Author Topic: An article written with PURE AWESOME!  (Read 42234 times)

Mentalshock

• Boss
Re: An article written with PURE AWESOME!
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
I'd prefer 'Poetic Justice'

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:27 AM »
This rocks!  And great job, Mercedes!

Anyone know if there's a Korean-language equivalent from the same publisher such that it might get further notice in Korean itself?

In my experience, if one newspaper in a locality picks up on a story, their competitors follow suit.  I'm hoping that holds true in the Korean press :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2012, 12:59:25 AM »
If we get our game back, will anyone make a charcter called "Baffled Analyst"? :P

Undoubtedly.  Though I'd make a Super-Strength/Willpower brute called 'Underestimated Resolve'.

And I'd petition for a new villain group loosely based on NCsoft. 

I suspect that they'd become the new 'Council' in no time at all.   ;)

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that this article isn't what VV would consider her 'nuclear option?'
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that this article isn't what VV would consider her 'nuclear option?'

Because VV is a smart, creative, and terrifying woman when she chooses to be, and we all love her dearly for it? >.>

No, when VV goes nuclear, I expect we'll see the blast all the way from Mercury.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2012, 01:09:14 AM »
Because VV is a smart, creative, and terrifying woman when she chooses to be, and we all love her dearly for it? >.>

No, when VV goes nuclear, I expect we'll see the blast all the way from Mercury.

This is a woman who could honestly consider World Domination as a secondary career path.    If she does, I'm on board.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2012, 01:13:18 AM »
If we get our game back, will anyone make a charcter called "Baffled Analyst"? :P

I would probably make one called "The Little Guy". He'd probably be a Scrapper of some sort loaded with Wakies. He just won't stay down. :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2012, 01:17:55 AM »

That'd be that thing she mentioned with a bunch of balloons tied to a lawn chair.

Nobody'd see that coming. 8)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »

You live on Mercury?   ???  That lag is probably killer.

Quanta

• Underling
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
Man that article is a full on, no holds barred, punch to the NCSoft parts!!  Now drop the IP and back away slowly!   ;)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2012, 01:28:47 AM »

You have no idea. :P
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2012, 01:35:21 AM »
Well way to go VV!

Oh I bought one of your books. Sorry I am not a big reader and I dont "think" I heard your name until recently but yeah.

Basically some of what I read there like it being unethical to stop making something your making profit on is what I agree with completely.
I guess in a way its a more simple and smarter way of saying what I was thinking lol.

Actually I am gonna do a test. I am gonna Ask Nintendo and demand for a supervisor to answer this question...a hypothetical and they have always answered me back because Nintendo is cool.

Hypothetical - I will be posting the answer back here to see.

Let's say you had a game where its "online" You created this game Eight years ago and to this day you are making steady revenue and a good amount of profit from keeping the game going and even though you are paying the development team to keep making new updates for the game and after all of the other costs. As I said you are still making a considerable amount of money from this game.
Do you think it would be unethical to shut the game down and fire your entire development team without warning and without stating your exact reasons to the public or your dev team?

Gonna go ahead and ask them that....see what they say lol.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:40:46 AM by Vasarto »

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2012, 01:37:16 AM »

With whatever cooling unit Drake's is using, I could overclock my PC by about 3500%

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »
With whatever cooling unit Drake's is using, I could overclock my PC by about 3500%

I live on the dark side. With the frozen water. And the organic materials. <.<

* DrakeGrimm noms organic materials

Quite tasty with ketchup.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2012, 01:46:18 AM »
This is how I'm feeling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBHWHgFKiw4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lyrics:

Not Dead Yet

Well, I was born too late to be a Rolling Stone I don't know Jerry Lee, I never met John and Yoko Standin' with a strat, I'm rock n' roll's bastard son Go out, get drunk, get wild, have fun

I don't got a million dollars, don't drive a Cadillac Give me half a chance 'cause I'm not dead yet

I'm not dead yet, oh no, I'm not dead yet I'm a mad dog fighting with the wall against my back You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet

I've been machine-gunned, handgunned, hijacked, left for dead Dive-bombed, napalmed, nuclear warheaded Dropped from a jet plane with no parachute Which shot by a firing squad and raped by a business suit

I'm dancin' on a land mine, baby, one leg left And I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet

I'm not dead yet, oh no, I'm not dead yet I'm a mad dog fighting with the wall against my back You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet

Well you're bigger, tougher, meaner, rougher Dirtier and uglier and sneakier and trickier You wanna shoot me with a gun, cut me with a knife Take your bare hands baby, rip out my eyes

You knocked me to the floor then you bit me in the neck, well Hit me again 'cause I'm not dead yet

I'm not dead yet, no no I'm not dead yet Well I'm a wild card hidin' in the middle of the deck You better get a bigger gun, you better get a bigger gun

Well there's a mugger in the alley, there's a sniper in the hall There's a girl at the bar who wants to get me by my balls And the hangman is hangin', if I autograph the noose Lee Harvey Oswald's brother's on the loose

Mafia hit man with a bullet for my neck Some day he's gonna get me but I'm not dead yet

I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet Well I'm a wild card hidin' in the middle of the deck You better get a bigger gun, you better get your poison pen

I'm not dead yet, not me, I'm not dead yet Well, I'm a mad dog fighting with the wall against my back You better get a bigger gun, go, go, go

I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet

Well, I'm a mad dog fighting with the wall against my back You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet

I am not dead yet and will continue the fight!

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:54 AM »

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2012, 02:11:54 AM »
* DrakeGrimm watches the COH community take blow, after blow, after blow, then rise before their vaunted foe NCSoft, smirking with blood flecked lips.

"...that all you got? My turn."

KA-POW!

Yes, time to hit Build Up!
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 04:04:44 AM »
NCSoft, you made a powerful enemy.

Hope it was worth it, cause now this on your front door.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 04:13:14 AM »

I was led to believe the dark side had cookies, not ketchup. False advertising.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 04:23:34 AM »
Thanks. Could not have done this without you guys.  Could not still continue to do this without you guys.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido