Author Topic: thank the gms ?  (Read 16131 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: thank the gms ?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 04:53:55 AM »
There's a couple issues.. If we try to get this covered by news media it'll really look like we're just doing it to get coverage.. and especially as small-scale as this is going to be? $50 seems kinda cheap when you're trying to do something "nice" to get media coverage. :p

But a big stack of pizza or donut boxes looks impressive!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:38 AM »
Send pizza to everyone at NCAustin...

'cause then it's more than just OUR GMs we're being awesome to ;)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 05:06:27 AM »
Send pizza to everyone at NCAustin...

'cause then it's more than just OUR GMs we're being awesome to ;)

Not a bad notion.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 05:19:48 AM »
I'm afraid I'm with Zolgar, Moony. For $50, it's just opportunistic. However, for the whole staff in Austin, we're realizing we missed some folks and wanna make it right, at least as far as the press is concerned. (And me, for that matter, since the last drive happened while I was in class and was over before I could participate... :))

That means a little more digging, or getting HS to give us a number of people in Austin. My Google-sense tells me that was reported to be about 150 people, two years ago.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:10 AM »
Don't see why we couldn't include all the staff at Austin.

..would we need to add Seattle, too?
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
Don't see why we couldn't include all the staff at Austin.

..would we need to add Seattle, too?

I dunno?

It seems that it would be fine to just do Austin.. 'cause we're really doing it for the CoH GMs, we just don't wanna be dicks and leave everyone else out.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
Weelllllll, if we somehow had a giant card or something that said, "Thanks to the CoH GMs, the 'za is on us," and had enough for everyone, that should set the right tone if we had enough delivered to cover everyone.  Say, what, would that be about 50 pies?

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »
Weelllllll, if we somehow had a giant card or something that said, "Thanks to the CoH GMs, the 'za is on us," and had enough for everyone, that should set the right tone if we had enough delivered to cover everyone.  Say, what, would that be about 50 pies?

Holy shit someone used 'za'
*has a heart attack and dies*

VV, you are the first person I, or anyone I've talked to, has 'heard' use 'za' as a slang/abbreviation for pizza... which has been the subject of much argument with the 'Words with Friends' dictionary.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 09:57:09 AM »
Er..is pie American for pizza? The transatlantic language barrier has me at a loss ;)
--
@Vandellia

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »
Holy shit someone used 'za'
*has a heart attack and dies*

VV, you are the first person I, or anyone I've talked to, has 'heard' use 'za' as a slang/abbreviation for pizza... which has been the subject of much argument with the 'Words with Friends' dictionary.

THE 'ZA LORD'S GUARD! <.<

(Those who get that reference receive a free hug from me.)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »
THE 'ZA LORD'S GUARD! <.<

(Those who get that reference receive a free hug from me.)
+ 1 for Toot Toot tributing.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
There's a couple issues.. If we try to get this covered by news media it'll really look like we're just doing it to get coverage.. and especially as small-scale as this is going to be? $50 seems kinda cheap when you're trying to do something "nice" to get media coverage. :p
Guys... to be honest, does everything at this point really need to be about press coverage?  I mean, after all the service they've given us, just getting them a pizza or a nice dinner or whatever is just a good thing to give back, media be damned.

Don't get me wrong, if we got some media coverage of it, that would be great.  I'm not opposed to us being seen doing stuff like this.  But y'know... this is one of those things that's a great idea just from a "right thing to do" standpoint, and not strictly from a "will this Save CoH" standpoint.

Or at least, that's my 2 inf on the matter.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
Guys... to be honest, does everything at this point really need to be about press coverage?  I mean, after all the service they've given us, just getting them a pizza or a nice dinner or whatever is just a good thing to give back, media be damned.

Don't get me wrong, if we got some media coverage of it, that would be great.  I'm not opposed to us being seen doing stuff like this.  But y'know... this is one of those things that's a great idea just from a "right thing to do" standpoint, and not strictly from a "will this Save CoH" standpoint.

Or at least, that's my 2 inf on the matter.
I fully agree, Kaiser.
And I do believe that was the intent behind it.  ;D

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »
Yeah. I mean, I figured we thanked the Devs who were working on it full time (well, half of them were ;) ) but ignored the GMs who were digging us out of bugged missions every day for eight years, and probably deserve a little love.
--
@Vandellia

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 06:27:38 PM »
Yeah. I mean, I figured we thanked the Devs who were working on it full time (well, half of them were ;) ) but ignored the GMs who were digging us out of bugged missions every day for eight years, and probably deserve a little love.
Precisely.  Man, I still remember my first encounter with a GM.  Enemies spawned outside the map during a Council base mission to kill all enemies (Council bases are still terrible for that this day).  The GM was kind enough to verify that we had a mob outside the map, and yanked the mob out of limbo and into the map so me and a bud could properly murder it.

Polite, professional, personable, and ... dressed as a Tsoo crane enforcer, when not invisible.  That's our GMs.  They deserve some thanks, for their efforts if not their fashion sense.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »
+ 1 for Toot Toot tributing.

Noooooooo, don't talk about them!  Sssssh!

Well crap, who's going to clean my house now?  :gonk:

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 09:04:36 PM »
Noooooooo, don't talk about them!  Sssssh!

Well crap, who's going to clean my house now?  :gonk:

Better get that milk and bread ready...
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
I have never heard "'za" before in my life.  It took me a second to even realize what you meant.  How does one say that, "zah"?  "Zuh?"  This is fun.

Anyway, I think this is a good idea.  Gogo team!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »
I have never heard "'za" before in my life.  It took me a second to even realize what you meant.  How does one say that, "zah"?  "Zuh?"  This is fun.

Anyway, I think this is a good idea.  Gogo team!
"Zah".  I honestly couldn't guess where it originated, but it's been around since at least the 80s.  I think it's even in the Scrabble dictionary.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »
"Zah".  I honestly couldn't guess where it originated, but it's been around since at least the 80s.  I think it's even in the Scrabble dictionary.
Really?  I'll have to ask my parents on that one.  Those crazy Scrabble fiends. 

*is only 21*