Author Topic: How to get NCSoft to let go of the IP  (Read 22742 times)

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:17:09 PM by VyoletRose »
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: How to get NCSoft to let go of the IP
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »
*thumbs up*  ;D

Shadow Fox

• Underling
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2012, 02:21:06 AM »
"...please return to the table nsoft.  It is your departure from the effort that shames us all.  To redeem face is to find a solution for we do not accept the name of our world written in red ink.  We must wash that hated color away...that is how we can all restore ourselves to harmony."

I like this and I like the idea of some other company 'taking up the mantle' with NCSoft investing in it at little risk to themselves.

I understand their decisions as of late have been exceedingly 'unconventional' and I feel they are unlikely to take this course of action given what I've seen so far.

I would however be willing to wait for a new game to come out. 2 years, 3 years...Just keep me posted so I know when it comes out! I can't be taken away from a socially interactive, immersive super-hero game for a martial arts fantasy game just because the graphics are more up-to-date. It isn't the genre I want to play.

Ichaerus

• Underling
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2012, 04:54:50 AM »

Sir Zues

• Underling
Free IP
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2012, 05:46:40 AM »
So, if COH was a profit making game and GW2 came up short on sales, than it makes no sense for them to shut COH down.  If they are so determined to shut it down. Why don't they just sell or give the IP to Paragon Studios since they let Paragon Studios go.  The HQ for NC Soft is not very smart.  That explains why their losing stocks.  Aoin was a flop also.  I want my COH. Dang you NC Soft....dang you....

RedWolfeXR

• Underling
Re: Free IP
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2012, 01:07:15 AM »
So, if COH was a profit making game and GW2 came up short on sales, than it makes no sense for them to shut COH down.  If they are so determined to shut it down. Why don't they just sell or give the IP to Paragon Studios since they let Paragon Studios go.  The HQ for NC Soft is not very smart.  That explains why their losing stocks.  Aoin was a flop also.  I want my COH. Dang you NC Soft....dang you....

Its a matter of them placating their Korean shareholders.  Stock prices are not directly coupled to performance, but to percieved performance.  Thats why failing to meet their numbers (even if the last game to sell this well was SWTOR which broke records) their stock takes a hit.

They are hoping that tossing a title to the wolves here will placate their stockholders THERE and they will get more back due to stock gains than they lose on the marginal income from CoH.  They are sitting on a HALF BILLION in reserves at the moment.   A game that makes at best 10 million a year isn't a blip on their radar.

If they were any other company they would probably sell their titles -- most other asian companies would.  NC Soft actually reminds me (a lot) of Apple.  Apple is sitting on huge reserves as well, and when was the last time they sold IP?