Author Topic: SO what is everybody gonna go to now  (Read 33843 times)

Stratoburst

• Minion
Re: SO what is everybody gonna go to now
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 09:04:44 AM »
I'm....(gonna get flames for this...)...Play Guild Wars 2.

HERETIC!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist....  ;D

Shaz

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 09:48:13 AM »
I was playing The Secret World before Black Friday, and I still do. It's unique & different enough to keep my interest for a while, plus the influx of CoX players has made my heart warm.

As I usually play more than one MMO (CoX+something), I'm debating on what my second will be. I have been testing Vanguard off and on for a while, and it hits all the EQ nostalgia notes for me, but I'm not sure if I'll stay there unless I can find a guild or group of people to interact with regularly. I might try Star Trek Online, as I've always been a bit of a Trekkie, and I like hearing that there is a CoX sub-community there as well. I'm not sure about Champions, as I've tried it a couple of times but it's never really sparked for me.

For now, though, I'm a bit to despondent to actively search for another MMO. I can't really fill the CoX-shaped hole in my heart with anything, so I think I've gotta let that heal a bit.   :-\

Galaxia

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
I will continue playing Lord of the Rings online my other MMO. I play on a RP server there is a good community there and the kinship i am is is a good one.

I will miss COH a lot but Lord of the Rings online will help to ease the pain.

seaborndan

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »
The superhero genre drew me into CoH going on 8 years ago and two accounts.  Staying away from CO and DCUO as they are NOT CoH rebounders.  Started SWTOR using Jedi Covenant server and have other former CoH players there also.

Greenstalker

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »
I will be on TSW and SWTOR for a while. I have lifetime in CO so I will keep checking on it time to time. I am tempted to try Vanguard since it looks like it has an interesting system. I am also waiting for Repopulation since it seems to be closest thing to SWG (pre-nge) I will try Wildstar Online just because it looks interesting but not keeping hopes high

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »
Currently running on FFXI, waiting for FFXIV:ARR to be up so I can jump to that once more. If that doesn't work out? I've got nothing, unfortunately.
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »
Nothing.

Seriously, I am not a fan of MMOs or even superheroes in general.  But I loved this game.
*shrug*

Oh well, back to prepping to run my Amber game in a few hours.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
This weekend I'll be playing some Firefall. After that some SWTOR for the PvE, some Planetside 2 for the PvP. I would like to try TSW but I think I'll wait until it goes f2p.

PzTnT

• Minion
  • Was @Som3one
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
Me ill be playing CO most likley, having too much fun with the SG i found there.
Ill probably try TSW soon as well, got it during the steam sale.

elbastardo66

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
I have gone back to SW:ToR.  Figured I would give it a real chance this time, after I got over my anger and sadness that came about a week after I reupped my VIP status with CoH.  Community wise, nothing like CoH, but gameplay wise, not bad.  Until Disney buys us, or the Phoenix Rises, thats where I will be. 

Anyway, if anyone is an Imperial on Shadowlands in SW:ToR, look for Rated R., or send us a message at Rated-R.enjin.com.  The community is what we miss most about CoH, no other game has been the same.

DoctorHugh

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
The Secret World. Eluminaughty on Grim.

I gave Secret World a whirl also, in fact I think I saw you on Grim and sent you a message complimenting the name.  :)  This would be about a month ago.

Secret World is pretty cool and engaging, only problem is the need to purchase and sub to play, but lots of us COX'ers have gone there.

Currently giving Secret World a short break while I try out:

1) Champions Online - looks decent, I would say its got the closest to 'CoX' feel, although as we know it's not going to be close *enough*.

2) World of Tanks - been at this for a year, Free2Play mostly, its not at all a substitute for CoX but it IS great, adrenalin-thumping combat action, so it makes for a good distraction while you are feeling bummed.

3) MechWarrior Online - another combat game, trying to like this one, somehow its not clicking for me yet but it is still in Beta. Can be a lot of fun at times tho!

4) I let my poor LotRO chars languish for too long while playing CoH and WoT, so will fire those back up again and see how the game looks (is it still only gorgeous, or is it now ULTRA-gorgeous?).

I hear Everquest and EQ2 both have F2P options now, I was a huge EQ addict back in the day (2000-2001ish) so I may try and look up the old passwords and give those a try.

As other people have suggested, I will probably get around to giving STO and SW:TOR a try, have read good reviews on them.

(GW2? Not even if you paid me to play and threatened to skin my eyeballs if I didn't.)

Keeping an eye on all the 'resurrect CoH' threads, have sent a couple letters, signed the petition, and looking for other options. Not sure where I will end up so will be watching for new developments.

Hugs to all and good journeys to ya!

Doctor Hugh
(MadBadger on WoT/MWO/some others)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:42:26 PM by DoctorHugh »

Mewkychan

• Underling
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 04:07:18 PM »
The games I WILL play now, having tested them:
     Champions Online
     Star Wars: The Old Republic

The games I have tried but which don't interest me any more:
     World of Warcraft
     Guild Wars 1 and 2
     The Secret World
     Any NCSoft game
The reason for abandoning WoW and GW is that I'm burnt out on swords & sorcery stuff for a while. Might pick up WoW in the indefinite "later."

AkuTenshiiZero

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »
Even before the announcement for CoX closing I was looking into other MMOs, and I found Allods Online to be a nice little gem.  I like to say it's "All the WoW flavor without the WoW calories", a nice Russian-made MMO which looks alot like WoW on the surface, but has a whole lot more going on for the end game.  Worth looking into if you are into fantasy with a dash of magitech.  Free to play too.  I'm also messing around with other, single-plyaer games (Borderlands 2, the Assassin's Creed collection, I picked up a copy of Final Fantasy XII even) and some "quickie" multiplayer games (Killing Floor, Team Fortress 2, League of Legends).

But the biggest games I'm looking forward to are on the horizon: Phantasy Star Online 2 and Starbound.  I played PSO religiously before I got into CoX, so it's only fitting that I return to my original obsession, with at least one returning guildmate backing me up.  Though that one seemed to suffer form some serious tech issues when I played the Japanese beta, hopefully it will be improved when it hits the US.  Starbound promises to be awesome too, though probably not going to be a very long experience.  Still, Terraria was one of the best games I've ever played so a spiritual sequel gets my day-one purchase.

But even with all these games at my disposal, and many more that I've got lying by the wayside waiting for me to pick them up again, it's never going to fill that gap.  CoX was special, so unique and damn near perfection.  My only remaining hope is that some day the stars align and somebody realizes what a gold mine NCSoft just threw away, and revives the IP for another go.

On that note, there is one thing that I've been wanting to know since the shutdown was announced and haven't been able to find an answer:  Does anyone know what Positron is going to be doing now?  Because frankly, the man has my undying loyalty, and I'll happily jump onto whatever he gets involved with.

Heraclea

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
I have been playing Age of Conan off and on since 2008, and for the past year and a half or so it probably has been my main MMO.  This had issues at launch, but has matured into a fairly deep and content rich game.  I have several max level characters there: Heraclea, Haboob, Nhutruong, Hippolyte, Turandot, Ursamaior, Grignette.  I belong to an old, established, drama-free, light RP guild there (The Shadow Company) that is looking for new blood; if you are interested sign up and leave a note.   Free to play is not too annoying for a glorified trial there.  After CoH this is my favorite MMO. 

I had just started in on TSW (Heraclea, Illuminati, Arcadia server) and mean to head back there for a bit.  I started shortly after the announcement and played for a while but got bogged down in Blue Mountain.

I also have an active account on SW:TOR, but don't play it there.  May go back and see if they ever fixed the levelling experience for Jedi Knights.  Grignette is my main. 

If somebody comes up with an online game where you can create multiple concept characters on all servers and choose their appearance when made, let me know. 

DamianoV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
I've always had my hands in multiple MMOs, even while CoH was up and active: currently TSW, CO, and DCUO will get some of the time CoH was getting.  Beyond that, MMORPG.com has a list a half-mile long.

Independently, I will second that Allods Online as an interesting little diversion.  As with most new games, finding a way into the community is the challenging part... after that, the luster of the game becomes more apparent.   If anyone is/has set up a CoH Exiles comm channel in any of these games, here would be a good place to let us know...

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »
Mostly, I'll probably be on SWTOR as I have some RL friends on it, and it's not that bad of a game. Occasionally, I'll hop into CO, DCUO, STO (nice having all these free games), EVE, and/or WoW.

naztmann

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
I am also one of those heading over to, or I guess I should say back to STO. I did enjoy the game, but left it after my real life friends stopped playing. I'll be looking up the CoX group that is there to find my fellow heroes and villains.

And I agree that Starbound looks great. When it comes out, maybe we can get up a Titan Network server for us to play together on.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:05 AM »
Currently trying out the City of Steam beta.  Browser based but 3D.  Controls are driving me nuts because you only have WASD for forward, backwards and strafing.  To turn you must use the mouse.  I'm so use to using the arrow keys to move and the left-right keys turned you not strafe you from CoH.  No way to assign keys or turn off mouse look.

Some items you pick up when you walk over them, some you must click on.

Crafting panel is not obvious.  Stores aren't marked.  Teaming is mandatory in most missions.  It will cost you an arm and a leg to get better weapons since all the ones I've gotten from drops are actually worse than my starting one.

However there are lots of people running all over the place.  Reminds me of the old days.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 01:52:49 AM »
Back to WoW for now, waiting for Final Fantasy XIV to come out or for CoH to return.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Silverblade

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 03:39:48 AM »
I'm still on WoW.  I still have active accounts on CO and TSW but those worlds haven't hooked me.

I am looking forward to EQNext and FF XIV.  I might give Vanguard another try since it's F2P now.