Author Topic: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images  (Read 111194 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2013, 05:13:44 AM »
Nice photoshop of the Google maps view.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »
:: Cackles! :: I have taught you well, my little hellraisers! Laugh with me -- mwah hahahaha!

Seriously, good stuff.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2013, 11:43:43 AM »
I'm a bit late I think, but I'd have to say it's from the movie Van Helsing, when the villagers try to destroy Frankenstein and his creator.

To which Frankenstein demands with a mighty bellow as his creator lay dying, 'WHY?!?!?!' ...They have no answer.

EDIT: and nooo, I didn't browse through any responses to try and copy them if they got it right.  :P

Further edit: My favorite line in that movie is where the priest is trying to send Frankenstein to his death...and Frankenstein resists.

The priest goes..'But you're supposed to die!'

Frankenstein... 'I want to live!'
LadyShin,  I love your work and your mind!  You have beautiful insight.  re: why? i have to go old school to the Bronski Beat (hope there are other hipsters here who enjoy this and/or get the reference):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzA-V0YN3QA warning: this original video contains religious imagery as the incomparable Jimmy Somerville asks the quintessential question: Why?
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »
I know, it's weak.

Au contraire, monsieur   This image is not at all weak; rather it reminds me forcibly of 1950's post-WW2 USA science fiction.  People had been star-gazing for centuries if not millennia.  You guys all remember Cyrano de Bergerac's famous tale of traveling to the moon centuries before humankind got there (hello, Apollo 11); in much the same way speculative fiction of the 1950's, that "out there" stuff, fueled an entire generation to make that Journey and transformed a Cold War into a Space race - infinitely preferable to global nuclear sepaku.  Thus i'd say, FatherXmas, that your image is rather strong....
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »

Powerful image there, Blondeshell!!  That ought to be devastating, assuming of course that the younger people remember anything as far back as the 1970's.   ;)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2013, 12:11:30 PM »
:: Cackles! :: I have taught you well, my little hellraisers! Laugh with me -- mwah hahahaha!

Seriously, good stuff.
Absolutely, Colette!!  Thanks for teaching we little ones:  (clears throat) draws breath  *remembers a vague something muttered by a Theatre & Dance student-teacher once about supporting the voice from the diaphragm*   BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me play, Titans.  This is almost as much fun as CoH!!   8)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »
Looks like El Paso
gosh, i never thought about where Lucas was photographing his images.  Colloquialism, like Hogwarts, might be anywhere...    ;)

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2013, 04:43:18 PM »
"This is almost as much fun as CoH!"

Oh, not even close. But NCSoft has crossed a moral line for me, and made themselves valid targets. I'm happy to tell any and everyone that NCSoft is to MMOs what strip-miners are to the environment -- greedy, unfeeling and destructive.

"I never thought about where Lucas was photographing his images."

The small north African nation of Tunisia served as Tattooine for Star Wars. Lucas stayed local with the Mojave for Return of the Jedi.

The interior of Luke's homestead (the pit where he ate dinner with his uncle and aunt) is actually a hotel, still in existence and would have been used again for the prequels, if the prequels actually existed in my world. Fortunately, they do not. In my dimension The Matrix has no sequels, nor have any Alien sequels appeared since the eighties. It's a better world, and you're all welcome to join me here.

Quinch

« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2013, 04:55:07 PM »

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2013, 06:59:48 PM »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »

Thank you as always, LadyShin.  I cannot imagine a better more skilled actor than Hugo Weaving to show an audience one version of a superbeing.  When i think of Elrond of Rivendell, Agent Smith and Anthony Belrose/Mitzi Del Bra i gain a sense for our species potential as well as a sense of civilization and history.  Speculative Sci Fi unto the Edges of Space-Time.  /em Holdtorch

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »
http://xkcd.com/566/
*Rolls On Floor, Laughing*  Man, Quinch, that was funny!    8)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »
"This is almost as much fun as CoH!"

Oh, not even close. But NCSoft has crossed a moral line for me, and made themselves valid targets. I'm happy to tell any and everyone that NCSoft is to MMOs what strip-miners are to the environment -- greedy, unfeeling and destructive.

"I never thought about where Lucas was photographing his images."

The small north African nation of Tunisia served as Tattooine for Star Wars. Lucas stayed local with the Mojave for Return of the Jedi.

The interior of Luke's homestead (the pit where he ate dinner with his uncle and aunt) is actually a hotel, still in existence and would have been used again for the prequels, if the prequels actually existed in my world. Fortunately, they do not. In my dimension The Matrix has no sequels, nor have any Alien sequels appeared since the eighties. It's a better world, and you're all welcome to join me here.
Thank you, Colette, for the fascinating details as well as glimpse into your world.  I'd be delighted to join you there.  yeah, it's a shame The Matrix had no sequels; there was such potential there, as in Neo's last statement via phone to The Matrix:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/quotes?qt0324278

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2013, 07:18:02 AM »
Wow... I just need to free-associate around Lady Shin and she comes up with cool imagery.

Hmm, let's try it: Casablanca, Cheshire Cat, Chocolate Rain.  ;)

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »
Thank you as always, LadyShin.  I cannot imagine a better more skilled actor than Hugo Weaving to show an audience one version of a superbeing.  When i think of Elrond of Rivendell, Agent Smith and Anthony Belrose/Mitzi Del Bra i gain a sense for our species potential as well as a sense of civilization and history.  Speculative Sci Fi unto the Edges of Space-Time.  /em Holdtorch

Although...

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »
Although...

You seem to be leading a double-life Mister Baggins.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2013, 12:45:57 AM »
CohTitan: We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky. At the time, they were dependent on solar power. It was believed they would be unable to survive without an energy source as abundant as the sun.

NCSoft: We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known terrorist to justice.

CohTitan: Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger

8)

CohTitan: And you give me my phone call.
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2013, 06:15:53 AM »
This one is a much-expanded version of a couple that appeared earlier in the thread. I think it pretty much covers all the bases, and I was surprised at how well it fit the tone and rhythmic cadence of the original material.

Edit: Links to original press releases, news articles, etc.

Note: Please don't include the images if you quote this post so it doesn't kill my hosting bandwidth.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:45:13 PM by Blondeshell »

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:48 AM »
very well done blondeshell, that was trully amazing, and your right, that whole scene really does fit this unusually well