Author Topic: An article written with PURE AWESOME!  (Read 42055 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: An article written with PURE AWESOME!
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2012, 09:53:08 AM »
That is the kind of media exposure I've been talking about.

That is how an article can get the point across without coming off as pure "hate ncsoft" campaign.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
Just a little bit of an update. I had an email from 'Joe' who wrote the article in the Korean Times - he said as well as online, the article appeared in the print version of their newspaper.

I'm currently trying to chat up the other Korean English-language newspaper journalists, linking them to the article in the Korean Times. So far, no joy, but I'm nothing if not annoyingly tenacious at times ;)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
Just a little bit of an update. I had an email from 'Joe' who wrote the article in the Korean Times - he said as well as online, the article appeared in the print version of their newspaper.

I'm currently trying to chat up the other Korean English-language newspaper journalists, linking them to the article in the Korean Times. So far, no joy, but I'm nothing if not annoyingly tenacious at times ;)
You go, Rae!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »
Unfortunately, if everything goes well for us, the most optimistic figure I would estimate for us getting CoH back would be at least a year from now.

I can wait a year! (or more) I love this game that much!

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »

Man, I don't suppose there's any way we could get some copies of that edition of the paper?  I wonder how much it would cost to get Joe or someone to box up five or ten copies and ship 'em over?

And thanks a TON for following through on this.  I cannot emphasize how important this was.  NCsoft has had a very bad week this week with a HUGE 1-2-3 punch:

1) Front page article on the home page in the business section of a local site right there in NCsoft's back yard,
2) News of layoffs in Seattle hits the press, and
3) NCsoft stock price, already down around 52-week lows, falls off a cliff around 10% in three days.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
I'll ask him very nicely if he has it in pdf format, I know that's how my paper archives stuff :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Surelle

« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
Man, I don't suppose there's any way we could get some copies of that edition of the paper?  I wonder how much it would cost to get Joe or someone to box up five or ten copies and ship 'em over?

And thanks a TON for following through on this.  I cannot emphasize how important this was.  NCsoft has had a very bad week this week with a HUGE 1-2-3 punch:

1) Front page article on the home page in the business section of a local site right there in NCsoft's back yard,
2) News of layoffs in Seattle hits the press, and
3) NCsoft stock price, already down around 52-week lows, falls off a cliff around 10% in three days.

Tony, is there any chance that some of the original Titan backers who made an offer to buy CoH would try again now that NCSoft has apparently had a change of heart?  Or would Brian Clayton and his backers try again?  Timing is everything in a sale as they say.

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2012, 04:40:42 AM »
To quote the Illuminati in TSW: "In this world it is either DO or GET DONE and we are not DONE!"

After burying my head in the sand the last couple of days - actually 'hearing' the servers die one by one on the live stream and then staring at an empty screen made me crawl into a shell afterwards - I came back here for some hope and to get involved again. And you guys come through yet again!

This is amazing news - for the good guys (read: Community) at least! *g*

Seems like the bastards did not kill our home as sucessfully as they thought ...

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:48:07 AM by zoser »

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2012, 01:06:41 AM »
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2012, 09:43:48 AM »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #210 on: December 23, 2012, 05:51:23 AM »
i think the coh community was better on the forums than any other community, it only deteriorated in the months before the actual closure date since there was essentially no moderation, and everyone was very angry with ncsoft so high tempers with little moderation = total meltdown

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
i think the coh community was better on the forums than any other community, it only deteriorated in the months before the actual closure date since there was essentially no moderation, and everyone was very angry with ncsoft so high tempers with little moderation = total meltdown

Not to mention that Obvious Unicorns were Obvious and escaped from under their bridges.

Before the shutdown notice, the moderation of the boards kept unicorning to a minimum. (I know you already said that. But, I thought it needed repeating.)

And that is so weird to type...
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms