Author Topic: DEMOlition demo builder  (Read 117540 times)

therain93

• Elite Boss
Re: DEMOlition demo builder
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2012, 11:07:13 PM »
I'd advise that hard returns be coded at the end of every line, otherwise it is really not that friendly for users to edit afterwards.
At least, when I just used it, it appears to be one continuous line of code.
That has not happened to me.

Are you sure that you had "word wrap" check-marked?
It's not a word wrap issue, but appears to possibly be a browser issue -- firefox appears to write out every line with a hard return, but that doesn't happen in IE -- it's all continuous, for me at least.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2012, 11:12:19 PM »
Gotcha. Other folks have had issues using IE with the DEMOlition creator. I tend to dodge hurdles like that by just not using IE :D
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 11:56:47 PM »
Might be the difference between \n and \r\n .
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »
I haven't said it yet here but wanted to make sure I did, this program is amazing and I so very much appreciate you making it and putting it up to share with the rest of us. Very easy to use.

I am an avid demo recorder and know my way around a demo but this cuts out a lot of the work involved and that makes you guys awesome!

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »
Loving this program!

Putting together demos of my characters so I can piece together group shots of team, and "group shots" of individual characters in all their various costumes.

I'm wondering.

Regarding the "Name" function.

Could you have it just fill in the name of the file used, since Sentinel uses the character name in the file name, and/or, I usually put the character name in my costume names, it would be a quick edit for the user.
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 07:19:07 AM »
What's the button to press to be able to free roam over the zone, in a demo?

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 08:23:12 AM »
What's the button to press to be able to free roam over the zone, in a demo?

F2
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
and P will pause and unpause the demoplaying
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »
Very nice!

(though currently I'm getting a 500 error if I try via IE... Chrome works, as long as I get rid of the extra line feed in the costume line...)

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 02:03:54 AM »
Hm.  Not all the locations seem to work for me.  E.g. Positioning where Ms. Liberty is or the top of City Hall is fine, but Architect Studio results in a blank blue screen, with the words "Atlas Plaza" that gradually fade out... I think* the culprit is

0 CAM POS 144.714600 10804.835938 -638.283936

when the POS is

0 33 POS -669.000000 220.000000 -669.000000

Not sure where 10804.835938 is... behind the sky or in the middle of some object?

* as in, changing this line to use a more sensible number like 220.000000 fixes it...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:42:09 AM by jamused »

Captain Redwing

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 03:42:30 AM »
I had been working on a similar program to this in PHP, but I've only gotten it working locally on my Mac's built-in web server. Mine lacks many of DEMOlition's options but has other functionality. Since I have it running locally, it's using two folders, one to look for costume files, one to write demo files to. Like this one, it will read the costume file and convert it to demo file, but it will actually create the file too. It can also run a batch of costume files, creating a separate demo file for each or one big one that creates like a slideshow of costumes.

I thought I would share the location information i've been using for my program. It's the inside of Icon (I think the one in IP) and sets the toon standing on one of those circular platforms that the Icon mannequins are usually on. It makes a nice location for cycling through several costumes.

Here is the Location and Camera info:
1 0 Version 2
0 0 Map maps/City_Zones/City_03_02/City_03_02.txt
0 0 Time 12
0 CAM POS -1638.463745 -182.343643 -2501.788818
0 CAM PYR 0.098 1.563197 -0

And the player should be set to:
0 999 POS -1649 -187.09375 -2502
0 999 PYR 0 1.583068 0
0 999 MOV READY_2HIPS

For multiple costumes, I include this between each toon (to get rid of existing and switch to next):
15000 999 DEL

If the creator of DEMOlition is reading this, please feel free to include this location option in your next update.

Celestriel

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »
Can someone please help me? i did all the steps that i could see, got as far as saving the notepad part, but dont know where to go from there. can anyone help me do the next step or steps i need to do in order to play demo or whatever?

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »
Can someone please help me? i did all the steps that i could see, got as far as saving the notepad part, but dont know where to go from there. can anyone help me do the next step or steps i need to do in order to play demo or whatever?

You saved it as .cohdemo, yes? Not as text?

Place the saved file in client_demos folder in your City of Heroes folder that has the cityofheroes.exe (I hope you still have your game installed)

Download this (it's safe, don't worry) https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0133125_936_01312410, put it somewhere extracted

Open the demo launcher.exe, click on the ... button at the end of that top line, it should find your city of heroes demo folder.
Pick your cohdemo file to open, then hit "play demo". It should launch your demo, give it a bit to load.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:23:29 PM by Arachnion »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Celestriel

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 04:32:56 AM »
OK< so i downloaded that file / link you posted and its a RAR file, and dont see the rest of whats going on with everything, Im sorry im not doing this either right or whatever, i really am tryng but idk what im doing wrong :(

Celestriel

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 04:43:43 AM »
Also, idk what i did, but the save file is opening with random programs, what is the default program to open the file with? the one you put in the coh>client_demos folder?

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:46 AM »
I was just about to come post the link to DEMOlition (I fell asleep a few minutes after posting it to the Guardian group on Facebook) but I see you've not only beat me to it, but prompted a discussion :)

Demolition is awesome. Thank you.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 07:34:53 PM »
OK< so i downloaded that file / link you posted and its a RAR file, and dont see the rest of whats going on with everything, Im sorry im not doing this either right or whatever, i really am tryng but idk what im doing wrong :(

Hello, sorry.

WinRAR is needed to open that file, I wasn't thinking about if you knew how to work those or not at the time. Sorry.

Here is a ZIP file of the demo program, which should open for you:
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0133125_936_02777486

"Extract" this is what you need on the program that comes up, either winzip or standard unzip program. Put it on your desktop.

Then follow the steps I said for you before.

Hope this helps :)

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »
Do you know exactly what registry keys Demo Launcher is looking for?  I can't get this to work on my Win7 machine, but I don't see any registry keys for NCSoft or City of Heroes, either...

I can launch demos by going to the coh dir and executy cityofheroes -demoplay demoname, so it's not a huge deal, but the launcher sounds convenient....

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »
Do you know exactly what registry keys Demo Launcher is looking for?  I can't get this to work on my Win7 machine, but I don't see any registry keys for NCSoft or City of Heroes, either...

I can launch demos by going to the coh dir and executy cityofheroes -demoplay demoname, so it's not a huge deal, but the launcher sounds convenient....

If you don't have *any* keys for NC Soft or CoH that might be the problem..

If you want, I could go look up my keys for the launcher though.

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2013, 09:27:42 PM »
Yeah, none at all (I wiped the client after the shut-down, then later reinstalled from a backup, instead of using the installer, when I found out about  Icon and -demoplay)...