Author Topic: Funniest Thing you ever saw on CoX  (Read 23732 times)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
Re: Funniest Thing you ever saw on CoX
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »
Cirque de Tsooleil.   ;D

*facepalm*
*tries not to laugh*
*fails*

... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
And these lunatics decided to pull Kronos to a burning building just because of something I said, and let it get blown up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTAcSMg6gp0

That is hysterical.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 06:42:29 PM »
I liked Skull and Hellion 'idle chatter' the most.

"When are you gonna finish breaking into the car?"

But to me the funniest thing I ever saw was, and you had to hunt him down, the King of Skulls.  He was in King's Row, hiding behind one of the buildings, usually between one of the long ones and the War Wall along the side that connected to Skyway.  A Skull that actually got away with a purse.  He was there, clutching it tightly, looking around in complete paranoia and muttering "I can't believe I got away with it."  Poor bastich was so surprised about getting the purse I never saw him actually look inside.

That would go along with the occasional snatch of conversation you'd run into that went something like "No, I'm telling you, he _got_ the purse!"

Although I still think the funniest deliberate line in the game is from the 'Find source of Freaks' weapons' mission:

"I assure you, my good man, Nemesis is most certainly 'down with the street'. Word up, my homey, as it were."

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »
Some of the npc talk made me laugh  so hard...

[NPC] Freakshow Student: D00d, thanks for the save. I happen to like my face and having it torn off would suck.

[NPC] Short Fang: So he says to Ghost Widow, 'No, go screw yourself.' She just fixes him with this cold glare and puts her hand through his chest. Loser died. No teleporter, no nothin'. Spookiest thing I ever saw...

[NPC] Luddite Friar: Well, science has invoked many ills upon society...
[NPC] Luddite Brawler: Does this mean I have to throw away my PSP?

[NPC] Ben: I'm hoping they come up with a Healix action figure! She deserves it!

There was also a Family thug saying to a victim something like, "You wrote a check and now your face is going to pay!"
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »
Oh yes, NPC talk is great.

Longbow Nullifier: "This is new base is great.  It's impregnable, even to villains like..."
*I drop in*
Longbow Nullifier: "Kaiser Tarantula!"

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
Second funniest thing was not a single instance but a whole mission.

Redside. I'm on a low level SS/Invulnerable Brute.

I go in the mission ... and there's no one there.

I walk through the entire mission without encountering a single baddie. Get to the hostage who's cowering from ... nothing.

I click on him and he follows me out.

No ambush. Nothing.

Leave the mission without encountering a single enemy.

It's like they knew I was coming and decided to skip the beating for once! :D

Wingnaut

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
Laughter really IS the best medecine. Thanks so much guys. This has been the first time I've REALLY laughed since December 1st.  ;D

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »
They probably saw your 'Let me at 'em!!!  Let me at 'em!!! posturing..and they feared you
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Eden Trial. Virtue, The Dawn Enterprises Coalition (The Dawn Academy, Fennec Enterprises, Paragon Gris Gris)

I shall never forget it.

We were in the last room, full of DE Crystals.  One player on Kyria Shirako (Fire/Shield Scrapper) and one on Xarthax the Destroyer (Electric/Fire Scrapper) forged ahead of the group.  In a hilarious display of true scrapper power...  Shield Charge + Lightning Rod into masses of DE.  They would *shatter* hordes of them! I was laughing so hard as they cleared the room I couldn't move my character to help mop up. Little itty bitty pieces of DE exploding out and raining down.

Dammit.  I want my City back. :'(

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
8 year vet.  On November 29--the day before the end--I got turned around tried to enter the Tram through the exit...again!  I couldn't stop laughing.  Gah!!!    :o

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »

And these lunatics decided to pull Kronos to a burning building just because of something I said, and let it get blown up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTAcSMg6gp0

Were you involved in the Kronos v Babbage deathmatch with the 30 or 40 confusers ?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »
Were you involved in the Kronos v Babbage deathmatch with the 30 or 40 confusers ?

Sorry, can't blame that specific bit of lunacy on me.

HugoLuman

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 01:15:13 AM »
What, someone did the Synapse thing and the other TF at once? Then controllerated them when they ambushed? Damn, I'd have PAID to see that!

Slightly less impressively, me and a frost tank once baited Paladin all over King's Row, culminating in the thing winding up on the hospital roof before it jumped off and was droned to death.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2012, 01:20:35 AM »
Heh! That sounds pretty damned hilarious.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2012, 02:35:20 AM »
What, someone did the Synapse thing and the other TF at once? Then controllerated them when they ambushed? Damn, I'd have PAID to see that!

The other one isn't a TF; it's just one particular mission where the mission holder automatically gets a Kronos Titan ambush wherever they are when the mission is exited, so you can tailor where the Kronos spawns by having the mission holder move to where you want the ambush to occur before the mission completes, then you just have someone in the mission exit and *BAM*. I did something like that once, where I did the pre-ambush mission solo, invited a friend to team, then passed them the star so they could fill out the team (this was pre-league) before I exited, so we could all get the badge.

Slightly less impressively, me and a frost tank once baited Paladin all over King's Row, culminating in the thing winding up on the hospital roof before it jumped off and was droned to death.

I would periodically get bored with seeing three Paladins down in the hollow behind the building where the KR mayhem/safeguard bank was, and learned how to aggro one at a time with a Blaster and drag them up to the drones at the tunnel to Galaxy City without getting killed in the process so that the Paladin spawn event could reset.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 03:27:49 AM »
During the last month, in a couple of the Lambda runs I was with, the big GM robot that's supposed to be on guard duty inside the facility wasn't at his post.  Both times, we found him in the little break room.  ???  With his back to the door, no less!  The slacker.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 04:39:07 AM »
I really hope there's a screenshot of that somewhere (or even better, a demorecord too).  I would Rikit roll everyone and just laugh at their response,even if they didn't get it. ( ' : <

That would be awesome!!!
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

Rienuaa

• Minion
  • Lord Omi - Virtue
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2012, 05:06:15 AM »
Not mine... but the most classic CoH joke I know.

So I'm running around Atlas when I spy a level 50 plant controller just walking around with her Venus Fly Trap. I stop next to her, and she turns to look at me.

Me: Hey, do you have group fly?

Her: No... why?

Me: 'Cause you're lookin' like a fool with your plants on the ground!

Her: ...

She put me on Ignore.

HugoLuman

• Minion
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
That mission arc in Talos where there's 2 different dupes of you running around. Especially since I played it with my Victorian Praetorian Dapper Scrapper.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »
Yeah, I had a couple of toons that looked really cool, but the "color negative" version was kind of comical to look at, too.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."