Author Topic: A response to NCsoft  (Read 171129 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: A response to NCsoft
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »
<wipes ice cream out of his eyes, grabs two handfuls from his head, and flicks them at VV>

Did I specify there was ice cream in the cone?  I did not.

Are you halucinating?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
Re: CAPS LOCK vs. arguments
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2012, 12:20:47 AM »
If you decided to stop carrying one particular pet because you decided it wasn't cost effective, or more of a pain than it was worth (for whatever reason), would your existing few customers that bought that one pet change your mind by throwing a fit and saying they wanted you to give them all of the supplies to this type of pet, without even showing you enough money?

Voidhunter I posted several things trying to calm this crowd while also trying to make it so I wasn't picking sides and respecting every ones opinion.  Yours however I do not respect because you are not here trying to save City of heroes.  You are clearly here just to argue and your efforts WILL NOT be missed because you are not doing anything to save the game.  I am sure there are plenty of other sites that have causes you are not interested in that you can argue with them about.   Don't respond to me and do us a favor and LEAVE THE DAMN FORUMS.  These forums are dedicated to saving the game.  Not feeling like a big man and trying to get the last word in.  I don't mean to rude and I assure everyone else I won't act this way to you, but seriously who comes to a site just to try and lower spirits.  That is such a low move
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:26:50 AM by Taceus Jiwede »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2012, 12:23:24 AM »
Did I specify there was ice cream in the cone?  I did not.

Are you halucinating?

Possibly. I do like my mojitos...  ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

sevda

« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2012, 12:24:17 AM »
Just want to point out two tiny little things.  OK, not so tiny.

One: This entire board is entitled SAVE COH.  Not "Be defeatist about CoH."  "Sit around and tell sad stories about CoH."  And certainly not "Tell everyone on this board what idiots they are for daring to attempt to try to save CoH."  It's out there, open and above board.  Don't like it?  Don't post here.  Complaining that it is a "company line you have to toe" makes just about as much sense as going over to a "Save The Whales" site and complaining you have to toe the line about trying to actually save whales instead of writing eulogies for them.

Two: This board is owned and operated and funded by Tony Velasquez and the Titan Network.  Privately owned, operated, and funded.  It is analogous to a privately owned and operated lecture hall, where the owners are completely within their rights to have only the speakers they care to have speak.  "Free speech" does not apply here, except as Tony and the Titan mods decide it does.  Just as "Free Speech" does not apply on a privately owned and operated Fundamentalist Christian board, or a Save the Whales board, or a Left Wing Liberal board, or a Right Wing Libertarian board.  Don't like it?  Go fund your own board, where you can air your own opinions as freely as you like.

All of this is more than obvious, as the biggest thing that I've seen has been people being so enamored by your so-called fame that they fall all over themselves letting you spew whatever misnomers you choose to. Someone disagrees with you? They're automatically a "verbal abuser" whether it is said out in the open, such as with Frank, or in private, such as with others. At least when Segev so horribly offended the person with that tactless comparison, he had the maturity to step up and apologize when he found out about the offense. I say that you have offended me with your willy nilly use of a serious accusation because I know full well what true abuse is. Your response was, essentially, too bad that I don't share your opinion and sounding as if you are more of an expert on verbal abuse than someone who has lived through it.

Just like void hunter, I joined this forum with the hopes of being part of something positive, something that would be rational and reasonable. I have watched as people have begun flinging mud at anyone who tries to say, "Well, maybe by this point, the route ya'll are going may not be the best approach." Whether it is from their own, personal experiences in business or from a viewpoint of one with less emotion connected to the game. God forbid they try to speak out with their own opinions and have it be different from the pack's (or Mercedes Lackey's) views!

I began playing CoH with someone very special to me, as I went through some pretty serious health issues. Being a superhero, playing my various characters helped me feel strong when physically I was incredibly weak and broken. I don't want to see it go any more than the next guy, but sheesh, I'm also not going to halt my life trying to clutch at straws and cling to hope that chances are pretty strong will end up letting me down. I spend far more time in game than on forums and obviously from my post count, I don't often speak out. However, when I see something that is so glaringly wrong on so many levels, I just can't, in good conscious remain quiet.

For the record, I will not ever buy another product from NCsoft. While I feel that they could have gone about all of this in a better way, my opinion is an American one, which is far different from an Asian way of looking at things. Too, I will boycott Mercedes Lackey, simply because I feel that she is nothing more than a bully who cries wolf in the form of unfounded accusations.

I wish you all most well, this is not the place for me, so I will bow out. I refuse to be a victim ever again.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
Hey, now.  I can tolerate people calling each other names and arguing with everyone (even if they're only saying "nuh-uh!"), but when people start wasting perfectly good ice cream cones, a line has been crossed!

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2012, 12:31:56 AM »
Just like void hunter, I joined this forum with the hopes of being part of something positive, something that would be rational and reasonable. I have watched as people have begun flinging mud at anyone who tries to say, "Well, maybe by this point, the route ya'll are going may not be the best approach." Whether it is from their own, personal experiences in business or from a viewpoint of one with less emotion connected to the game. God forbid they try to speak out with their own opinions and have it be different from the pack's (or Mercedes Lackey's) views!

I began playing CoH with someone very special to me, as I went through some pretty serious health issues. Being a superhero, playing my various characters helped me feel strong when physically I was incredibly weak and broken. I don't want to see it go any more than the next guy, but sheesh, I'm also not going to halt my life trying to clutch at straws and cling to hope that chances are pretty strong will end up letting me down. I spend far more time in game than on forums and obviously from my post count, I don't often speak out. However, when I see something that is so glaringly wrong on so many levels, I just can't, in good conscious remain quiet.

The problem is they aren't doing that - Frank's arguement consisted of "Pony up 50 million or STFU" and Void... I'm not sure, he had his reasonable moments but mostly it was also "Just give up".
I'm glad to hear you got better, and that CoH was such a help for you in those tough times.
No one will ask you to stay and participate in something you don't believe in.
Goodluck Sevda, wherever your road may lead next.  :D

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2012, 12:37:22 AM »
Hey, now.  I can tolerate people calling each other names and arguing with everyone (even if they're only saying "nuh-uh!"), but when people start wasting perfectly good ice cream cones, a line has been crossed!

Is that from Breakfast Club?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #367 on: October 10, 2012, 12:41:43 AM »
The problem is they aren't doing that - Frank's arguement consisted of "Pony up 50 million or STFU" and Void... I'm not sure, he had his reasonable moments but mostly it was also "Just give up".
I'm glad to hear you got better, and that CoH was such a help for you in those tough times.
No one will ask you to stay and participate in something you don't believe in.
Goodluck Sevda, wherever your road may lead next.  :D
What amused me is how Frank's argument neglected to point out where this $50 million was to go......

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #368 on: October 10, 2012, 12:47:31 AM »
Lost my train though so removed the post.  So.............ya
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:54:08 AM by Taceus Jiwede »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2012, 12:48:00 AM »
The "F2P riffraff" mentality has never been something I've felt was a problem in any game, but that doesn't mean others didn't see it.  I don't have access to numbers, obviously, but I do know that Exalted never had yellow dots next to it after about the first month it was up.  I have almost all the character slots filled, and the highest level character is still in the low twenties.

Yea I remember seeing all the hoopla about F2P and having to play side by side them from some of the leet members of COH. They called them noobs. So, they got their own server, which they probably was happy for it until they realized that it's lonely being leet and not many at they thought shared their snobbish attitude which ran counter to the friendly welcoming attitude that COH WAS known for. Not to mention having to start a new SG, some had massive SGs built up over the years, a new clique, and no one to call a noob. So most went back to their original server.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2012, 12:52:19 AM »
Yea I remember seeing all the hoopla about F2P and having to play side by side them from some of the leet members of COH. They called them noobs. So, they got their own server, which they probably was happy for it until they realized that it's lonely being leet and not many at they thought shared their snobbish attitude which ran counter to the friendly welcoming attitude that COH WAS known for. Not to mention having to start a new SG, some had massive SGs built up over the years, a new clique, and no one to call a noob. So most went back to their original server.

I did get to make an SG called "The Evil League of Evil" on Exalted, but, yeah, nothing ever went far on that server for me. It never had anything to do with the n00bs. There just wasn't anyone to play with. :)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2012, 12:53:23 AM »
Emu, seriously. What are you trying to say with that hair?
But I just got a haircut!
*sob*

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2012, 12:55:17 AM »
Jebus I hate airing this in public.

YES I have been verbally abused so badly I had to be talked down from suicide.  Not once, but several times.  Which is why I am pretty good at recognizing it.  No, it was not my parents, it was an employer.  Which is why I am good in recognizing it in an authority figure, or someone who fancies himself as an authority figure.

Happy now?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #373 on: October 10, 2012, 01:01:19 AM »
*plants an ice-cream cone on turducken's head*

Now you're an ice-cream head.

Ice Cream Melee for Plan Z!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »
Ice Cream Melee for Plan Z!

I dunno that sounds like a blaster power to me.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »
Secondary Blaster power?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2012, 01:13:17 AM »
Dammit! Now I have a Dr. Horrible version of the Joker called the Ice Cream Man concept working through my head.  Headed fro the Sunset forum...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2012, 01:15:23 AM »
Dammit! Now I have a Dr. Horrible version of the Joker called the Ice Cream Man concept working through my head.  Headed fro the Sunset forum...

Don't forget the Brain Freeze power as you go.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2012, 01:27:05 AM »
I am all of a sudden reminded of the wonderfully loopy hilarious ending to the Star Trek novel "How Much For Just The Planet" by the late great John M. Ford: 

"Somebody give the Captain a pie!"

At least 12 pies intersected on Kirk.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2012, 02:26:56 AM »
Segev --  Actually, I really envy your writing and layout ability, so...  You must eat puppies, or something!
Aw, thanks! But it's kittens. I don't have a good recipe for puppies.