Author Topic: thank the gms ?  (Read 16134 times)

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
Re: thank the gms ?
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »
...we'll never know just who that masked rae really is...

Hmmm...
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »
Hokay.

A bit scared now. Apparently there are 160 people in the Austin office.

Favoured eating places amongst the staff are NXNW, or Z tejas. But now we're talking twice as many people as the Devs and I'm guessing around a 2k price?

Austin Pizza is the pizza joint of choice .

I'm not sure how people feel about chipping in for that many people, since I suspect between extra life,  humble, nycc and a potential crowd sourced ad in the near future?
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »
 :o

That's... quite a few.

I guess we take a vote?

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:27 AM »
Yeah, he said that when he started adding in IT people, GMs, HR people and all the rest of it who'd been involved in one way or another with COH it started to get complicated.

But I appreciate that it's a lot of people and a lot of money, and with everyone else going on, people might not have the funds to crowdsource another lunch. Particularly as it went from around $50 to..what I'd imagine to be the $2000 mark. I'm not sure.

I used to be indecisive...
--
@Vandellia

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »
Yeah, he said that when he started adding in IT people, GMs, HR people and all the rest of it who'd been involved in one way or another with COH it started to get complicated.

But I appreciate that it's a lot of people and a lot of money, and with everyone else going on, people might not have the funds to crowdsource another lunch. Particularly as it went from around $50 to..what I'd imagine to be the $2000 mark. I'm not sure.

I used to be indecisive...

It's STILL possible to do with donuts.  Everybody likes donuts.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
Maybe doughnuts n' coffee? How much is a doughnut these days? :-p
--
@Vandellia

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
Maybe doughnuts n' coffee? How much is a doughnut these days? :-p

Unless your source at NCSoftcore suggests otherwise, most Southerners will swear that there is only ONE doughnut worth eating, the veritable Holy Grail of doughnuts, and that doughnut is Krispy Kreme.  They run about $6 a dozen (prices vary a little by area), and there are two stores in Austin.  12586 Research Blvd and 701 E Stassney Ln.  Also, at every location I have ever been to, when someone is picking up mass boxes, the clerk always throws at least one so-fresh-it's-hot doughnut for free for the driver/pickup person.

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »
OK. That's more doable.

Sorry - the website keeps bouncing me back to the UK one whenever I try to look at ordering them online, and then tells me they don't deliver to my area. When did websites get so smart. Can someone tell me if they also do coffee, before I throw my computer out a window? :)
--
@Vandellia

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
Can someone tell me if they also do coffee, before I throw my computer out a window? :)
They do.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »
Unless your source at NCSoftcore suggests otherwise, most Southerners will swear that there is only ONE doughnut worth eating, the veritable Holy Grail of doughnuts, and that doughnut is Krispy Kreme.  They run about $6 a dozen (prices vary a little by area), and there are two stores in Austin.  12586 Research Blvd and 701 E Stassney Ln.  Also, at every location I have ever been to, when someone is picking up mass boxes, the clerk always throws at least one so-fresh-it's-hot doughnut for free for the driver/pickup person.

Around here it's Round Rock Donuts

Good news from their website:

"3. Do you ship your donuts?

Because our food products do not contain preservatives, we are unfortunately unable to provide shipping for our donuts. The good news is, we do work with an outside Courier Service to make deliveries for us to the Greater Austin area. Give us a call if you would like to have your order delivered. "

So, we can do this, support a local store, and show the Austin team we know a thing or two about good donuts!

Mmm... darn it, now *I* want some.

They're really good donuts.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »
Good call! :)
--
@Vandellia

zybron

• Boss
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »
Those look really good.

I'm in for a dozen, just tell me where to send the money. :)

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
For 160 people, we're looking at 14 dozen donuts for everyone to get one. 

These donuts are about twice the size of a Krispy Kreme, for an idea.

I called for information.  Delivery is $25-$30 (let's assume the $30 in this case).

Here's the stickler.  They do not take preorders less than 40 dozen.  O.o

Still, this *is* doable.  Even with the delivery charge, if we ordered 28 dozen (two donuts per, because really..  one donut?) Then the cost is approximately $211.56 (I included the tax rate).

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2012, 10:58:33 PM »
For 160 people, we're looking at 14 dozen donuts for everyone to get one. 

These donuts are about twice the size of a Krispy Kreme, for an idea.

I called for information.  Delivery is $25-$30 (let's assume the $30 in this case).

Here's the stickler.  They do not take preorders less than 40 dozen.  O.o

Still, this *is* doable.  Even with the delivery charge, if we ordered 28 dozen (two donuts per, because really..  one donut?) Then the cost is approximately $211.56 (I included the tax rate).

How much to throw a metric ton of coffee in there, too?

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 01:13:25 AM »
I cannot imagine *anyone* willing to deliver 160 cups of coffee...    :o

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »
I think that NCSoftcore has coffee makers in the offices.  Come on, it's IT.  Caffeine is one of the basic food groups.

I'm in.  Kheprera or Rae, want to start a Chip-In account?

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2012, 01:19:10 AM »
I cannot imagine *anyone* willing to deliver 160 cups of coffee...    :o

Maybe a couple of vats though..

But just donuts would suffice though, ah s'pose.

Maybe shoot for $250, to account for anything over the estimate and the ChipIn cut (looks like around 3-5%), and whatever is left over use to tip the delivery driver (if that's possible)
I think that NCSoftcore has coffee makers in the offices.  Come on, it's IT.  Caffeine is one of the basic food groups.

I'm in.  Kheprera or Rae, want to start a Chip-In account?

I would say probably Khep or someone else in the US.
ChipIn uses PayPal.
PayPal charges fees for international transactions.. which would mean charges from SaveCoH people to Rae, and then charges from Rae to the Donut people.. on top of the cut that ChipIn takes.. which would probably mean about a 10-13% loss.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:47:36 AM by Zolgar »

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2012, 04:51:15 AM »
i think it would be best to do it similar to the dev dinner and have tony host a paypal donation type of thing since that went over great last time

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
I'm happy to do it, but I suspect it'd just complicate things and cost us unnecessary money.

But if a US volunteer doesn't step in, I can set it up :)
--
@Vandellia

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
Before jumping the gun and making any Chip-In or anything let me get more information.

We know they will deliver.  What we don't know is how they are willing to receive payment.

I'll call tomorrow and see what our payment options are.  IF they will accept an online payment or one over the phone without requiring a signature then we should be okay.

Otherwise I don't know how to pull this off.   :-[