Author Topic: CoX ROLL CALL  (Read 34942 times)

Cosmic Herald

• Underling
Re: CoX ROLL CALL
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
Cosmic Herald from the Justice server.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 02:58:03 PM »
KnightHawk Prime here, I was the Commanding Officer of the KnightHawks SuperGroups, my global was boring and obvious, @knighthawk prime. ;]

Have you met my lovely wife?

2cp. ;]

Funny bumping into you again. ;D

<---- Night-Hawk07 on the forums, mostly played Knight'Hawk on Freedom but also had a few alts as well.

Terlin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 02:59:43 PM »
I started on Victory and Guardian, but then migrated to Infinity. I too am a lifelong altiholic who started playing CoX right after Issue-3 went live.

Stormistress on the boards, and @Bjorn Stoutarm in global.

I made it my mission to fill up as many slots as possible with new character creations, and that limited my path to 50 for many many of my characters. However, it was all about the FUN and the journey for me, and about all the wonderful people I met all along the way.

Notable characters are:

Tess Tamoni on Virtue (Shield/Elec. Tank)

Starr Quake on Virtue (Gravity/Elec. Dominator)

Dragons Spawn on Protector (Fire/Fire Blaster)

Stormistress on Infinity (Storm/Elec. Defender)

'Mirage on Infinity (Illusion/Storm Controller)

I was honored to have 'Mirage bestowed the leadership of The Natural Disasters, Inc. on Infinity several years ago. I remember fondly being recruited by Weather King, and all the good times that all of the NDI members had. It was great having the light RP going on with our many events (one of my favorites was the Talos beach party. Circle-head volleyball anyone? Awesome!, and let's not forget the in-game wedding of the NDI's own Bethany to Gabriel in Founders Falls.). The constant quest for the perfect SG uniform, with all those fashion shows. You guys were just wonderful.

There are so many experiences it could fill several books. The sudden random Inspiration or Enhancement dropped on you by an unknown benefactor. Being caught in a street ambush, and then having someone come along to keep you healed during the fight (or flight). Cruising the Rikti Crash Site with 'Mirage (yeah!, all those screen shots), or the Shadowshard.

It was inspiring to have all the good community help and contact. It made you want to contribute, and I often would just slowly fly overhead looking for heros to heal.

I will be visiting here often, and I look forward to spending time with all of you.

Wingnaut

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 03:15:25 PM »
Wingnaut here. Global @Wingnaut. Started on Triumph 6 1/2 yrs ago, but managed somehow to find homes on just about every server. Pushed out the door by force when all went dark last night on Champion doing what I loved most, teaming with friends while fighting Arachnos....seemed fitting.

While I loved all my alts...the ones that stand out for me are Wingnaut, Pandimus, Stingshot, Mindblankk, Guardian Teslin...omg,the list goes on.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
Hiya, Paragonners.

For those of you just coming on board, welcome. Tissues are on the left, the well stocked bar is on the right. There are plenty of comfy chairs spread about the place and we'll be having snacks brought in later.

@JWBullfrog here.

For those of you who played on Protector you might know me as the man behind Cassadega Delgado, Valentina Rose, Caridad Esperanza, Northern Spirit, Alexis Alexander, and many, many more.
If you came from Guardian you might have teamed with Doc Vendetta or Whispering Swan or Quiet Vindication and if so, you've met me there.
Triumph players might have seen me as Gray Goddess, Project Terminated, Janey Chain.

Again, welcome everyone. As you get comfortable you'll find that we're the same bunch of people you knew, we just have a new clubhouse.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Canine

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
I was @Li Sensei in game, Canine on the boards, what relatively little I did post.  I was a Union player and only ever a Union player, except for a trip to Freedom for the 'let's crush the server' Praetorian invasion and a toon for the city hall steps vigil.

Li Sensei was my namesake and original toon (Katana/Regen scrapper) since the day before EU official launch (the servers came up the evening before the official launch day :) )

Tufa was my second favourite, and the toon most people probably saw me on if I was on a trial.  Stone/Fire scranker, Granite mode purely as a panic button, and almost an obscene amount of fun how hard to kill he ended up being.  Tufa also generated me Karmic payback for all of my toons' pain fighting Carnival of Shadows, because he was immune to Carnies and so spent enjoyable hours giving Vanessa DeVore a headache by ambling into the Psychic plane and burning clowns (yes, I was stupid enough to have a Carnie farm).

I loved all 25 of my alts (all on Union), and they all got to 50+3.  Was still working (slowly) on Hybrid for them all, but it would have come eventually even given my pathological aversion of farming for anything.

Let's see.  list of my alts in order of creation:
Li Sensei, Aiag, Heat Haze, Toybox, Raffles, Bight, Fitzroy, Darquenesse, Thermal Interface, Tufa, Rifleman Gurung, Boreal Howl, Aerial Deceiver, Noctes, Operative Harris, Springheeled Jacques, 'Kin Freezing,  Doohicky, Chan Yang, Albedo Null, Hallow Point, Nine Tenths, AMP Alpha, Beam Line.

Abyssus

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »
Hey everyone, Abyssus from CoH forums and Pinn/virture server.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »
@Turjan, mostly from Union - originally @Sword of Albion - long story there...actually no, it's not that long, so I may as well tell it here now - why not? ;)

I started playing CoH at the first Christmas, but not on my own copy of the game. I'm English, and that first CoH Christmas, an American friend had come to stay over the holidays, bringing both CoH and World of Warcraft with him to show me.

I was instantly smitten with CoH. When my friend went back to the States after the holidays, I still had his CoH installed on my PC, and he kindly let me continue to mess about with it now and then. So I made Sword of Albion, a broadsword/regen scrapper.

Some time after this, Global names were introduced - it was a time when my friend wasn't using his account, so when I logged in as Sword of Albion, that became his global. He liked it, and so it stayed :)

Eventually, CoH was released in Europe, I got my own copy, and the first thing I did was remake Sword of Albion, which of course became my (European) Global. Finally, when the servers merged, my friend retained the Sword of Albion Global, and I renamed mine to Turjan...which, as it is the name I use for everything online anyway, actually made things more logical in the end ;D

So, yeah - @Turjan of Union, primary toons (i.e. my Incarnates): Sword of Albion (broadsword/regen scrapper), Lady Enceleda (empathy/rad defender), Dr.Turjan's TEA Mk.I (rad/elec defender), Gordon's Guardian (willpower/battle axe tank), and Street Shade (street justice/willpower scrapper)

MultipleGirl

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
Multiple Girl II - been on here for a while, always lurking ;)

SBoucher

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
@Thunderr here.

Most of you knew me as either Atomic Guardsman, American Vanguard, or Atomic Juggernaut on Virtue.

Look ... this hit me hard as well but I want to say thanks to Titan for giving us a way to stay together.

I have some characters on other MMO's but COX was MY game, the game I ALWAYS turned to to relieve stress, meet friends, or just create something new.

For anyone who knew me and wants to keep in touch, I have an e-mail address and FB account I will post in a contacts thread if one is ever created.

For those of us on Virtue last night, we got royally screwed by the server crashing. I had luckily made a backup on Exalted and was able to watch as servers died 3 minutes late ... prompting some of us to wonder if it was a cruel ruse.

Am I emotional, hell yes. Am I mad at NCSoft, hell yes. Even thought about leaving MMO all together. I do hope to keep in contact with some of my old friends. If you see this post and you are in another MMO, shoot me a message. Maybe we can meet.

Bionic Flea

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »
Bionic Flea, mainly from Justice, checking in.

Yesterday was bittersweet.  I haven't played much in the last month or so due to a combination of depression over the announcement and real life.  But I have logged in the last few days to savor the last moments and say goodbye.

I was buoyed by seeing my global friends list lit up more than I ever remember seeing it and by getting to run a +4 ITF and LGTF and some Itrials.

My eyes welled up a few times this morning reading Facebook posts and looking at screenshots and videos.

But the biggest punch to the gut was trying to look at the COH forums one last time and seeing that it was already gone.

My sincere thanks go out to Tony and the Titan Network team for keeping our community alive.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 04:40:01 PM »
@Artillerie here but with loads of alts - Mostly stuck to Union, especially in the last handfull of years but used to dabble a bit in Defiant. Great times :)

Dr. Gemini

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »
Doc Gemini here, used to be I could be found on any server keeping the city safe while most of you slept.

I've been registered here since they opened the Ouroboros Portal site, so I suppose it's about time I posted something...

AkuTenshiiZero

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »
I was AkuTenshiiZero on the boards, @Rose Prince in game.  I wasn't very well known, but you might have seen me on Virtue mostly as my Corruptor Capt. Stormrider.  If you ever were involved with the small SG Young Freedom I was Zeta Silver, though I had retired that character long ago.  And of course I had 20+ alts fairly evenly spread across both factions, but only on Virtue.

rageycat

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
@Rageycat   Virtue mostly.

If there was someone misspelling words and placing letters in the wrong places on your team, that was probably me Virtuous ones.

I have way too many characters to list so here is a pair and their alternates

Caraecyn               lvl 50 dom garv/psi (shapeshifter, semi entity- makes duplicates of self over the multiverse)
Beurocrat/Secretary in scirocco's faction
Mouthy in the Abyss on red hami's
I liked to lead an in character LGTF now and again.

aliases: Caraesyn lvl 50 widow/fort (and yes female costume)
Caroran lvl 50 grav/kin controller (unknowing duplicate)
Karaecyn lvl 50 peacebringer (duplicate rebelling from Cara with the collective(council of duplicates) )
Daemocaer lvl 50 mastermind demon/storm
(from an old rp on a mud where Cara was infused witha  demon, releaseing his darker nature, out to mess with duplicates and Cara)
Daemokaer lvl 50 stj/energy aura (second alt for daemocaer, now shackled by Caraecyn and off doing.. bleh heroic deeds)
I also had planned but scrapped a warshade version, though he was mentioned in rp.

Jonas Sahandra     lvl 50 scrap dm/sr (vampire catman)
one of my two original charcters around before badges were even out, he went through crazy bloopers back then like not having practiced brawler until lvl 22
I got to meet the Kil Skuls guy, teamed with him.
He became soemthing entirely different and fun to play on the game.
I even had spectators in dead teamates who couldn't rez from council spawns once.
They said it as like watching jackie chan =)
aliases: Jaiger lvl 50 scrapper db/will (when I first made Jonas., I wanted dual blades but all they had was broadsword )
Sanoj lvl 50 brute db/will (I made 2 at the time sicne there wa sno side switching, this ebcame my priamry farmer and did my 'Bughunts' in AE. They were small winged insect customs that grouped nicely for db and at +4x8 were a challenge to even io'd farmers. I also ised them to test the strength of my builds.)
J0NAS lvl 50 tanker DA/Staff - I did not get to play him enough =(
My DA/elec brute build was clunky and slow. This was godly and enjoyable to an extreme, last night I LGTf's with pyroembryo and loved every moment of this character. also had spring attack for set bonuses, but it became part of my defensive spin, stomp and whirl aoe of combo attack.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:28:42 PM by rageycat »

foreman hanks

• Underling
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
I started with the launch of  COV with @maelestrous on the Defiant server, Red side.  As the COV patch dwindled, I moved to Freedom, blue side, for the population.  I had one lvl 50 (artimiste- archery/tech blaster).  I closed my account just before NC-soft bought paragon.

With the release of GR, I returned to COH with @cosmic comix.  My still existing supergroup name from my previous account.  I forgot all my old account info and had lost the original game and key.  Luckily, I still had a few friends left from the old days to help reclaim my old super group.  With this account, thanks mostly to the MF's, I had a ton of 50's, and a bad case of altitis.  My main server was Virtue, but Freedom was a close 2nd.

Thank you Paragon, GM's, dev's, and players alike for a most enjoyable and *musing* experience.  The stories I've imagined for my characters, and other players stories, will live on in my memory.

bros402

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »
Hawt Earth here.

@megabros

megabros on the forums

I was on freedom a lot, but I did have a few heroes on Infinity and Virtue.

JunkyardWolf

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »
Junkyard Wolf checking in  ;)

Citizen Kane

• Underling
  • @strype
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
Not much for forums, but seeing how I have no choice now, if I want to stay a part of the community, here I am.

@Strype here, Mostly played on Virtue  5339 hours on main toon at zero hour (or so civilian NPCS said).

Dynamite Monkey

• Underling
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2012, 05:48:29 PM »
I was @Dynamite Monkey. I played mostly on Triumph, and started just before Issue 1 came out. My main was Flamesprite, a Fire/Fire blaster, and she was the very first character I ever created.

So depressed and angry right now. It's finally sinking in that I'll likely never get to play this game again.