Author Topic: Funniest Thing you ever saw on CoX  (Read 23700 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Funniest Thing you ever saw on CoX
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »
Female toon
Chinese hat
Belly T
Daisy Dukes

Name: Peggy Tsoo
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »
But "find silly screenshots of stupid stuff?"  Yeah, I'm digging out the transfer cables.

It's important to have your priorities straight. Good call! ;D

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
Simpsons AE farm with Bart, Homer, Lisa, Smithers, Mr. Burns, Groundskeeper Willie and Dr. Nick.

Somebody did an AE farm where all the characters were Britney Spears stage personas. The funniest thing that ever happened to me on that was that they were all bosses, and I invited a friend on to see it because it was actually a fun challenge. He didn't spot they were all bosses, herded them on his tank and faceplanted almost immediately and to him extremely unexpectedly.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
Our SG was running the LGTF one night and since most of us could run it in our sleep, we decided to have some fun. ALL dialogue was done as "Rikti"-fied movie quotes, based on what we were doing at the time.

<about a screen's worth fo sheer awesome>

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
WHY COULD I NEVER FIND PEOPLE LIKE THIS WHEN I PLAYED COH WITH OTHERS, FFS?!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »
in Atlas Park, circa 2005, a group of NPCs gathered on the stairs and started to riot.  They then took off down the street in the first Paragon City 10K Run.
Mosh Pit - It begins!
The start of the run.
Off they go down the road!
The leaders begin to pull away.

Ahhh, the days when you could save civvies and they would follow you until they thanked you, allowing you to gather them in herds and have them follow you around as long as you flew out of reach.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
WHY COULD I NEVER FIND PEOPLE LIKE THIS WHEN I PLAYED COH WITH OTHERS, FFS?!

I hardly ever teamed up myself. I loved it, but RL kept me AFK too much. And even I ran into more than a few players like that... crazy and awesome and just plain fun to be around :D

Maybe the RNG just hated you :P

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
AE Arc, titled "snake stomper"

Inside, COBRA minions, lt's, and AV's.

Damned Cobra Commander was a freaking mastermind!

Power Play

• Minion
  • Liberty Eagle-Virtue/Power Play-Guardian
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
Ahhh, the days when you could save civvies and they would follow you until they thanked you, allowing you to gather them in herds and have them follow you around as long as you flew out of reach.

That's not what happened this time at all.  They just started gathering and running around, first on the steps in front of Ms. Lib, then around the courtyard area.  Then they all started running off down the street.  A bunch of us were so surprised we followed, wondering what they would do next.  They would do such things occasionally, such as when they did the crowd swarm over the door next to the monorail station in KR that led the devs to put a plaque there ingame about the incident, I belive explaining it as mind control or some such.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
I had a few of Darkwing Duck's signature lines ("I am the terror that flaps in the night!" "I am the raspberry seed you can't floss out!") key bound on Darkwing Turducken. Usually got a few LOL tells.

The funniest thing that I remember in a mission was in my first Cavern of Transcendence trial. You know, you had to have eight people to hit all eight glowies at once? The team leader had Invisibility and some form of Recall Friend, so he ran to each glowy and teleported one of us to it in turn. Before he did it, he gave a little team lecture on what was about to happen, stressing not to touch the glowy until he said so.

(I'm sure you can see where this is going...)

Three of us were me and two of the guys from my Friday night group, all three on Skype, so, once it started, we were obviously egging each other on via Skype, but the rest of the team were doing it by the end.

When the first of us, Chuck, got to his glowy, he asked, "Why can't we touch it again?"
"We all have to touch them at the same time. Let me get everyone in place, first."

When the next of us got there, he asked, "Can I touch it now?"
"No. Let me get everyone to theirs, then we'll do it."

Bear in mind, the team leader is not on Skype, so he has to stop what he's doing to reply in the chat window, while the rest of us are just sitting around waiting. By this time, one of the other people has caught on.

"Can I touch it, yet?"
"No! Stop it! I'm going as fast as I can!"

It rapidly deteriorate from there, until it was like some kind of skit, or something. The more we whined like kids on a road trip, the worse the team leader's typing got, too. We finished the trial, but the team leader threatened to put us all on Ignore when we were done.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
That's not what happened this time at all. 
No, but it sure was hilarious when we could do that! :D
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »
The funniest thing that I remember in a mission was in my first Cavern of Transcendence trial...
Sounds like every Cavern trial I ever ran.

That may be because I was usually the one who started it every time - even when I was leading.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2012, 02:28:04 AM »
I remember that bug, council ambushes would spawn but at the zone's minimal level.  I remember standing around with my level 30 something in Talos and have a level 10 council run up and try to attack me.  It was like kids attacking you with wrapping paper tubes, cute but annoying after awhile.

There was also the other bug where the ambush on a TF would spawn at the real level of the player, even if they were exemplared.  Of course, usually it's the person who's leveling up and can't see that they were being 2 shotted.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

HugoLuman

• Minion
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2012, 02:46:55 AM »
Did anyone ever play Phoenix Jones?

voodoogirl

« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »

HugoLuman

• Minion
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2012, 02:58:02 AM »
Beta?

voodoogirl

« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:22 AM »
We're releasing on time.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2012, 05:21:22 AM »
Cavern of Transcendence Trial, and we all faceplant together.  The rezzer is in the rear.  There ensued a hilarious passing of the single rez pill we had from one dead body to the next to get all the way back.  "Do you have it?" "I gave it to YOU!"  "Well I don't have it!"  yada.  I was the rezzer and almost couldn't eat the pill when it finally got to me, I was laughing so hard.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2012, 04:20:29 AM »
Stealing this from Xieveral who snapped the pic on the last day...

That's Moonsun in black & white on the left and Dynamo Jr. in blue & red on the right (Xieveral is centered). What's so funny, you ask? They are both ME! Moonsun was mapserved so I decided to alt out to Dynamo on the way back in. When I got back to AP, there he was. I stood there looking at myself in shock and saying something like "Well. I just broke the game." He just stood there cycling through stand poses like nothing was weird at all...
Thanks again to Xieveral for thinking to take the shot.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

ecto1d

• Underling
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
Funniest thing i saw was a toon in outbreak tutorial guy looked like the good humor man except he had black and white cow spots all over him! His name was "The Milkman" and he would put his hands on his hips and say "Behold the power of cheese!" lmao!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine.