning in his karate lessons. It was time to play with the big boys.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2013, 10:17:13 PM »
Leaping was so great for a lot of my characters.....especially for Hare Trigger, my dual pistol bunny.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #326 on: July 21, 2013, 04:13:04 AM »
My Dawn Sisters, the three of them, were all well versed in Mind Control.  Troller, Dom, and Troller they were.  I miss them, they were awesome and had a nice background story, I think. :)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »
Amazingly enough, I never had a proper Ninja. I did have a claws/whatever scrapper named Hard Ten that I was probably going to reroll into a ninjitsu stalker eventually. She always felt like an assassin anyway, and after the stalker revamp I was curious to see what life would be like as a living shadow of lethal killy-death. (Er... arresty-defeat?)

Originally the claws were going to be donated to a claws/bio brute, and she would've probably taken katana or dual blades. But then I heard about savage melee... after that, claws/ninjitsu stalker sounded pretty good, what with savage/bio brute being a thing.

(PS, if anyone wants to change categories, please do. I only went with this one cause at the time Icon was a hot topic and I figured it might inspire folks to join in. I seem to recall song lyrics being suggested a while back, that still sounds pretty cool.)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2013, 07:19:46 AM »
One of the things my Beam Rifle character liked was hitting Overcharge, and watching a group of baddies dance like monkey on acid!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »
I had a former Pop Singer by the name of London Rain. She was named after a song by my favorite singer, Heather Nova. Empathy defender since part of the lyrics say "nothing heals me like you do", and she used to be energy blast until water blast came along and, well, rain... water... I couldn't not. I was really hesitating to make that change for a long time though, since it had taken my lazy soloing butt forever and a month to get her just to 30. But it turned out that Water Blast was some kind of crazy killing arresting machine, because I solo-street-sweeper-ed her to 19 the first day, and back to 30 in just a couple short sessions after that. She went from "uggh, I guess I can get my Emp" to "that's right, I said Empathy, sucka!"  (It was kind of nuts, tbh, and I fully expected a nerf to be coming soon. I mean an empathy defender is not someone you think of as being capable of soloing +5 boss spawns, even with a handful of insps before the fight and another halfway through. It had to be OP... I'm not that good :P )

Anyways, because of her background as a former singer I wanted to make each of her costumes match a different music genre. She had one "super" look, because I do that, and then I made country, rock, disco, hippy, Elvis impersonator... I was still working on stuff like grunge and hiphop and whatnot.

It was a blast watching people react to being drive-by healed by a disco diva. Tigerstripe bellbottoms for the win, baby! ;D

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #330 on: August 19, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
Okay I'm getting tired of looking at this unfinished category. So check it, I'm just gonna blitz the last few entries so we can move on.

I had a Robot name o' Dual Core. He was a sonic/energy blaster. I might've rerolled him if something cooler or more appropriate came along though; he wasn't one of my favorites or anything. I wanted to play with sonic, and I wanted a robot dressed like a sheriff (won my first cc with him too! woot!). He was basically the avatar for the SG's supercomputer AI. Well, he was the second model of the avatar...

The original prototype for the avatar had been repurposed as a Synthetic Body for a human mind. One of the group members had been caught inside an AE program when the building was attacked and part of the equipment was destroyed. Basically they could not be reconstituted into physical form and were trapped inside the program. Before code degradation could set in, the group's resident techie transferred his digital consciousness into the mark one avatar.

There was just one catch; the techie was a teenage boy, so the mark one he had built was... well, it was a robot catgirl. Which did not sit well at all with the guy now trapped inside it. However, as he found out, being artificial had its advantages. For one, as Uplynx he now had the strength to lift and swing weapons bigger than he was. For another, he could move much faster than he ever could as a human.

In other words I wanted to play with Titan Weapons / SR, and when Hero Dawn hosted a "catgirl" themed cc I had an idea for a really funny character story to go with it. This guy who hated catgirls with a passion, and even hated people who liked catgirls, being forced to become one, and not having the option to go back.

Then there was the Trickshooter that ran away from the circus to join our SG. Her name was Crouch, DP/energy blaster. I was probably going to reroll her to martial combat, since that's always what she was meant to be. The only thing making me hesitate was that I had foolishly gone and spent half a billion inf on the recipe for Maelstrom's pistol... only to find out each recipe only crafted one gun. *facepalm* So then I spent another half bill on another recipe... only to find out they pretty much looked like crap. *double facepalm* So by that point she "owed me" a billion inf, and I was flip-flopping on renaming or transferring her just so the inf wasn't wasted. *sigh*

In place of the remaining letters I'll just link to a speedrun of River City Ransom, to symbolize that, after a month and a half, we've officially beaten this category to death. With a trash can.

And here, somebody please take my license to come up with categories. I'm not allowed to suggest anything until at least October. :P

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #331 on: August 20, 2013, 04:51:53 AM »
New subject, hmmmm... Poor Triplash - stuck with whatever subjects we come up with between now and October.  So, let's first take a look at all the subjects we have already had on this thread:

Bad guys in COH
Numbers
Symbols
Fruit
Veggies (we stopped at "I" on that one)
Music groups (with lyrics)
Movies
Books (with a nod to 2 hypothetical lovers and how the next book on the list would fit in)
Clothes
People
Places
Rhymes
Phobias
Character types

So...how about:

MYTHOLOGY

People, places, things, animals, gods...from any culture you choose.

Starting off with a classic:  Athena.
/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #332 on: August 20, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »
Brynhild -  A Valkyrie who angers Odin and is punished with imprisonment in a ring of fire. She is a dazzling character, with strength both of soul and body. She is the prototype for Wagner's Brunnhilde, the most famous Valkyrie in opera.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #333 on: August 21, 2013, 01:03:33 AM »
Cassandra

Blessed with perfect foresight but cursed by the Gods so that nobody would ever believe her.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »
Dionysus
Dionysus, or Bacchus, god of wine. He embodies both the good and evil effects of alcohol. At times he is a jovial partier and patron of music and art, but at other times he is the god of madness and frenzy.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2013, 01:29:55 AM »
Epimethius

Prometheus' brother who (lacking foresight), when giving special traits to all of the animals, ran out of special things by the time he got to man.

well now that explains a lot doesn't it?

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #336 on: August 26, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »
Fenrir

A monstrous wolf, apparently the son of Loki (what the ewww, dude), destined to break out of magical chains (forged from the sound of a cat's footsteps and a woman's beard, among other weird crap) during Ragnarok (aka the Zombie Apocalypse) and devour the sun (way too hungry for snausage after sleeping that long). Sounds like one badass mutt, man.

I'll tell you one thing though... history's just lucky somebody besides me named him, cause I totally would've went with Rover 9000. Just sayin'.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #337 on: August 27, 2013, 12:11:27 AM »
GORGONS

Vicious female monsters from Greek mythology with sharp fangs and hair of living, venomous snakes.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #338 on: August 27, 2013, 01:23:07 AM »
Yay!  I get the letter "H!"  I've been waiting for this one.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you some Lakota mythology and bring you the:

Heyoka

A Heyoka is a trickster spirit, a contrarian, jester, satirist or sacred clown. The Heyoka spirit speaks, moves and reacts in an opposite fashion to the people around it. It is not a spirit that people wish to meet at any time; it usually appears to people when it wishes to take something from you or cause some sort of mayhem. The Lakota people have learned to respect it enough to leave it be, avoiding it as much as possible.
/em holdtorch

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #339 on: August 27, 2013, 08:36:55 AM »
IACCHUS

Associated with the Eleusian Mysteries, he leads the celebrations bearing a torch.