Author Topic: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM  (Read 177346 times)

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Re: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
Should we let them know how much we absolutely loved this game...

And played it during the very early years of gaming supporting the Disney brand? :D
Wow, I had completely forgotten about that one! O.O
Fond memories indeed though!

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
My dad works at Disneyland, and when I saw that blue image with the merge of the CoH and Walt Disney logos I was wondering if I should try to talk him into using it as the wallpaper on the tablet he takes to work with him. I will also do my best to get a couple letters written up in my atrocious hand writing and send them off.

If you need it in a different size, let me know!

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »
Found this, but I can't find the video that shows each instance of AP in sequence.

You really should find a way to send that video to the Disney folks with an explanation that each of those characters was a player and they all showed up to rally in support of City when they heard it was closing AND they would come back too if they had the chance.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »
You really should find a way to send that video to the Disney folks with an explanation that each of those characters was a player and they all showed up to rally in support of City when they heard it was closing AND they would come back too if they had the chance.

Cheap flash drives?  Or write out the link to the video in the letter?
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:30 PM »
A random thought for those that are doing all of these graphics tying COH and Disney imagery. Has anyone thought about putting together an image with "bat signal" style spotlight of the mouse icon shining above Atlas Park? Kind of like Paragon City is calling for the Mouse.

It just popped in my head and thought I would share. :)
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »

pictures

... twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was to be used as evidence against us...

Sorry, that was my very first thought here.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2012, 11:25:32 PM »
/em holdtorch

BryanSnowden

• Minion
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »

And while on most forums - I'd normally say, "well most people here probably don't/won't get that" - then I remembered just where I was & realized way more people got that (say percentage wise) than they would on some other game forums. 8)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2012, 12:20:33 AM »
Yeah, I had to stop and think about it for a sec. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Zapping

• Underling
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2012, 12:33:19 AM »
I've been out of touch due to my work schedule, but I saw the post Alty put on the RO Boards and wrote some letters tonight.  I'll stick them in the mail tomorrow morning.

I love it!  Appropriate around Thanksgiving too.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2012, 01:27:05 AM »

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:18 AM »
And, as far as this entire project goes, the following comes to mind....

Fred Gailey: Your Honor, every one of these letters is addressed to Santa Claus. The Post Office has delivered them. Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Governent, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus.
Judge Henry X. Harper: Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to be Santa Claus, this court will not dispute it. Case dismissed.

IN a way, this is what we're trying to do.

we're not dead yet and, in comics, nobody stays dead forever.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2012, 03:29:04 AM »
Star Trek Fans convinced NASA to rename a Space Shuttle with a letter writing campaign.

It is possible to change the mind of the government with enough letters.

We can do this.  Just keep the campaign going.

Get friends involved on FB or Pinterest or Twitter.

Right now, the best thing we can do is get the Save CoH Campaign noticed.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2012, 05:16:57 AM »
Just came to my mind.

If we get the Mouse's ear but NCsoft still won't sell.  Do you think they be willing to fund Plan Z? 

Due to me being busy in reality I haven't wrote any letters that my goal December 1st at 12:01 AM.  Till then my free time be spent saying goodbye.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:55 AM »
I just watched "The Incredibles" again recently, and I couldn't help noticing how much Municiberg (from the opening scene) and Metroville (from the climactic battle) look like Paragon City... or should I say, the way it would have looked in CoH2, if NCsoft had had the sense to back that project. Or maybe they just look similar because they're all computer-generated and I'm just imagining the resemblance. (I'm not suggesting there was any influence either way; "The Incredibles" came out around the time of CoH's launch and Paragon City's look was long since set.) At any rate it's very cool to see how Paragon City could look in digital "real life".

And a note to future devs, whether at Disney (or elsewhere) for a hypothetical CoH2, my cohorts at Plan Z, or a yet-to-be-imagined superhero MMO project: The scene where they crash-land the Winnebago on the elevated freeway and have to make their exit at 120 mph? That's what Skyway City is supposed to look like. The final battle where they defeat the Omnidroid? That's what Steel Canyon is supposed to look like.

The Incredibles has a very special place in my heart - On our wedding day, my husband and I went to see it in the theater as part of our honeymoon.

I may be able to get my kids to write letters. I'll certainly be sending them a fairly heartwrenching pitch to buy it.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2012, 05:34:28 AM »
I've been selling as hard as I can on the teams I've played with on Champion, tonight. Every little bit helps, right? People are already aware of this, but they think it's just another rumor.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Olantern

• Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2012, 07:31:15 AM »
And, as far as this entire project goes, the following comes to mind....

Fred Gailey: Your Honor, every one of these letters is addressed to Santa Claus. The Post Office has delivered them. Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Governent, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus.
Judge Henry X. Harper: Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to be Santa Claus, this court will not dispute it. Case dismissed.

Several times since the shutdown announcement, I've thought of Judge Harper's intoning, "Before making its ruling, this Court has consulted the highest authority available."  (William Frawley.)

True story: When I taught clinic, I showed the entire trial sequence of Miracle on 34th Street as an example of how to structure an argument to support a client's conception of his case.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »
I've been selling as hard as I can on the teams I've played with on Champion, tonight. Every little bit helps, right? People are already aware of this, but they think it's just another rumor.

I have found it hard to sell this idea.  While Team Wildcard's pitch to Disney IS being discussed on various server chat channels, what's said is often not supportive or  more precisely met with mixed reactions.  Additionally, none of my non gamer friends will write, nor will many of the players I'm still in contact with who would (i think) return to CoH - many of them did the whole range, everything from e-petitions to physical letters, capes and masks to NCSoft, CNN iReport, Twitter, etc.  They're feeling defeated and emotionally cutting their losses.  They're also still stinging from having the rug pulled out from under them, with a few vowing never to do MMO gaming again.

I'm hopeful that Wildcard's presentation package was sufficiently strong on it's merits alone that Disney will consider it, even without an avalanche of mail.  Perhaps each letter actually sent represents more like 50, rather than the usual 1:10 or 1:20 ratio.  Sorry for the bad news.  Hoping others have met with more success than I.

P.S.  Thanks again, Team Wildcard!  Whether it works or not, you done great!!  I'll keep doing my individual best.  I probably won't check forums again until after the shut down.  Maybe i'll see you in-game.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
So, then, it's a question of how we can re-energize them for at least one more push. I know defeatism and depression and exhaustion are all major factors, but we need to convince people who've already put their time into it that their time wasn't wasted - it's only wasted if they give up.

Maybe ask each one to just write a short paragraph about their feelings, about what they have already tried to do, about the time and money and effort they've already invested in saving this game? Ask them for a paragraph about how they would feel if the game were restored, what they'd do.

Ask them to write and sign it, and then you mail it if they won't or can't. Those of us still energetic enough for this, maybe buy pre-addressed and -stamped postcards or envelopes to offer to people if they'll just write a letter to put in them. I know somebody has made special envelopes with a special design; maybe offering physical ones, pre-addressed and -stamped, might encourage those flagging to make the one-more-effort?

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »
I was considering making our Statesmouse into postcards.