Author Topic: DEMOlition demo builder  (Read 117548 times)

wei yau

• Boss
Re: DEMOlition demo builder
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 02:09:42 AM »
I never had reason to learn demo editing until now.  And thankfully, I can enjoy City of Heroes in a way that I never did before.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 03:16:19 AM »
That's awesome :D

Also... I added weapons!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:44:58 AM by corvus1970 »
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Septipheran

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 06:01:51 AM »
I'm wondering if someone can help me with this. I downloaded a couple of demo launchers, CoX Demo Launcher and COH Demo Launcher 2, and I'm having the same issue with both. Whenever I try to play the file I just made with Demolition I get a popup error that says "Could not find City of Heroes!"

I've tried putting copies of both programs in my beta and standard COH folders, each containing a cityofheroes.exe. I'm wondering if the programs are looking in the wrong place for some reason? My file paths are C:/Program Files (x86)>NCSoft>City of Heroes and C:/Program Files (x86)>NCSoft>Cohbeta

Any help would be appreciated.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 06:20:23 AM »
Between this project and Codewalker's costume creator unlocky-app, I am sort of picturing a more-static version of Garry's Mod coming into existence if all the apps out there are combined and refined.

Makes me wonder if we could expect motion-comic videos, or even mods based on the CoH engine.  The character creator is so flexible and there's so much content in the game...
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »
I'm wondering if someone can help me with this. I downloaded a couple of demo launchers, CoX Demo Launcher and COH Demo Launcher 2, and I'm having the same issue with both. Whenever I try to play the file I just made with Demolition I get a popup error that says "Could not find City of Heroes!"

I've tried putting copies of both programs in my beta and standard COH folders, each containing a cityofheroes.exe. I'm wondering if the programs are looking in the wrong place for some reason? My file paths are C:/Program Files (x86)>NCSoft>City of Heroes and C:/Program Files (x86)>NCSoft>Cohbeta

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using the demo launcher from a different drive altogether. It is an application in which you load your .cohdemo files. You can't run the demofiles themselves.
Is taht helping?
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
CoXDemoLauncher should open a console window with the messages "City of Heroes not in current directory. Searching via system registry..." and then "City of Heroes not found. Please place this program in the same directory as cityofheroes.exe". Is that what you are getting?

I've tried putting copies of both programs in my beta and standard COH folders, each containing a cityofheroes.exe. I'm wondering if the programs are looking in the wrong place for some reason?
Possible.
Some of the paths are stored in system registry Please open "Run" from Start Menu, then enter regedit. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NCsoft . Does it exist? If so, what keys are inside it?
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »
Same problem here. I've got the EU client.

I followed each step but when I double-click on the CohDemoLauncher2 it says :

"Could not find City of Heroes! If you normally run City of Heroes as an administrator, make sure you run this program as administrator, too."

From the beginning I launch it with admin rights.

I'm on W7 32bits.

My CoH directory is : V:\Program Files\City of Heroes

My .cohdemo files are in : V:\Program Files\City of Heroes\client_demos

And the demolauncher is in my download folder.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
First thing to try: put it in City of Heroes directory.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
Same issue.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »
Try the following: My CoH directory is : In the top of your demobuilder window you see three radiobuttons: Standard Game, Test Version and special.
Choose special and direct to your COH directory: V:\Program Files\City of Heroes.
Then load you demofile that should be under client_demos as a subdirectory in your City of Heroes folder.

Good Luck!

Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »
If "demo builder" = demo launcher, I repeat that I can't launch it.

But thank you :)

Edit : an other .cohdemo file (record of my base) works fine (without running demolauncher).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:36:56 PM by John Phaser »

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
That is a Windows 7 permission rights problem in general, John.

I believe it has to do with UAC, not sure however.

I'm sure if you google "windows 7 admin rights problem" or "windows 7 uac problem", you could figure it out.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »
That is a Windows 7 permission rights problem in general, John.

I believe it has to do with UAC, not sure however.

I'm sure if you google "windows 7 admin rights problem" or "windows 7 uac problem", you could figure it out.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Windows Key + R > type "msconfig" no quotes > Press OK> Open "Tools" tab > Double-click "Change UAC Settings" > Make settings less anal (or if you're a gambling man, turn it off entirely) > Reboot > Try again.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

John Phaser

• Minion
    • CoH Veterans (FR)
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »
I desactivated my UAC several years ago :)

I'm asking google...

Thanks !

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
You may find, unfortunately, that your demo file is corrupt or missing some vital string (or, maybe/hopefully something easy like a missing } somewhere), if other demofiles are running without issue.

Maybe post the file contents in a quote box and someone smarter than me could parse it real quick to see if something's gone awry with it.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »
You may find, unfortunately, that your demo file is corrupt or missing some vital string (or, maybe/hopefully something easy like a missing } somewhere), if other demofiles are running without issue.

Maybe post the file contents in a quote box and someone smarter than me could parse it real quick to see if something's gone awry with it.

I think he's saying he can't run/launch/open the demo launcher program itself, not any demos.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

majordeej

• Minion
    • Major Deej Universe
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 11:35:50 PM »
I'm having a small issue with the DEMOlition demo builder.

Thus far, I've had no problem being able to show standard male figures in costume using .cohdemo files made (they pose right, camera rotates correctly, background/zone is great, character is there in full costume looking awesome), but when I use the exact same process in the builder for large or female characters, the builder will run with all the right rotations, positions and backgrounds but the female or large character is instead a default green/black generic figure, no costume, face, skin...just the same type of green default you'd get in the costume creator. 

I know that each of the costumes I saved for the females and larges work, since I was able to load them onto the recent unlocked Character Creator (ICON), so I'm not sure what is going wrong.

I've never asked for help in all my years of CoH, and I've exhausted my brain cells on how to fix this. 

Any help would be highly appreciated, folks.
Creator of Major Deej Universe
http://majordeejuniverse.com
Home of Major Deej Comics and characters!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »
I ran into that yesterday, and I found out what the issue was:

The costume line should be continuous, with no breaks.

In this example, there's a line-break between the beginning of the line and the data that follows it. You may notice something similar. If you correct that, it should work.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 10:48:36 PM »
I'd advise that hard returns be coded at the end of every line, otherwise it is really not that friendly for users to edit afterwards.
At least, when I just used it, it appears to be one continuous line of code.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
That has not happened to me.

Are you sure that you had "word wrap" check-marked?
... ^o^CORVUS^o^