Author Topic: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game  (Read 120302 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: The "I'm gonna go hunt..." Alphabet Game
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2013, 04:00:23 PM »
ROFLMAO, Triplash!!!!  Man, you have power in those magic words of yours!  I would not invoke such powerful entities without due consideration aforehand.  (Silly spellchecker, "aforehand" is too a proper word!)  Anyhow, I saw your reply and transformation of Wabasha, MN to WabaSHAM (hee hee) and now am helpless with laughter so some other Titan is gonna have to continue our journey to the letter Y.    ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »
I think I'd like to head for Yosemite Park....this lady geezer has never seen the geyser! LOL

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »
Well, I want to set our final destination as Zarathustra, the planet where Little Fuzzy was found.

OK folks...are we hunted out or do we have another quest in store??    8)

/em holdtorch

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »
OK folks...are we hunted out or do we have another quest in store??    8)

How about a different direction? Let's hunt down some Rhymes next. Use at least two rhyming words in the same sentence (but more is funner! :D ), although only one of them has to start with the current letter. Like for A you could say:

Apple-flavored Snapple makes me need to take a napple.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »
So.... something like Bonana Fanna Fo Riplash, Triplash! is okay?   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2013, 02:03:02 AM »
How about a different direction? Let's hunt down some Rhymes next.

Brilliant, Triplash!  Thanks!!

I've got C.

The Cat in the Hat saw a rat on the mat so he sat in his flat so that fat rat could chat.
/em holdtorch

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2013, 03:36:55 AM »
I'm gonna be Snug as a Bug in a Rug, which was Dug up outta the ground by a Pug, which I Hugged, even though I'd Lugged that Rug out and buried it after I spilled too many Mugs of ale on it when I Slugged them, having Tugged the ale out of a tap I had installed last summer... uh, when I go to sleep tonight.  It's a little chilly.

/...aaaand I'm spent.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2013, 12:00:48 PM »
When the edge of the hedge slammed my bike like a sledge, I flew arse over teakettle and got a mean wedge.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »
As a fine friend of mine used to say all the time, when lookin' for a rhyme; it has to fit the line.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »
Last night, while walking up the stair,

I met a GUY who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today...

Oh how I wish he'd go away!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2013, 02:21:24 AM »
Hink pink.  Or Hinkety pinkety.  Depending on how many syllables you need.

Oh.  Wait.  Y'all didn't grow up in my family, so I need to explain this weirdness, don't I?

All right - Hink Pink was one of those "traveling in the station wagon on vacation" car games that we played.  When you were It, you'd think of a rhyming two word phrase (like "stable table") and announce that you had (in this case, with 2 syllables) a "Hinky Pinky" and describe the phrase so people could guess it.  Still going with "stable table" you could say "a non-rocking breakfast surface" or something like that. 

If your phrase was something like "clown frown" then it would be a Hink Pink.  If it was "stationary stationery" (odd because we discouraged homonyms) it would be a "Hinketaly Pinketaly" and so on.

We've already covered the fact that I'm weird.  This just expounds on it.   :o
/em holdtorch

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
The ink in the sink wasn't left there by Tink; it wasn't pink, nor did it stink; yet who'd leave ink in the sink?

Hink pink.  Or Hinkety pinkety.  Depending on how many syllables you need.

Oh.  Wait.  Y'all didn't grow up in my family, so I need to explain this weirdness, don't I?

All right - Hink Pink was one of those "traveling in the station wagon on vacation" car games that we played.  When you were It, you'd think of a rhyming two word phrase (like "stable table") and announce that you had (in this case, with 2 syllables) a "Hinky Pinky" and describe the phrase so people could guess it.  Still going with "stable table" you could say "a non-rocking breakfast surface" or something like that. 

If your phrase was something like "clown frown" then it would be a Hink Pink.  If it was "stationary stationery" (odd because we discouraged homonyms) it would be a "Hinketaly Pinketaly" and so on.

We've already covered the fact that I'm weird.  This just expounds on it.   :o
Weird is one of the things I like best about people, especially those I consider my friends!  Sounds like you had a very kewl upbringing and family!!  However, I am going with Triplash's examples on how this round is played, which I believe is simply fit in as many fun rhymes as possible. The Rhyming Two Word Phrase game, maybe you could lead it when we get back to A?    8)

I wonder if Hinky Pinky could be related to Hinky Dinky (parlez-vous)?  Here's the news from Ak-Sar-Ben!  http://hinkydinky.net/hinky-dinky-history/

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2013, 11:23:05 PM »
I saw this girl, and man, she had Junk in the trunk!  It stunk, under her bunk, we needed to dunk it in cleaner to get rid of the funk and gunk, and it was heavy, it needed some hunks to lunk it around.  They were punks, but they were cool about it, even if a little emo.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #273 on: May 09, 2013, 01:26:01 AM »
Weird is one of the things I like best about people, especially those I consider my friends!

Yes! Exactly! Also, I wish I had an interesting family like some of you guys. My fam's okay and all, but every last one is a muggle. It's horrible. :-\

However, I am going with Triplash's examples on how this round is played, which I believe is simply fit in as many fun rhymes as possible.

That's not just for this game, my friend. That's practically my life philosophy.

But I know, I know, it's my turn so I'll go. We can't ride slow-mo, gotta flow till we glow. Let me grab a cup o' joe and we can tackle any foe. We don't rake in the dough, but we'll stand toe-to-toe. And when we can't throw no mo', we'll know we brought it fo' sho'.

*drops mic*  Worrrd. 8)

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #274 on: May 09, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »
When we have another hunt, I'm gonna suggest "song lyrics" because I SO wanted to put "Lolly, lolly, lolly get your adverbs here."  But there's very little rhyming in that song.  Yes, lolly DOES rhyme with lolly...but that would lead to *headdesk* moments.

So...L?

Lake flake and local beefcake Jake was on the make, so he took his grubstake to fake lake keepsakes so he could buy hoecakes and milkshakes for his mandrake, but the mistake was followed by earthquakes which brought him awake.
/em holdtorch

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #275 on: May 11, 2013, 06:44:06 AM »
Ooh yeah, song lyrics sounds like a good'un. :D

Let's see, M.    ...Does "mmmm-hmmm" count?

When there's slop in the shop, you gotta plop down the mop.
Cause if Pop steps in glop, he'll flop down on his keister.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #276 on: May 12, 2013, 01:38:08 AM »
I too agree with the song lyrics being next.  In case that matters.

---

The captain of a boat, snazzy in his coat, dotes on it while it floats, because a company vote decided they needed some goats, so someone wrote him a note, and they he now totes.

/Wanted to slip in moat, but couldn't figure it out... ah well.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2013, 01:06:22 AM »
An otter and his daughter popped out of the water,
and said "Hey buddy, is it getting hotter?
I'm really starting to teeter and totter...
I think I'll go home and watch Welcome Back Kotter!"

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »
There was a young man from PAWTUCKETT,...

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2013, 04:29:59 AM »
ROFL. 

That's indeed Quite the post you made there.
Such a polite way you decided to share.
And although it's sublime
there are more words to rhyme,
You should type them on up, if you dare.

/I'm kinda proud of myself for that.  :D
//yeah yeah, not exactly the rules, but it's just so... pretty.