Author Topic: Age Group (POLL RESTARTED 12/9 - PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!)  (Read 23286 times)

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
Re: Age Group
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 02:36:18 AM »
Level cap is still 50, folks.

Once you hit that number, all you earn is influence. ;)

KyleJCrb

• Underling
  • @Dixileta
    • KNGI Video Game Music Podcasts
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 03:13:13 AM »
26. Feel like I'm capped at 50 though, except with no inf to show for it. So not too different than the game itself, really.

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 03:17:40 AM »
45 here. I'd wondered about this, since pretty much everyone I knew in game was married, and a lot had kids as well. My youngest used to love the travel powers, and I'd set her loose in a mid-level zone with a level 50 fire/kin con and a pack of monkeys. The night before the last day, my wife mentioned that I'd be busy with the game because it was closing (something I'd intentionally kept from my eight year old). She asked me why, which made me a little misty. Damned if I know...

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 03:21:51 AM »
Kyle, hey! Moggie here. Glad to see you survived the end. (Not the Moggie from the game guys, relax. Kyle and I go back, Moggie used to be my forum name where we'd met.)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 03:30:52 AM »
25 in my head, but 45 on this earth, which is the only one the officials want me to say. :p

Only 5 more levels to go until I go get my Alpha slot! :D

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42:16 AM »
Level cap is still 50, folks.

Once you hit that number, all you earn is influence. ;)

Really? 'Cause I could use some influence... /e panhandle

KyleJCrb

• Underling
  • @Dixileta
    • KNGI Video Game Music Podcasts
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 05:24:07 AM »
Kyle, hey! Moggie here. Glad to see you survived the end. (Not the Moggie from the game guys, relax. Kyle and I go back, Moggie used to be my forum name where we'd met.)

Holy crap, I didn't even know you were still connected to this game! Awesome. Good to see you, man. :)

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:29 AM »
Always and forever. :)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 08:52:10 AM »
Perfidus?? Are you THIS Moggie???

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 08:55:19 AM »
I have underwear older than most of you....when I was a girl, the Dead Sea was only sick.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
Hehe, I just said I wasn't that Moggie.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 09:09:21 AM »
This group makes me feel less like an old fogey than usual - a little less "get off my lawn" and a little more "I should get a red convertible, or maybe a motorcycle!"...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
I just got an rv

Samuel Tow

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »
I voted but forgot to post. 28 here. I spent a good third of my life with City of Heroes.
Of all the things I've lost,
I think I miss my mind the most.

Wingnaut

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
49 here...yup, I will hit the big lvl cap in June. I look back on my years and am so thankful for all the things I've had a chance to do and see, and I honestly don't feel much diffrent from when I was 30, just a few aches and pains in the morning. But heck...I had those back then too, and I just chalk those up to living a very active lifestyle. The thing that I have enjoyed the most however, by far, is having come to this great CoH community 6 1/2 yrs ago and getting to know all the fantastic people here through their posts.

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »
Not too many in the younger age range... and I think I know why. NCSOFT never allowed a proper budget to advertise.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
Not too many in the younger age range... and I think I know why. NCSOFT never allowed a proper budget to advertise.

I'm amazed that Under 18 shows 0%.  There were plenty of players who were under age 18, some of them in the Super Groups I belonged to.  I'm inferring that either they are not participating on these forums, or else do not wish to say they're under 18. 
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
45; same as my twin.  Odd coincidence.

I don't know man, sounds fishy. I think one of you might just be copycatting.

Not too many in the younger age range...

I get the feeling there were plenty of whippersnappers playing the game itself, they just didn't come here after. You don't value the same things at 15 as you do at 30 or 50. I know that's not an age where I felt anything was important enough to fight for.

Tivomaniac

• Minion
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2012, 03:09:26 PM »
Ya no one under 18 is surprising.  I know those under 18 that I met on the game were a really great bunch of kids.  It gave one hope for the future.  Been playing a bit on Champions and wow about 1/6 of the chatter is obviously from kiddies who enjoy bashing everyone and everything.  Makes me miss CoH even more (as if that's possible).
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

Sapphire Jane

• Underling
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »
It looks as though you may need to add more categories.. 45-50, 51-55, 56-60, etc.  Seems to be a lot in those categories.

I just turned 57 in November.. 5 days before shutdown.  We did our last weekly Blueside and Redside CoPs on Virtue on my birthday. :'(
"I try to forget the night that you left.  It's all so unreal with you gone." Journey