Author Topic: An article written with PURE AWESOME!  (Read 42188 times)

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
Re: An article written with PURE AWESOME!
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2012, 02:16:30 AM »
Huh, really? I thought it rotated at the same speed it revolved. That means it's not actually tide-locked, which is...odd...considering how close it is to that gravitational body.

Actually, compared to some of the exo planets we have been finding, Mercury is a very distant object.  :o

Mercury is in a 3:2 sync lock. Finding out Merucry wasn't a 1:1 lock was a sad day but knowing that there is polar ice there still gives hope for something there.  8)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2012, 02:53:03 AM »
And BOOM!

MMORPG.COM!!!!!

"The efforts of the City of Heroes players have been spreading throughout the Internet. Celebrities such as actor Sean Astin, actress Tara Platt, authors Neil Gaiman, Mercedes Lackey, John C. Wright, Laurell K. Hamilton, and web comic artist and illustrator John Kovalic"
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2012, 02:55:06 AM »
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2012, 03:00:10 AM »
Russians make their Korean look funny.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2012, 03:02:11 AM »
#SaveCoH, worldwide!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2012, 04:12:52 AM »
City of Heroes, meet World of Heroes.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2012, 04:15:49 AM »
Yes, According to various sources it is traveling all around the net.
BTW TonyV

Get back to me on that Message I sent you so I can ask you whether or not I can start up and run the Titan network Facebook.
I do run one for a small game store in GP Oregon so I have experience with doing things like that.

Arkasas

• Lieutenant
  • Ord of the West
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2012, 04:16:36 AM »
I now have a physical copy of the article.

The old CoH background looks really nice in print. Seriously.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2012, 04:17:52 AM »
City of Heroes, meet World of Heroes.

I always thought if we got a sequel, that's exactly what it'd be called.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2012, 04:24:53 AM »

Lady Luck

• Minion
  • Formerly of the Victory server
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2012, 04:25:07 AM »
This lady Mercedes' Lackeys Deserves a special task force mission with her favorite character giving it. and this should be permanent

I would love that!
I never got to play her AE arc with my favorite character (Diana Tregarde) as the contact!
I found the crappy town where I'm the hero!
But then NCSoft took it away :(

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2012, 04:50:41 AM »
I hate to sound cynical, but the guy's note that "nothing had been decided about selling the game afterwards. . . ."

That does not automatically imply that they are considering selling anything at all as some are reading it, sadly.  :(

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2012, 04:54:01 AM »
i think ncsoft is reconsidering how they do a lot of things considering their stock has dropped about 9% in the last day or so and its dropped about 50% since the closure announcement and first unity rally

the massive amount of public negativity and losing investor confidence is finally starting to hit them where it hurts

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »
I hate to sound cynical, but the guy's note that "nothing had been decided about selling the game afterwards. . . ."

That does not automatically imply that they are considering selling anything at all as some are reading it, sadly.  :(

No, it doesn't. You're absolutely right about that. But it clearly goes against what we were previously told, that being that "all options had been exhausted."

So either we were lied to, or they're changing their mind.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »
No, it doesn't. You're absolutely right about that. But it clearly goes against what we were previously told, that being that "all options had been exhausted."

So either we were lied to, or they're changing their mind.

also very possible its a combination of both

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2012, 06:20:06 AM »
That's a good point as well. They lied to us originally, and now, after all we've caused... they're finally second guessing it.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »
Well, we heard from multiple sources saying that they believed NCSoft would be open to selling after the actual shutdown.
So, that idea is not entirely a surprise, nor being based entirely on this statement.
As other have pointed out though, this most recent statement is different than the last statement we received about how they had "exhausted all options".
Regardless of how we interpret it... how others interpret it and how NCSoft's people follow it up are what matters.
Us pointing to it and bringing it up everywhere and continuing to suggest that they sell it is a good idea, no matter what. ;)
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34:17 AM »
I could easily interpret, "...nothing had been decided about selling the game afterwards..." as speaking of the past, when they made the decision to take the "strategy" of shutting CoH down and before they "exhausted" all other options.

I honestly don't think that this is the true meaning... but the "had" (past tense) in their statement does leave that as a possibility.

Regardless, even if it is a slip-up in their game of corporate-speak... it is a slip-up. And we'll play that game if we have to.
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »
That's a good point as well. They lied to us originally, and now, after all we've caused... they're finally second guessing it.
It's either that or they're trying to save face.  Either way, this is the biggest blink we've seen.  And we know that because, like you said, they have directly contradicted themselves.  Still good news, even if it's not the best news possible.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
I'll take a blink over a steely, unblinking gaze, any day.