Author Topic: Age Group (POLL RESTARTED 12/9 - PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!)  (Read 23418 times)

Optimus Dex

• Boss
Re: Age Group (POLL RESTARTED 12/9 - PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!)
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2013, 05:16:49 AM »
Darn you, retributive ancient ones!

I kid.

As long as you don't make me mow the lawn.

You younguns have it so easy, why I had to walk to school uphill both ways and the magna was still coolng.

Madadh

• Minion
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2013, 05:31:36 AM »
I think you (and many other fine folks of lesser years) provide a perfect bit of proof of why I loved CoH so much.  Many MMOs, seem, somehow, to be designed such that they encourage everyone, even proud AARPers, to act like squabbling kids.  CoH seemed somehow to encourage even the youngest fans to act heroic, empathetic, self-sacrificing, and mature... 

Perhaps it just appealed to folks of that personality to begin with, or maybe it encouraged it.  Either way, I've yet to find a game that fosters that same attitude..  Of course, my search so far isn't exhaustive, but.....

I'm 16.

I usually prefer to keep my age hidden in any kind of online interactions outside of social media, since I normally expect others to immediately deem me immature, or not someone to be taken seriously.

However, from what I have read, you all seem like mature adults, so I'll go ahead and share.

I loved CoH just as much as any of you did. I even have quite a history in the game. I started playing back in i7. Yes, that young. It was pretty interesting toy to play with back then, as I had little experience with MMOs. Actually, no experience with MMOs. Thankfully my parents didn't actually realize it was ~gasp~ an online game, as they probably would have prevented me from ever playing it.

I'm excited to see where this project is heading, because I really have been missing the game. It was my backbone game, my go-to game, when other games didn't seem so appealing, or I needed something casual to play during the swim season.

So yes, not everyone who visits the forum or played the game is someone of advanced age. Us young'uns play as well.

Madadh

• Minion
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2013, 05:36:13 AM »
On a separate note, perhaps the fact that I felt sorta like a youngster is/was part of the appeal of this game.  I was often on the  youthful side of the bell curve, yet, as a 7 year vet, could pull out all the old 'old and wise'  comments as far as things in-game were concerned..   

Now I have to go back to being old and dumb in some other game, and that's not all that appealing...

Madadh

• Minion
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2013, 05:37:21 AM »
I HATE lawn care, but would so do some to get to play with a mower like that.....  Assuming you also supplied the ammo......

You sure? It's real easy like. We even got us one of them fancy sit-down mowers.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:02 AM »
However, from what I have read, you all seem like mature adults, so I'll go ahead and share.

I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: Age Group
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2013, 01:22:19 AM »
I have a feeling that the poll will be skewed a bit high because the young folk wouldn't have come here, they are likely already off playing another game and not commiserating here.

I'm 50 BTW.
Agreed.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:52 AM »
Yeah, most everyone I know in my age group moved on. Even the ones who were initially as miserable as me.

27, for reference.