Author Topic: A response to NCsoft  (Read 171117 times)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: A response to NCsoft
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2012, 02:33:12 AM »
On the off chance that void hunter and others who agree with him are still lurking around:

You've yet to suggest what our course should be, in your opinion. If you came here hoping to be part of something positive, something that might work, and found that we're somehow failing to do either, then it is incumbent upon you to tell us what we can do better, not merely that what we're doing is wrong.

"Stop doing what you're doing! It won't work! Why aren't you letting me be part of something positive, like I hoped to be!?" <--- do you see something missing from this sequence? It's this: "Why don't you try this? It might work better."

That's why nobody's heeding you, and nobody is lauding your brilliance. All you are doing is saying "this can't work, and I'm leaving because you won't acknowledge it and let me be part of something that will work." What should we be doing differently? What is this alternative expenditure of energy that you want to be a part of?

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2012, 02:35:04 AM »

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2012, 02:50:37 AM »

Rae, could you BE any more European?

*climbs the Eiffel tower, while wearing lederhosen, wooden clogs, carrying an Italian phrasebook and sipping tea*

Bollocks,  cuppa tea, Bonjour, snog , shag, toodles, slaaaaaag, chuffed, lush, minted, wie gehts, macaroni, hilarious slang word for cigarette, fish n' chips.

Hey!  Apparently so.

:p
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2012, 03:06:58 AM »
Jebus I hate airing this in public.

YES I have been verbally abused so badly I had to be talked down from suicide.  Not once, but several times.  Which is why I am pretty good at recognizing it.  No, it was not my parents, it was an employer.  Which is why I am good in recognizing it in an authority figure, or someone who fancies himself as an authority figure.

Happy now?

Yes, but only because you didn't do something drastic and deny us your wonderful presence today.

* DrakeGrimm sets out hugs. And pomegranate schnapps.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2012, 03:14:11 AM »

YES I have been verbally abused so badly I had to be talked down from suicide.  Not once, but several times.  Which is why I am pretty good at recognizing it.  No, it was not my parents, it was an employer.  Which is why I am good in recognizing it in an authority figure, or someone who fancies himself as an authority figure.

Happy now?

My thoughts are with you as someone who has been through it also. I'm glad you made it out ok, It's not easy.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2012, 03:22:45 AM »
My thoughts are with you as someone who has been through it also. I'm glad you made it out ok, It's not easy.

I think there might be more of us than a lot of people would realize.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2012, 03:43:47 AM »
*climbs the Eiffel tower, while wearing lederhosen, wooden clogs, carrying an Italian phrasebook and sipping tea*

Bollocks,  cuppa tea, Bonjour, snog , shag, toodles, slaaaaaag, chuffed, lush, minted, wie gehts, macaroni, hilarious slang word for cigarette, fish n' chips.

Hey!  Apparently so.

For some reason, I can't find video of it, but this reminded me of a scene from an episode of the IT Crowd. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2012, 03:45:28 AM »
Meh, editing this post. The intended humor of the arrogance probably wouldn't come off right.

My condolences to those who have had that sort of thing happen. I empathize, though mercifully, I don't think I can sympathize. (And if I can, I'd rather not be aware of it, because there's no good dwelling on my own past miseries if I can no longer recall them. So nyah.) As always, if you ever need a friendly word of support, I think my email's in the forum system. I know PMs work.

I have, frankly, been amazed by how hard everyone is working, here, and how cohesive we've been. Even when we disagree. Despite what some have claimed, I know when I wandered onto the board with ideas that didn't mesh with those of the community, I wasn't torn to ribbons. And so we've gotten along. Sometimes, I just wish I could get inside others' heads to know what they're thinking, because they just...don't make sense. And those who're accusing the boards of being insular here are in that category right now.

'night, all.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:58:53 AM by Segev »

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #388 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:59 AM »

Happy now?
Not really, that kind of breaks me heart.  Hugs for you, VV.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #389 on: October 10, 2012, 03:53:16 AM »
What Emu said. Nobody deserves that.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #390 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:44 AM »
Aw, thanks! But it's kittens. I don't have a good recipe for puppies.

THAT'S DISGUSTING! Everyone knows cats don't taste good till...at least 2 years old.  Too far?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #391 on: October 10, 2012, 04:49:35 AM »
I have a great recipe for baby, does that count?

I love babies, but I can never finish a whole one.*  Anyone wanta split?

*Alas!  Not mine!  From a cartoon called "Reboots"
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #392 on: October 10, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »

Hey!  Apparently so.

A Hungarian phrasebook would perhaps be more appropriate :)

Quinch

« Reply #393 on: October 10, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »
*Alas!  Not mine!  From a cartoon called "Reboots"

Reboots? There was more than one?

Why the heck did Tony Jay have to bite it?

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #394 on: October 10, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »
Reboot was made by a Canadian company!

<3 Reboot

*waves flag*

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #395 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
Oddly enough, in my "Cliche`d Villainy Cookbook," the recipe I use for kittens is called "Puss In Reboots." There is probably some sort of conspiracy.

fuzzympb

• Underling
« Reply #396 on: October 10, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »
Hey folks!
There's a lot going on here, and a lot of anger. I'm going to try to go in a slightly different direction if I may for a moment.
In response to NCSoft, I've sent in my capes with letters. I've been posting on my FB page regularly about the situation and trying to raise awareness there, and when I go to work, I've started to leave a toon logged in standing Vigil.
What other ideas do folks have?

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #397 on: October 10, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
Hey folks!
There's a lot going on here, and a lot of anger. I'm going to try to go in a slightly different direction if I may for a moment.
In response to NCSoft, I've sent in my capes with letters. I've been posting on my FB page regularly about the situation and trying to raise awareness there, and when I go to work, I've started to leave a toon logged in standing Vigil.
I suggest looking here for some of our biggest current projects.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #398 on: October 10, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »
Hey folks!

We have some people who are going to be kind enough to go to Cons in costume (well, some in costume) and hand out flyers in the real world.   We've also got some keen events lined up on the 20th to raise awareness.   I'm working on a big 'read this/mission statement thing' to help orient our new folks, but its going to take me some time to get done.     It would be awesome to see you at the dance party on the 20th tho :)

fuzzympb

• Underling
« Reply #399 on: October 10, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »
Indeed If I am in town on the 20th I will be there!
Currently I'm planning on being on a bit of a road trip though.
I *could* however, park myself in pocket-D in 'vigil' mode before
I hit the road right? I was present for the march and it was great to
see folks there for it :).