Author Topic: CoX ROLL CALL  (Read 34898 times)

Pep Rally

• Boss
Re: CoX ROLL CALL
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
@Pep Rally  from Champion, partly Virtue, and a Tank on every server.

Irish Lass, Bangs, Winter Heart, Lava Flo, Mother Motherland, Model A, Machine Gal, Madder Rose, Ashen Riot, Dresden Doll, Hippity Boppity, Accupuncture, Brain Candy among others on champion

Freya Friedlander, Asteroid Man, Confederette, Daisy Chainsaw among others on virtue

Will be continuing the fight in Champions until CoH gets rezzed, or Plan Z happens.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »
Ashen Fury, KM/EA Scrapper from Justice.

Team Awesome Forever.

Still floored.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

UberBeer

• Underling
  • BlindFuse and Lidarius, of the Freedom Server
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 10:00:56 AM »
Lidarius reporting in. Peacebringer.

Representing several characters of repute, including BlindFuse, a Fire/Kin Troller that sadly never saw the end of CoX due to the restrictions from the new system.

Formerly of the Freedom Server

Eternally and forever stuck in the void where Atlas Park 33 once used to exist.

Tidbit

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
Tidbit here from Pinnacle, my main hero server. Played a lot also on Triumph. And some on Libery, Infinity, and Freedom.

Lace

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »
Lace of freedom server. also known as Pikachu/Pikavolt, Sharshen, MoonFox, Whiskers, VoidDragon(my only villain)But most importantly...Lace!
The final hours where great guys. Thanks :)

battlebooze

• Underling
  • Played COH on Freedom and Champions servers
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »
I started on Freedom, moved my play mostly to Champions though I still played on Freedom occasionally.

Crimson Bones, 50 dark/Elec brute, Freedom
Red Ruin, 50 Elec/Will Scrapper, Freedom
Deadchill, 50 Ice/Psionic Dom, Freedom
Gears of Iron, 50 Robots/Traps Mastermind, Freedom

Smoke Stalker / Crimson Crab,  50 SOA Crab. Got to 50 on Freedom, moved to Champions
Red Ruin (Again, I know!), 50 Titan weapon/Will,  Champions
Magma King, 50 Fire/Earth Dominator, Champions

And about 70 more alts, of much lesser play.  I'm glad I thought about this, given another week I might have forgotten some of them.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »
Pogoman from the Virtue server here. My globals were pogoman and pogoman2. on the coh forums I was pogothulu.

Klaw10

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »
@klaw and _klaw_ on the forums (always first on the list of who's online :))

I switched between Triumph and Freedom servers.

My favourite toon to play was Thool my faceless dark/dark corr.

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 10:29:09 AM »
Hotaru from the forums, @Hotaru in game. Hotaru, Cannibal Clown, Micro Jackson, and Sister Incinerator among others on Victory.

Here's to the greatest online community I've ever known!

Purgatori KillerkittyCat.

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
This may give the wrong impression that there are less people still interested than there are (I read somewhere the playerbase is around 15 million, but I can't find a source if anyone has? :)) since most people do not read forums - on 'star trek online' there is this post dated April 2010: "we have over 100,000 active players who do not post on the forums" from  when their total players was... around 100k... So, that's probably the most scifi/tech orientated online RPG{*} having 1% or less people posting on the forums, and instead keeping in touch more casually with a) ingame chat [obviously we can no longer count on that] b) facebook and alternatives (diaspora!!!) [very few people use twitter, it's a similar phenomenon to forums in that twitter and forum communities often kind of exist in a bubble from the rest unless say, the "normal" media reports on something in twitter - good for that, but shouldn't be relied on])

{*} (which I don't play cos it's well, just pretty boring really, tried it and it seems to be very much a "franchise game" trying to rely on people that are fans rather than how it was advertised as being genuinely *exploring* new worlds with rich stories and depth rather than just auto-generated grind, not endorsing it at all just using it as one of the few examples I can find of a games company officially admitting the people who actually engage with them are a minority)

Also you posted it in the General forum which doesn't really have much posting going on, I think most people have the Save Paragon one bookmarked since a lot of the subforums aren't really used and just clutter (that should probably get fixed) compared to the big active SAVE PARAGON CITY one that kinda stands out. :)

Anyway yeah, signing in :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:44:27 AM by Purgatori KillerkittyCat. »

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
@Lycantropus here.

Champion was my home

Heroes:

Lycantropus (duh), Armatura, Cap'n Ireland, Cold Case (v1, 2, and 3- it was power armor) Captain Kapow, Doctor Hu, ImpulseIV,  Nishighandi, Parsley Sage, Professor Leyline, Rift-Render, Surround-Sound, Gold Mettle (on my second account)

Villains:

Master Designer, Gevaudan, Apathea, Arbiter Golden, Da Joulez, Enflamed, Harpsychord, Hellion Hound, La Be'te, Lady Phoneutria, Mongo Jerry, Morganthus, Stripmine, T3h h4xx0r, 5ne4ky Phr34k (on my second account)

Vigilantes:

Bastion Blood, Dark Angel of Mercy, Gygabyte (on my second account), Kitsune, Knuckleduster

Rogues:

Dunkler Mitfahrer, Informancer, Stonewolf, Wiredwolf

Praetorians:

Lycantropos, Cold-Force, Counterfire, Mr Bombastic

If I ever ran with you, with few exceptions, ;) it was an honor.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »
@Atlantea     from Primarily Virtue server. (though a smattering of alts on Champion, Infinity, and Justice)

Mains:
Cyberman 8 - Scrapper - Martial Arts/Super Reflexes/Fighting Pool/Body Mastery
Movement Powers: Superspeed and Superleap
Notes: Cyberman 8 - if you saw him, and had been around in the early 60s or new enough anime history to spot the reference was nearly a straight homage to 8-Man (or to use his American sobriquet - "Tobor The Eighth Man").

He was created almost entirely as a result of the Samurai Costume Set that became available for Veterens in 2006. The "hat" brim sparked an old old memory when I was looking at it on a round helmet, and I evolved the rest of the costume from there and reference to old pics of the show.

He became so much more than that homage though. Something in him resonated with me. I came up with a complete backstory that dovetailed with his original concept and brought it forward in to Paragon City.

I thought about what it would be like to be the "ghost in the machine". A human mind - NOT an AI - residing in a "positronic matrix". I rejected the whole cyberpunk "angst" thing so prevalent in shows like "Ghost in the Shell". Reasoning that this is a 74 year old man who has gotten over any of that long ago. He's seen almost as much as Statesman. Including magic that reacts to him as a living being. He KNOWS he has a soul. He sees himself as human. If pressed, he'd concede he's using a "prosthetic body and brain".

I lavished concept details on how he worked. I created other costumes for him, but wore the original most often, and was surprised how many times someone would send me a tell complimenting me on the homage and not report me! In fact just in the last hours before shutdown I received a final compliment along the lines of "Congrats on rocking the 8-Man look for so many years!"

Kara Skye - Controller - Gravity Control / Kinetics / Psionic Mastery and Leadership Pool
Movement Power: Flight (Wings)
Notes: Kara was made because of a friends character from a table-top RPG. The striking thing about how that other character was portrayed was that the player took pains to role-play the downsides of having a 15+foot wingspan as well the advantages. I made Kara's look initially attempting to always keep her back free of clothing that would restrict her wings (later I relaxed that a little bit).

I also took the "realism" a little further. Even with a 15+ wingspan, she shouldn't be able to fly aerodynamically. I came up with the idea of her using some form of TK or Gravity powers to negate her mass and/or directing "pulses" of TK force downwards with her wings.

About the same time, I was playing Mass Effect, and the whole idea of Biotics combined with all of the above intersected. Thus she became a Gravity/Kinetics Controller. Which went completely against my usual tendencies of making melee-based characters. I struggled a bit with her in the early levels, but about the time she hit the mid 20s... WOW.

And when color tinting of powers became available, I re-colored all of her power effects a deep blue - matching the biotic effects from Mass Effect.

And I always took pains to never use any environmental emote that would intersect her wings with a wall or the floor. That 15+ ft wingspan is still as much of an inconvenience as it is a blessing. YOU try stuffing yourself into a compact car with those! Or sit in a normal chair, or go to a movie theater. On the other hand - FLIGHT.

And if she hugged you, she did so with both her arms AND her wings. ^_^

Lily the Diamond - Brute - Super Strength / Willpower / Mu Mastery
Movement power: Superleap
Notes: Lily has the distinction of being the only character I ever took full circle through the alignment process. Started as villain, went hero. Last 3 months I tried doing as much hero side content as I could with her, while taking her vigilante, final week before shutdown I took her back to Villain, and on the very Last Day - Nov 30th - she earned her final Alignment badge and then I nudged her right past and into Rogue status. I never thought of her as a hardened Villain, just someone who refused to adhere to anyone's rules but her own.)

Sassinak - Blaster - Dual Pistols / Energy Manipulation / Electrical Mastery
Movement Power: Technically none (she got around via Ninja Run/leap and temp jet packs and Rocket Board)
Notes: NOT an homage to the character from the Anne McCaffrey novel of the same name. I just liked the name and decided to use it on a character. Sass was my first and main Praetorian. Started as a Responsibility Loyalist and wound up leaning toward helping the saner parts of the resistance (the Wardens) at the end of the 1-20 Praetorian arc. I had a LOT of fun RPing the whole "responsibility versus power" angle. And mostly kept her consistent with a personal code of honor and service to others. I did allow her to do Mr. G's arc long enough to lay the smack-down on Reese. :) And she let Vanessa Devore escape from Mother Mayhem. She never encountered Katie Hannon until First Ward though.

Lora Doubet - Scrapper - Martial Arts / Invulnerability
Movement Power: Superleap
Notes: My very first character in COH ever. I pretty much retired her about the same time that Cyberman 8 was getting my attention, partly because invulnerability for scrapper was so gimped at the time, and I was having more fun with Super reflexes, and partly because of the next character below... 

Lora'lai - Kheldian Peacebringer - Luminous Blast / Luminous Aura
(Tri-form Peacebringer - Fully embracing the "shift to what's needed at the moment" versatility)
Movement: Kheldian Flight/Nova Flight/Dwarf Teleport
Notes: Lora'Lai was my first Kheldian, and I conceived her as the merging of Lora, above, with a Peacebringer. Some of my RP hooks I "borrowed" liberally from Jadzia Dax from DS9 in terms of young/old personality/experiences.

Others:
Startracker Zero - Energy/Energy/Munitions Mastery
Kamen Rider Blade - Willpower/Dual Blades

The above two were vague homages to Samus Aran and the Kamen Rider series. But only in a general way. There is actually a "Kamen Rider Blade" character and show, but mine wasn't designed to directly reference that character or any other Kamen Rider character. Instead KR Blade was a general riff on the whole genre in terms of his costumes.

Neither Zero or KR Blade were meant as RP characters. They were utility characters mainly useful for helping other people accomplish stuff.

Then there some characters I made specifically as jokes.

There was "Burning Sensation" the Fire/Fire scrapper who looked like a Power Puff girl in her teens and whose singing idol career was derailed by a trip to Paragon when she got in a series of events that gave her her powers. Her manager pulled an almost "Ascendant's Uncle Saul" level of goof in helping her choose her superhero name. Neither of them were native speakers of the English language, and "Burning Sensation" sounded cool to them (she's from Japan.)  Slight cultural oversight there. And the spawn of an INCREDIBLE amount of puns and entendre from my Supergroup whenever I played her - to the point that she died more often because I WAS LAUGHING TOO HARD TO SEE!

[Team] Burning Sensation.: ((STAMINA! FULLY SLOTTED!!! YES!!!)
[Team] CAPTAIN ALTITIS: [Burning Sensation. IT keeps going and going and going...]
[Team] Gamma Emission: [the burning sensation will last forever]
[Team] Burning Sensation.: ((Damn your eyes, I'm getting high on the oxygen debt...))

I also made "The Stig" from Top Gear. Who made many appearances at DJ Valor's show from The Cape Radio.

And there was "Dr. Stephan Fayte" - who really was "just a gifted surgeon, and nothing more!" 

(And I couldn't BELIEVE that name was actually available on Virtue server and that I thought of snagging it first! I had fun occasionally wandering into the "D" on that character and going around thanking all of the superheroes who had rescued "Me" in that radio mission in Peregrine Island. :D)

Those are just the ones that pop to the forefront of my head at this hour after an emotional night and not enough sleep. Overall across the servers I had FIFTY (50) distinct and unique characters (not counting a few duplicates of Cyberman 8 and a couple of others like Lora'Lai rolled on different servers back before server transfers were available). Many of them were little more than a unique costume looking for a character hook before I could really play them. Some of them were created and then never played past level 5 or so.

PzTnT

• Minion
  • Was @Som3one
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 11:20:10 AM »
@Som3one here, from Union.

Used to play a lot on trials so if you have done trials on Union you have probably seen me.

Q'uanix - Peacebringer
Som3one - Rad/Nrg/Fire Blaster
Mr. Mordus Demon/Therm Mastermind
Hydrofreeze - Water/Ice/Ice Blaster
Dominix Mk. II - Bots/Forcefield Mastermind
Dominix Mk. III - Beam/Rad Corruptor
Test subject 004 - Huntsman SoA
Mal'ak - Kin melee/Ninjitsu Stalker
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:43:20 PM by PzTnT »

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »
@Shadowe and @Shadowe2 (which was formerly both @Luminescence and @Corpos) from Union server, owner of Shadowe, and far to many bit-part roleplaying toons that I never had the heart to get rid of (I'm looking at you, Clarissa Stone, Andrew Martin, Helena H Mk. 1, 2, 2.1 and 4, Richard Huntington, Andrea Huntington, Samantha Huntington, Sam Huntington, Sammy Huntington, Julie Slater, Kara Sloane and... this could go on a while, and yes, I did have three characters who were not only the same person but had the same powersets).

Lurking as usual, but I come here every day.

Paragon City Forever.

You can find me on twitter using my "other" Internet handle - @Chemlak
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »
@ohmsEU and @ohms 2, mainly Union with some Defiant thrown in for good measure :)

blastor

• Underling
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
Blastor here, proud member of Union since day 1 of the European launch.

The game manual said find an easy name for your toon so people can easily remember. Well, my first toon was a blaster and I was so anxious to play :)...

Sparky

• Minion
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »
The Spectacular Sparky from Virtue signing in. Too many alts to list but Sparky was my first and most played character.

Lady Luck

• Minion
  • Formerly of the Victory server
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
@Lady Luck was my global.
Victory was my main server altho I started on Justice and played a smattering of other servers.

My level 50s

Guardian Server
Elementalinator - elec/mental manip blaster

Justice Server
E'Lan - elec/fire blaster

Liberty Server
Mercury Midnite - kin/dark defender
Pure Damage - fire/fire blaster

Victory Server (bolded toons are my most recent 50s and I may have played with you)
Amethyst Shade - Kheldian warshade
Crystal Glow - ice/rad controller
Demon Dominatrix - demon/pain dom mastermind
Flight of Fantasy - illusion/empathy controller
Flora H2O - water blast/nature affinity corrupter
Full-Quiver - archery/ice blaster
Hothouse Flower - plant/thermal controller
Kitty Fantastico - claws/super reflexes scrapper
Lady Danu - earth/kinetics controller
LitterBug - gravity/storm controller
Lucky Bullets - dual pistols/devices blaster
Melody Force - sonics/energy blaster
Mercury Midnight - kin/dark defender
Ondee Bubble - force field/rad defender
Pay-Back - willpower/fire tank
Pure Damage - fire/fire blaster
Quicksilver Flame - fire/kin corrupter
Re'lan - elec/fire blaster
Slicey Dicey - dual blades/willpower scrapper
Sweet Time - beam rifle/time manip corrupter
Willow DeWisp - empathy/rad defender
I found the crappy town where I'm the hero!
But then NCSoft took it away :(

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
@minotaur here (and a few on @mino2), characters on every server, 250+ of them, nearly 90 50s. Best known as:

Mr Minotaur on Freedom, my first 50 something like 3rd Jan 05 - Stone/axe tank
Black Hole Sun on Protector, my first 40 villain when it stopped there, never did hit 50 - dark/thermal corruptor
Your ex from hell on Pinnacle, energy/invul brute
Spinifex devil and Ronin-ko on Virtue, spines/dark and Katana/SR scrappers
No brain no pain on Justice, fire/psi dominator, my first purpled out permadom
Death crackle on Justice, a marketeering project, zero to a pimped out 50 with a base and 3BN in the bank in 6 weeks - Elec/nrg stalker
Yeti's bride on Victory, ice/MM blaster
T0wer of p0wer on Victory, elec/shield scrapper, the only toon I got hybrid unlocked on and I T4 hybrided 3 hours before shutdown
Baron von Tollbooth on Victory, DA/stone tank, yes dark armor can tank
Tweenage rampage on Justice then transferred to defiant for the EU player meet DP/elec blaster and sort of Hit-Girl knockoff

And my final favourite toon only created 5 days ago, finished at 50+2 and played like crazy for the final week, a martial arts/shield scrapper called Kinda Lingers. Now the name may raise a smile, but it has more significance than the obvious to Brits of a certain age. A much loved satirical TV show in the UK (Not the 9 o'clock news which had its origins in an early 1980s journalist strike so there was no BBC news, it launched the career of Rowan Atkinson amongst others) finished its final episode with a song called (the memory) kinda lingers which can be found on Youtube, and it seemed somehow appropriate to make the toon.

I was a proud leader (with @ace who posts here as AceSteveC) of Eurocore, a network of SGs of European based players on Victory. We had something like 6 full SG/VGs at one stage, and 24 people logged on in Eurocore's global chat channel as the servers went down, several of whom had played all night to the 8am our time shutdown.   

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:23:34 PM by Minotaur »

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
I was @Kistulot - and if you recognize that name you probably know my only real character, Sarah "Argent Girl" LaSilvas. I started on virtue, and I mapserved on virtue the last time. But...

Argent Girl       - Elec/elec Brute
Argent-Girl       - Elec/elec Blaster
Argent-Aegis    - Elec/shield Scrapper (it was an electric shield!)
Argentia           - Humanform Peacebringer
Domina Argenti - Elec/Elec Dominator (Praetorian version! Long story . . . )

I had planned to have Silver-Girl (I always wanted Silver Girl, but it'd been taken since i12 when I first started forever ago - curse you @Pixy! Unless you're really nice. Then sorry.) as an Elec/FF Controller, but that fell through because I am TERRIBLE at using control powers properly. Always have been. Always will be.
Woo! - Argent Girl