Author Topic: Who Would You Remake First?  (Read 9005 times)

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
Re: Who Would You Remake First?
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 05:28:47 PM »
Glass Goblin, followed closely by Gorilla Girl and Mister Dramatico.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
My main and global-namesake, WP/DB tanker Redcap.
Tried to remake him in DCUO... but it's CC is sooooo crappy :gonk:
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
I would remake my MA/SR Scrapper Cyberman 8 first. He wasn't my first character. But he became my favorite.

I would take the opportunity to reroll my ORIGINAL first character, Lora Doubet, as either a Martial arts or a Street Fighting/Willpower Scrapper. Or possibly even a brute! She was originally Martial Arts/Invulnerability. But that combo became rather gimped over time, and Cyberman 8 became my primary scrapper. It would be nice to reroll her as something distinct from C8.

Next up would be Kara Skye, my Grav/Kin controller.

Next would be my Praetorian Loyalist (Responsibility)  and Dual Pistols/Energy Blaster Sassinak.

Lily the Diamond, my SS/WP Brute would be the first of my Redsiders to come back, followed by my Robotics/Traps Mastermind, Mechanon Prime.

If they kept the level 20 limit for HEATs and VEATs, I'd probably after a couple of weeks be able to roll my original Peacebringer Lora'Lai. Followed by my Warshade Zmierzch.

After that there's a whole host of other characters of varying levels. I'd have to pick and choose which "B-listers" I'd want to give time to.

Sarge Morris

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
Right off the bat, I'd immediately remake my first toon.  When I started playing CoX, he was a Master Sergeant, drawing from my love of history, myself and what I'd been through, and my First Sergeant, a man I'd idolized during my military career and time in the sandbox.  Towards the end, I saw to it that my character was promoted to Sergeant Major, who drew additional inspiration of my own squadron sergeant major.  Its funny - as a young private, everything my Sergeant Major said seemed to be specifically directed at making our lives miserable with more and more stupid rules.  As I aged and matured and became an NCO in my own right, my Sergeant Major's behavior made more and more sense and I realized he had become one of my role models in my continuing career.  As General Patton himself said, "You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisciplined in small things."

I'd like to be a Sergeant Major myself someday, but until then, man, it was sure nice to dream.  And interact with a legitimately awesome group of people in a comfortable environment.  I still can't walk into a club under my own steam and not immediately press my back against a wall and constantly scan the crowd.  But I could hang out in Pocket D and have fun.

I'm going to miss this game.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 11:49:41 PM »
As I stated on page one, I'd remake Illyria (SJ/INV Brute) and then Avatar of Ra (FIRE/FIRE Blaster) first.

After that, I'd remake General Supernova (Peacebringer), Vamp Angel (BS/REGEN Scrapper), Pete P. Powers (ELEC/REGEN Scrapper), Alex Corvus (DA/TW Tank), Atom-Storm (RAD/NRG Blaster), Chrono-Tamer (AM/TM Mastermind), and Dr. Shock-Therapy (EMP/ELEC Defender). Not necessarily in that order, and I might change up a power-set or two.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 02:41:39 AM »
Enter Allen Steele!

...the fourth.

I'd probably reincarnate his Storm/Fire Defender iteration, because that was just too much fun and I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with him.  I may also name him Allen Phantom, for nostalgia's sake.

Tivomaniac

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 03:26:44 AM »
Probably two concurrently my spines/dark Prickly Darkness & then my Illusion/Storm Lady Valhalla.
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 03:36:15 AM »
You know, I thought long and hard about this and really I really wouldnt remake any of them. When and if the new game comes to be, I want to walk into it clean slate, new game, new experience, even if it's the old game. Because playing as long as I have and making a character I already played before I wont last another 3-5 years, especially if the mechanics are the same. I want to come into the game like I'm brand new and will stay 6-7 years as if it was my first set of years instead of feeling like I've been here 6-7 years already.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »
I would remake Serkana, hands down. (Katana/Willpower Scrapper)

Thunder Hooves would come soon after. (Martial Arts/Regeneration Scrapper)

Then Void Summoner (Assuming I24 content would be published. Dark Control/Martial Assault)

Then X-357. (Electric Blast/Electric Manipulation Blaster)

Then Guardian of the Pit. (Titan Weapon/Willpower Scrapper)

I would be good for awhile after those.

Oh!  And lest I forget Captain Special! (Street Justice/Invulnerablility Brute)
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
I would recreat my main, Cryfire, electric/electric/flame blaster. My 3rd hero but my first lvl 50.  ;D

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
No questions in my mind here.

I'd remake Argent Girl, but as for which one?

Peacebringer. I spent 32 hours nonstop, no sleep, barely breaking to get food to fuel the leveling craze, taking her PB version to 50 with the plans of finishing out making her +3 and purpled up once plot was ready for it...

If I had the chance, I wouldn't wait. Nothing was ever as fun gameplaywise as that Peacebringer. Humanform, lots and lots of big dramatic booms, and with the awesome fun of the summer ATO... oh it was sweet.

I can only find one screenie of that toon before my patience wears out atm, but here goes:

Woo! - Argent Girl

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »
My last toon, but probably with a new name.

MA/shield scrapper - she was called kinda lingers which might fall foul of the GMs but was appropriate at the time (it was the last song at the end of the last ever episode of a TV series, so seemed appropriate to make in CoH's last week).

Then probably my Arch/mental blaster Mental Flossie, an ice tank, either /fire or /stone (I had 2 50s of each on different servers) and No brain no pain my zombie fire/psi dom.

My original main and avatar would be way down the list, and instead of stone/axe tank, he'd probably be mace/stone brute which I had as Bob the boulder with a pipe wrench.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
Thor's Assassin..Not even a question.

Miss ya buddy :(

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
For certain I would make Steropes again
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »
Halo Jones, Nrg Nrg Blaster.  Nothing is as much fun as the Bounce Punch.

Villainside I would have to do Malfeasance first.  Followed by Alice Malice.

I am not sure if I would remake Liberty Force.  She was my 'kryptonian' homage, and while it was fun making her up, I dunno if I would do it all again.  Instead I would probably remake Sigridifumal.  All of those were 50s and I would not change a single power I chose in remaking them.

Witchcraft I might redo the same.  Fire/Storm controller was fun but only once I got Imps.  In the early days it was slow going and kind of a pain.  Might redo her as a Corruptor or even as a Defender.  Take different powersets completely.  Would probably make her, delete at 20 and remake her a few times, which is how she went up the first time around.  Trying to do a full on 'magic spells' character is hard when you get tied to only one or two SFX. 

Lots of others I would remake, including the Merc/Traps MM version of Roughtrade since it most closely matched the Shadowrun character which is the original namesake.  But most of them would have different powersets and some would have different ATs completely. 

GoreckiMike

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
My first re-make would be my very first Hero, the White Comet. He introduced me into the Missions, Game mechanic, Chat, and SG. Learning how to Build, Craft and Move about in the game. From this Fire/Kin Controller I moved on to making my other Heroes & Villains using what I had learned and continued to learn. Just to hear "Fulcrum Shift" when my team was up against a wall... Epic.

GoreckiMike

• Minion
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Glass Goblin, followed closely by Gorilla Girl and Mister Dramatico.

I remember Gorilla Girl.