Author Topic: Package Idea: Statesman Mickey  (Read 11649 times)

Graphite

• Lieutenant
Package Idea: Statesman Mickey
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »
Greetings all,

I'm sure by now everyone has heard about Task Force Hail Mary.  What we need to do now is prove to the Disney leadership that we are a passionate, devoted fan base that is worth a sound investment.  While I encourage all to send personal letters and participate in any ideas that come up, what we need to do is really hit them where it counts: Their Pocketbooks.

So, my wife and I propose is to send the Disney Management as many Statesman Mickeys as we can.  The idea is to build off the momentum of submitting Capes and Masks to NCSoft, but now to send our hard earned money to our new hopeful home.  If we can send a hundred Statesman Mickeys over the next hundred days, it will stand as a powerful statement of good faith from us the player community.  For those who do not know much about my wife and I, I have been a 10 year member of the City of Heroes Community and my wife is a former costumer at Disney Orlando.  She made this beautiful costume of me for Statesman and I went to the NYC Comic Con to garner support from the Superheroed Community.

The plan is for you during this Holiday Season to purchase a Small Mickey Mouse Plush -- 12'' H from the Disney Store currently on sale for $10 and she at a small cost to you (target is about $10, which includes material and shipping to your address) will make a small wearable Statesman Mask and Cape for your purchase.  From there you can mail it to your Exec of choice in full City of Heroes Regalia.

This is a Win Win for us and Disney.  The fight is now ours to be lost or had.  As my main would say: "Remember, the Future is never set in stone."

I'll see you again in the City,

Jeffrey Graphite Martinez
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:49:28 AM by Graphite »

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: Package Idea: Statesman Mickey
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »
This is a good idea. I was planning on drawing a Statesman Mickey to send with my letters. Perhaps people who cannot afford the doll and costume can at least do that.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
It'd be interesting to do a KH-style image of the major Disney icons cosplaying as the figures normally headlining the major box art for CoH. Stateman Mickey, Positron Donald, Miss Liberty Minnie, etc.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:58 PM »
It'd be interesting to do a KH-style image of the major Disney icons cosplaying as the figures normally headlining the major box art for CoH. Stateman Mickey, Positron Donald, Miss Liberty Minnie, etc.

That's a really good idea.  I wish I was a better artist.  I might try it anyway.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
What if it was a simple icon:  The Statesman star/hero emblem with the iconic mouse ears?  I'm at work and lack tools to do it on this machine, but...
Beware the mighty faceplant!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »
just be careful making and selling those things.

Disney can be very touchy when it comes to that mouse.

(from observed experience.)

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 12:21:31 AM »
What if it was a simple icon:  The Statesman star/hero emblem with the iconic mouse ears?  I'm at work and lack tools to do it on this machine, but...

That sounded like a cute idea...

But I don't know if they're ready to see a mashup of CoH with the beloved ears yet.

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »
You have a couple of days left to create iconic Disney characters in the game's costume creator and grab screenies, (esp the Disney Princesses), just to show how flexible the game already is.  Not just their cartoon charcters either, but I bet you could make versions of The Wizards of Waverly Place, or other shows from the Disney channel. :)

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23:21 AM »

But I don't know if they're ready to see a mashup of CoH with the beloved ears yet.

Gonna say that is a win right there. Very nice!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 12:50:31 AM »
And next up: a bunch of heroes photo-shopped into the Magic Kingdom, all wearing random pieces of cliche tourist attire?

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 01:23:56 AM »
And next up: a bunch of heroes photo-shopped into the Magic Kingdom, all wearing random pieces of cliche tourist attire?

Are you tempting me?  ;)

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 01:52:53 AM »

What about adding the Praetorian Emblem and Arachnos token to the other ears? That way it's showcasing the entire game.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 01:53:17 AM »
You have a couple of days left to create iconic Disney characters in the game's costume creator and grab screenies, (esp the Disney Princesses), just to show how flexible the game already is.  Not just their cartoon charcters either, but I bet you could make versions of The Wizards of Waverly Place, or other shows from the Disney channel. :)
[/b]

THIS!

[/b]

AND THIS!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 07:34:26 AM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

BryanSnowden

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »
I'll go one better,
I'll Double-Dog-Dare you to do it!

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »
What about adding the Praetorian Emblem and Arachnos token to the other ears? That way it's showcasing the entire game.
I think that might make it too busy, and the asymmetry would be unpleasant. Better to do two more Mouse Ears images, one for each of them.

Also, KH parody: Goofy with the Paragon Shield, Dark Mickey in Arachnos symbols/colors, and Praetorian Wizard Donald.

BryanSnowden

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »
Shouldn't a there be an NCsoft/Scrooge McDuck?

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
You do not want to compliment NCSoft that way. Scrooge McDuck is one of the most awesome and stealth badass characters in the Disney franchise. Seriously, read the Young Scrooge McDuck comics for an idea of just how awesome this duck is, and remember that when he's pressed to it, he still can be that awesome. He just doesn't have to be most of the time, since he's made his fortune and does more by investing it wisely.

Quinch

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »

Nah. I'm not that familiar with the ducks, but I always pegged Scrooge to be a Cool Old Guy type - not to mention that he's completely self-made.