Author Topic: Who Would You Remake First?  (Read 9002 times)

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
Who Would You Remake First?
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:48:55 PM »
Hypothetical situation: The game reopens, with all the current levels of service available. You can make all the characters you can currently make, but due to a legal snafu involving the databases, the new 'City of Heroes' does not have your old characters. Any of them. They can't get them from NCSoft, they can't make use of the Sentinel+ data. Everyone is starting from scratch.

The Question: Assuming you were going to remake an old character (and I'm aware that not everybody would)...who would you remake first? Which of your old characters would get the reboot treatment in the new 'City of Heroes'?

My personal answer: It'd be tight, and I probably wouldn't play her all the way up to 50 before remaking someone else too, but...Jane Q. Public, my street fighting/willpower brute. It's not the most powerful set in the game, but it gives me the most visceral feeling of power. The animations, sound effects, and damage levels all give you the feeling that you're dishing out real pain to the bad guys, and you start feeling powerful fast due to the extra endurance and status protection. I played this character up to 50 almost without noticing the first time out, and I could go another 50 levels with her easy.

Everyone else?

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
Re: Who Would You Remake First?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
Illyria first, and Avatar of Ra right after, in quick succession. No contest!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »
My first and main character over the years: Knight'Hawk (although I'd try to get in the game fast enough to spell his name right :P ). Same costume as he had when the end came, but I'd probably re-roll him as a StJ/WP Scrapper since that would be more accurate to his backstory (didn't have those powersets back in the day.....in 2007 ;D ).

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:18:53 PM »
Hard question, but...

Probably SPC-01X, my Kin/Energy Defender.  I never really got to play a Defender thoroughly prior to CoH's closing, and during the brief little time I played him SPC was a heck of a lot of fun.

If I immediately had access to Epic Archetypes, though, first and foremost would be rolling Kaiser Tarantula again.  No ifs, ands, or buts - I loved the Arachnos Soldier.  Though, I might play him primarily as a Bane Spider instead of a Crab Spider this time - the mace was hellaciously fun and I honestly underestimated it until I gave it a whirl in an alternate build.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
This is kinda easy for me to answer :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
I'd pretty much remake my characters in the order I'd made them, mostly.

So my main three would be Little David here (Hero), Corrupted Haruspex (Villain), and Wildfire Pete (Praetorian).

The other alts I'd made ... I'd remake them too, but if this scenario ever happens, I'd put my energy toward experiencing the game in full on my main characters first.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »
Either Thing of Bigness, SS/WP brute... or...

Thinking Ebon Kitty, but as a Claws/SR Brute instead of Scrapper.  Because after I saw what BillZ did with his main avatar?  Man. I want a character like THAT.  It is... NASTY.  :)

Only I'd have fun figuring out how the heck he made it, instead of using some build.  Part of the fun of the game, for me, was the figuring it out part.

Other contenders are the Dawn Sisters, and that's because they're a special Lore of my own.

rageycat

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
mew.. Jonas
scrapper
dark melee, willpower this time(though i might go bakc to SR just for the memories)

BryanSnowden

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
Hypothetical situation: The game reopens, with all the current levels of service available. You can make all the characters you can currently make, but due to a legal snafu involving the databases, the new 'City of Heroes' does not have your old characters. Any of them. They can't get them from NCSoft, they can't make use of the Sentinel+ data. Everyone is starting from scratch.

The Question: Assuming you were going to remake an old character (and I'm aware that not everybody would)...who would you remake first? Which of your old characters would get the reboot treatment in the new 'City of Heroes'?

Personally at this point my answer might be none of them... If they didn't preserve the Databases = Then they didn't want the game to be sold (or to have a serious chance of being bought), and I'm not likely to get in on that.
*Note: Especially, If it's still going to be Server-based & requires a sub or something - I'm not going to get screwed again.*

Well, If this isn't just some attempt to gauge whether people would re-sub without the Databases...  Then, I'd start with my First Character (an Energy/Energy Blaster) and go from there.  I had/have? alt-itis in the extreme and couldn't force myself to start saving my characters with the Extractor (that no company would likely allow us to upload from = so its seem that would likely only be useful for a fan-based private server) & the same with Demorecord and my Bases (I had a bunch of these, too) and I'm in no mood to try and pick & list which were my favorites, sorry.

Rienuaa

• Minion
  • Lord Omi - Virtue
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
Lord Omi would be tricky, I'd have to unlock HEATs again.

... back in my day, we had to get to 50 *grumble grumble*

KnightHawk Prime

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »
My first and main character over the years: Knight'Hawk (although I'd try to get in the game fast enough to spell his name right :P ).

Not a chance, suckchops. ;]

Although seriously, did someone *have* Knight'Hawk? I don't use the apostrophe there, so if you couldn't use it, tweren't *mah* fault. ;]

In all seriousness, tho, wish I'd met you when I / you first started playing so we could coordinate things. Sounds like we both started around the same time. ;]

-----

My first Character would be KnightHawk Prime.

Prime started (In character) In the Imperial Military, working his way up to his current career as an Imperial Special Operations Commando. Commandos specialize in landing quietly on a world under stealth, and scout the local environment and civilization for information on how their culture is set up, how they think, how well they work with each other, how xenophobic they are racially, what problems could they cause for the Empire, and who to contact amongst the locals for contact with ruling powers, possibly *which* power to contact if it's not a unified world government.

We *try* to say hello first.

Prime, despite being the Unit Commanding Officer, keeps his training in operations current, and requires all of his command level officers to do the same.

Why would your men follow you, if you're only willing to lead from the desk back at base?

So, all that having been said, *Prime* and a scout team would be first through the gate, to check out the new Paragon world to see what, if any, the differences are.

And then contact the local authorities to see if peaceful contact with the Empire could be established.

This scenario supposes a new owner for the game, not NCSoftCore.

Okay. They get *one* chance to make peaceful contact. NCSoftCore already blew theirs.

If not, *That's* where the fun would begin.

And Prime would be "First-on -Scene", so he would be there to make the decision.

2cp. ;]

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »
Its not even a contest. Ashen Fury, my first character. Originally MA/invul(i loved the original storm kick animation, and being shiny), she was practically the only character i played during these past 8 and a half years. I made alts, sure. but most of them never made it to 20 before being replaced with something else. I only ever had 4 50s, and Ashen was the best. She got deleted somehow during one of my breaks from the game, and I was never able to have her restored, so I recreated her as Kinetic Melee/Energy Aura. I played off her "death and resurrection" by making it so the primal earth version of her had died during the praetorian war, and her consciousness was transferred to her praetorian self, merging them into a powerful incarnate.

Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

HardRider

• Underling
  • Only HardRider can bring you true peace.
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
HardRider my first toon hands down.

Stone/Invul Brute - Issue 5.5 it was made and was fun all the way through to the end.
Could take a nuke to the face and still come out kicking stones XD

James_Bonnell

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »
That's kind of hard for me to say.

Most of my characters at 50 were done, and I was satisfied with them that way - although the blaster changes in i24 were making *me* happy (the little I saw of them with about a week on beta just now).

From the stance of what would be the most fun for me to get back to 50... and who I'd want to resurrect...

I was most partial to defenders, blasters, scrappers, and brutes, but I tried pretty much everything.  Never got into Kheldians and kinda got bored by Soldiers of Arachnos.

Probably my katana/regen scrapper Pink Ronin, my villain brute Shadowboxer Mark 4, my kin/dark defender Kinetic Barbie, my bots/traps mastermind Dominic Black, and maybe my claws/ninjitsu stalker Omega Klaw.

That, and alts.  Lots and lots of alts.

Flafty

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
I'd probably re-make my favorite toon: Invincible Ohm - Electric Melee/Willpower Brute

Shinobu

• Minion
  • aka Shinobu
    • Shinobu's City of Heroes Journal
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 10:18:15 PM »

As a confirmed altoholic, I'm not sure I would remake any character identical to one of my old ones, but I would probably try to grab several names such as Shinobu (my global) and see what I could make of them.

I would probably make another scrapper or brute, one that had farming potential, and I'd try to use all my past knowledge to get them to 50 and IO them out as well and quickly as I could.  ^_^

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »
No question, I re-roll my first character on CoH:  Stratoshock (pure electric blaster)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 12:11:39 AM »
It wouldn't be Kristoff; he was a triple dark defender that got to 50 thru teamwork before defender blasts were scaled to do more damage when solo and on very small teams.  Most likely I'd make a blaster and probably neither of the ones I had the most success with (NRG/MM and H2O/Ice).  I was revisiting old favorite content a day or two before shutdown on an Archery/Fire Manipulation blaster, two sets I'd done nothing with prior, and found this combo fun, at least to level 20.  The idea of a water/storm corr or def also has great appeal and I'd wish I'd had time to try this.  So while I might remake old favorites, I'm just as likely to try something new.

Note: the original Kristoff von Gelmini was a character from an old tabletop campaign (fully homegrown rules system) that had nothing to do with superheroes.  The old friend and gaming buddy who got me into CoH had been playing off and on since the first week but our lives had diverged more than 20 years ago, and it was only after we'd been back in contact and living in the same city again that he invited me over to see City of Heroes.  We had a blast making that first character together though neither of us played him much beyond the tutorial.  I was impressed with the costume creator as well as how the game looked and played street sweeping Hellions and fell in love with the game.  I got my own account, so we could team up and he suggest translating old gaming characters we'd had, a pair of rather roguish supernatural brothers who always got into trouble but had each other's back.  They were from a fantasy world and so we said some  mystic cataclysm had propelled them into Paragon City, where they were rebuilding the family's power and shattered castle, our SG base.  We even stipulated that some family members had landed in the Rogue Isles and so my third toon was my first villain, Fiorinda von Gelmini, rightful heir to their House which Kristoff had usurped; thus I played the nemesis and rival to my main, and had much fun roleplaying her attempts to get the characters we teamed up with to support her efforts to dethrone Kristoff.  In the original campaign this played out as dark fantasy (think Tremere), but we modified it in City of more for laughs.  While both characters were darkly chivalrous, by their own standards, the feel I was going for was more Heroic Addams Family and that it was purely happenstance that one was labeled a hero while the other was a villain for they were cut from the same cloth.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 02:02:40 AM »
Not a chance, suckchops. ;]

Although seriously, did someone *have* Knight'Hawk? I don't use the apostrophe there, so if you couldn't use it, tweren't *mah* fault. ;]

In all seriousness, tho, wish I'd met you when I / you first started playing so we could coordinate things. Sounds like we both started around the same time. ;]

Well, initially when I first started he was "Night-Hawk" on Protector, but I later moved to Freedom and at the time it seemed like every variation of that was taken, so that's why I went with "Knight'Hawk". If I could though I'd have just used "Nighthawk".

And yes it would've been cool to meet up earlier on.  :)

MaHaBone

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 02:07:55 AM »
My Fire Rad troller, Twicken Sisted.  Uber combo right out of the box.

That said, I would die.  A lot.  Big diff playing a purped out Incarnate and a lowbie with DOs

Dr. Bad Guy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 02:21:31 AM »
Dr. Nice Guy,my first and foremost.  R.I.Limbo til its time to save Paragon again.

pyber

• Minion
  • Das Hamster
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 03:11:29 AM »
It'd be a tossup between the first two characters I ever made.  So either Radek, my SS/WP Brute, or the Little Red Hamster, my beloved midget Fire/Kin Corr.  I'd probably be leaning more towards the Hamster though.  Much as I loved my SMASH!, I think I might have come to love my Fulcrum Shifts more.   ;D
"From my big beautiful warlock brain, welcome to 'Sheen's Korner' ... You're either in my corner, or you're with the trolls."

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:01 AM »
I would remake my first character. I only started playing six months ago and only got him up to level 38 on the final day before it happened but He was a dominator with plant control and fire assault and had a nice fancy suit with the steampunk classice jacket, sunglasses and a goatee with nice hair....all in black. Very Stylish.

I would remake that guy!

His name was Vasarto

Silverblade

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 03:23:48 AM »
Silverblade my scrapper.  I'd probably go kat/will instead of regen though as that powerset fits his character better.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 03:33:28 AM »
If it's the same world, then Miss Megajoule, of course.
If it's not... then probably not.  Though she started as a never-played character for tabletop Champions, Julie became someone else during the importation process and her long career in (and outside of) Paragon City - someone linked to that setting, forever.

Synodontis

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 04:05:11 AM »
It would be either Khodek, or Bonavox.

Khodek was my first toon -- I cut my teeth on him, didn't know thing one about playing the game and had to learn everything from scratch.  He's scrappy too... born and raised in the streets of Neutropolis... a dark/regen Scrapper who turned out pretty darn powerful.

But I also love Bonavox, my second -- I started learning how to team with him, and he is pretty awesome --!  He was a katana/willpower Scrapper.

I am going to try to give all my toons second life through drawing them.  Back to the pen and pencil days of RP; they still exist in my mind and only I have the power to give them life.  :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:51:45 PM by Synodontis »

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 08:36:19 AM »
Would remake my blueside and redside mains first. Then I would work down the ladder of importance, taking my time and concentrating on my Top Five to begin with. I would happily rebuild everyone; the thing that would tick me off is losing my anniversary badges, as those can never be replaced.

Everything else could be fixed. The thing that would worry me was, would we have access to Soldiers of Arachnos. Those are pretty unique, and one of my Top Five is a Bane Spider.

MaHaBone: My Fire Rad troller, Twicken Sisted.  Uber combo right out of the box.

I was standing right next to you in Atlas 2 last night as the servers went dark. I remember the cute name.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »
Booster Angel, my Beam/Energy Blaster. A close second is Engine Jean, my SS/Electric Brute.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Surelle

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »
That's easy on both fronts:  My favorite 50 was my fire/stone brute.  And I'd rename her the same thing (comically enough):  Unfinished Business.  :P

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »
I would be inclined to remake Tenzhi first, though I never got him near 50 and probably wouldn't play him for long before making a new character.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »
My Fire Rad troller, Twicken Sisted.  Uber combo right out of the box.

That said, I would die.  A lot.  Big diff playing a purped out Incarnate and a lowbie with DOs

You should have tried it back before Controllers got Containment and the veteran rewards like the Nemesis Staff -- advancement for a Controller soloing pretty much choked off in the low teens because your raw damage output was so pitiful. Yadernii Ogon, my Fire/Rad Controller, was reduced to going after -2 and -3 mob spawns in her low teens when solo because it took way too long to defeat even-level mobs solo.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
Assuming no level-gating, I would re-create my Soldier of Arachnos, Arbiter Salazar, in a heartbeat.  I tweaked a huntsman build from the forums using Mids and it was just ludicrously powerful and resistant (except to psionics). Of course, tt was the first and only toon that I had fully IO'd out, and likely would have been the most powerful had I the time to actually play more incarnate content with her.
After that, I would re-make my fire/fire/fire blaster, Zolena Wren.  Afterwards, I would likely delve into AT's I had not fully worked with yet, notably the HEATs.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Allotrion

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »
I would probably roll Stoik, my SR/StJ tank.  Easy going right out of the box.  Closely followed by a support toon, probably Tsunami Shaa, my Storm/Water defender.  I would definitely reroll Father Willow, my Plant/Psi dom and IO him out ASAP.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 11:36:12 PM »
In order:

Malefic Elf/Malicent E. Snowstar
Omael/Dominic O'Malley
Isfret
Ruby Heart/Scarlet
Genevieve Moriarty

But Mally would most definitely be first.

Blightfight

• Underling
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
I'm heavy RPer, so I'd probably roll with the toon I had the most fun RP on, which was Jin, AKA Kamen Rider OUT, a 50+++ MA/Regen Scrappah. I would roll him as a STJ Brute, like I did as another alt of him, but.. Eagle's Claw (Dragon's Claw? The top tier power that's the flying kick) looks almost exactly like a Rider Kick. Can't give that up.

That, and he had a bee-yotchin' Showa Era Style costume.

...Yes, I'm a Toku fan. >.>

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 09:43:04 AM »
Ivy in Chains was the first character I ever rolled in CoV.  She was a Mind/Energy Dom, and if given the chance I'd re-roll her as Mind/Dark because that's more what her powers were supposed to be, but that wasn't an option when I rolled her.  (Power Customization, sure, but Total Focus and Power Burst definitely look like energy attacks, and not the forceful application of shadows, y'know?)  But, yeah, I'd re-roll her.  She wasn't my first 50, but she was the character I first saw Paragon City and the Rogue Isles through, and she was the character I was playing when the lights out.  I loved her concept, I liked the name, she's the reason I fell in love with Doms.  I used her as a plot-driving NPC in a Mutants and Masterminds campaign I ran about a year ago, and honestly I felt a little disheartened that my players didn't dig her back story.

But, yeah, I'd bring Ivy back.  Slaying Mantis and the Cold-Iron Reaver were fun and all, but Ivy's the character I definitely had the most emotional investment in.  She's gotta come first.
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

Cosmic Herald

• Underling
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
I would do my best to slip into that comfortable pair of shoes and remake Cosmic Herald again..
I would change my main villain though, but for hero.. Cosmic Herald all the way.

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
<---- Siberian Spring.

I had a character I called my "main" before her, but I made Spring as soon as Cold was available to defenders and finally, truly, understood what people had been talking about when talking about Main characters. She hit level 50 like a lightning bolt, not because of PLing, but just because I had so much damned fun playing her.

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
Starsman. I already did a good-enough rendition of him in Champions.
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 05:28:47 PM »
Glass Goblin, followed closely by Gorilla Girl and Mister Dramatico.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
My main and global-namesake, WP/DB tanker Redcap.
Tried to remake him in DCUO... but it's CC is sooooo crappy :gonk:
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
I would remake my MA/SR Scrapper Cyberman 8 first. He wasn't my first character. But he became my favorite.

I would take the opportunity to reroll my ORIGINAL first character, Lora Doubet, as either a Martial arts or a Street Fighting/Willpower Scrapper. Or possibly even a brute! She was originally Martial Arts/Invulnerability. But that combo became rather gimped over time, and Cyberman 8 became my primary scrapper. It would be nice to reroll her as something distinct from C8.

Next up would be Kara Skye, my Grav/Kin controller.

Next would be my Praetorian Loyalist (Responsibility)  and Dual Pistols/Energy Blaster Sassinak.

Lily the Diamond, my SS/WP Brute would be the first of my Redsiders to come back, followed by my Robotics/Traps Mastermind, Mechanon Prime.

If they kept the level 20 limit for HEATs and VEATs, I'd probably after a couple of weeks be able to roll my original Peacebringer Lora'Lai. Followed by my Warshade Zmierzch.

After that there's a whole host of other characters of varying levels. I'd have to pick and choose which "B-listers" I'd want to give time to.

Sarge Morris

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
Right off the bat, I'd immediately remake my first toon.  When I started playing CoX, he was a Master Sergeant, drawing from my love of history, myself and what I'd been through, and my First Sergeant, a man I'd idolized during my military career and time in the sandbox.  Towards the end, I saw to it that my character was promoted to Sergeant Major, who drew additional inspiration of my own squadron sergeant major.  Its funny - as a young private, everything my Sergeant Major said seemed to be specifically directed at making our lives miserable with more and more stupid rules.  As I aged and matured and became an NCO in my own right, my Sergeant Major's behavior made more and more sense and I realized he had become one of my role models in my continuing career.  As General Patton himself said, "You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisciplined in small things."

I'd like to be a Sergeant Major myself someday, but until then, man, it was sure nice to dream.  And interact with a legitimately awesome group of people in a comfortable environment.  I still can't walk into a club under my own steam and not immediately press my back against a wall and constantly scan the crowd.  But I could hang out in Pocket D and have fun.

I'm going to miss this game.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 11:49:41 PM »
As I stated on page one, I'd remake Illyria (SJ/INV Brute) and then Avatar of Ra (FIRE/FIRE Blaster) first.

After that, I'd remake General Supernova (Peacebringer), Vamp Angel (BS/REGEN Scrapper), Pete P. Powers (ELEC/REGEN Scrapper), Alex Corvus (DA/TW Tank), Atom-Storm (RAD/NRG Blaster), Chrono-Tamer (AM/TM Mastermind), and Dr. Shock-Therapy (EMP/ELEC Defender). Not necessarily in that order, and I might change up a power-set or two.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 02:41:39 AM »
Enter Allen Steele!

...the fourth.

I'd probably reincarnate his Storm/Fire Defender iteration, because that was just too much fun and I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with him.  I may also name him Allen Phantom, for nostalgia's sake.

Tivomaniac

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 03:26:44 AM »
Probably two concurrently my spines/dark Prickly Darkness & then my Illusion/Storm Lady Valhalla.
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 03:36:15 AM »
You know, I thought long and hard about this and really I really wouldnt remake any of them. When and if the new game comes to be, I want to walk into it clean slate, new game, new experience, even if it's the old game. Because playing as long as I have and making a character I already played before I wont last another 3-5 years, especially if the mechanics are the same. I want to come into the game like I'm brand new and will stay 6-7 years as if it was my first set of years instead of feeling like I've been here 6-7 years already.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »
I would remake Serkana, hands down. (Katana/Willpower Scrapper)

Thunder Hooves would come soon after. (Martial Arts/Regeneration Scrapper)

Then Void Summoner (Assuming I24 content would be published. Dark Control/Martial Assault)

Then X-357. (Electric Blast/Electric Manipulation Blaster)

Then Guardian of the Pit. (Titan Weapon/Willpower Scrapper)

I would be good for awhile after those.

Oh!  And lest I forget Captain Special! (Street Justice/Invulnerablility Brute)
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
I would recreat my main, Cryfire, electric/electric/flame blaster. My 3rd hero but my first lvl 50.  ;D

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
No questions in my mind here.

I'd remake Argent Girl, but as for which one?

Peacebringer. I spent 32 hours nonstop, no sleep, barely breaking to get food to fuel the leveling craze, taking her PB version to 50 with the plans of finishing out making her +3 and purpled up once plot was ready for it...

If I had the chance, I wouldn't wait. Nothing was ever as fun gameplaywise as that Peacebringer. Humanform, lots and lots of big dramatic booms, and with the awesome fun of the summer ATO... oh it was sweet.

I can only find one screenie of that toon before my patience wears out atm, but here goes:

Woo! - Argent Girl

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »
My last toon, but probably with a new name.

MA/shield scrapper - she was called kinda lingers which might fall foul of the GMs but was appropriate at the time (it was the last song at the end of the last ever episode of a TV series, so seemed appropriate to make in CoH's last week).

Then probably my Arch/mental blaster Mental Flossie, an ice tank, either /fire or /stone (I had 2 50s of each on different servers) and No brain no pain my zombie fire/psi dom.

My original main and avatar would be way down the list, and instead of stone/axe tank, he'd probably be mace/stone brute which I had as Bob the boulder with a pipe wrench.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
Thor's Assassin..Not even a question.

Miss ya buddy :(

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
For certain I would make Steropes again
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »
Halo Jones, Nrg Nrg Blaster.  Nothing is as much fun as the Bounce Punch.

Villainside I would have to do Malfeasance first.  Followed by Alice Malice.

I am not sure if I would remake Liberty Force.  She was my 'kryptonian' homage, and while it was fun making her up, I dunno if I would do it all again.  Instead I would probably remake Sigridifumal.  All of those were 50s and I would not change a single power I chose in remaking them.

Witchcraft I might redo the same.  Fire/Storm controller was fun but only once I got Imps.  In the early days it was slow going and kind of a pain.  Might redo her as a Corruptor or even as a Defender.  Take different powersets completely.  Would probably make her, delete at 20 and remake her a few times, which is how she went up the first time around.  Trying to do a full on 'magic spells' character is hard when you get tied to only one or two SFX. 

Lots of others I would remake, including the Merc/Traps MM version of Roughtrade since it most closely matched the Shadowrun character which is the original namesake.  But most of them would have different powersets and some would have different ATs completely. 

GoreckiMike

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
My first re-make would be my very first Hero, the White Comet. He introduced me into the Missions, Game mechanic, Chat, and SG. Learning how to Build, Craft and Move about in the game. From this Fire/Kin Controller I moved on to making my other Heroes & Villains using what I had learned and continued to learn. Just to hear "Fulcrum Shift" when my team was up against a wall... Epic.

GoreckiMike

• Minion
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Glass Goblin, followed closely by Gorilla Girl and Mister Dramatico.

I remember Gorilla Girl.