Author Topic: And NC says...  (Read 74667 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: And NC says...
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »
It indeed makes no sense. I know they have failed to even respond to some interest, which says that no, not all options are exhausted.
I can understand if there are hurdles involving the account servers or whatever else, but if they're not willing to even enter into negotiations with other parties, they're not even trying.   

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37:50 PM »
Burnt Toast, I do not suggest giving up hope until Nov. 30 at the earliest, barring solid information that shows exactly why this cannot happen.

I do not fault you for fatigue, nor for wishing to save your memories of it. But I hope you will continue to, if not actively cheerlead, at least cheer quietly in hope. You deserve that much!

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »
If this is indeed true.... I can give a solemn guarantee that NCSoft will no longer exist as a viable company within a decade.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 09:39:05 PM »
I can understand if there are hurdles involving the account servers or whatever else, but if they're not willing to even enter into negotiations with other parties, they're not even trying.

If we want to change the messages that's going to be circulating after this, though, we'll need one of those "other parties" to be willing to go public. Very public, in business and gaming news.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Vox Doom

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
Yeah.

I don't believe them.

Every effort?

Nope.

I'm looking forward to the private servers.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »
They're dealing with a PR shit storm and maybe the hurricane needs to be bumped up a category  8)
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »
Now, now. It's only been a heavy rain so far. We've got a couple levels of "Tropical Storm" to go through before we consider "Hurricane."  ;)

(Which is to say, "If they think it's bad now or that the next level is as bad as it gets...")

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »
If we want to change the messages that's going to be circulating after this, though, we'll need one of those "other parties" to be willing to go public. Very public, in business and gaming news.
Unfortunately I am not a member of one of those parties (my bank account has a resounding $21 in it), or I would be making it as public as humanly possible. 

That said, I agree.  I'd like for anyone involved with that kind of thing to chime in, if possible.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 09:43:21 PM »
No amount of petition signature or articles will make NCSoft change their minds. They have made their decision twice now...so be it.
Third time is the charm! ;)
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »
I'd like the bidder/s to go public with just how much they were offering - it'd really help to keep the pressure on NCSoft if we could publicize what they were turning down in exchange for something that they were going to just throw away.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
Keep talking. Keep pushing. Be polite. DO NOT give up.

They're giving us PR fluff. Don't fall for it.

Increase the pressure. Politely. Wait for the people who are actually going to give us real facts to have a chance to talk.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »
The best way to shut them up is to set up a fan fundraise. Gotta keep theirs eyebrows up.
Yeeessss....

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »
I'd like the bidder/s to go public with just how much they were offering - it'd really help to keep the pressure on NCSoft if we could publicize what they were turning down in exchange for something that they were going to just throw away.
That'd be nice, yeah.  Would there be any issues with NDAs or otherwise that could stop this from happening?

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
*em holdtorch*

Until the servers go dark  there will always be some hope. 

Cerulean Shadow

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 09:50:32 PM »
Those who said it was just PR fluff are absolutely right. This means nothing. It's a ploy to make us shut up. Which is a perfect time to turn up the heat. Keep banging those drums!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »
We've exhausted all options
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
They're dealing with a PR shit storm and maybe the hurricane needs to be bumped up a category  8)

Weather control, being my dream superpower since I was 5, I like the sound of this.  8)

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »
I'm not even sure it is a ploy (though a post in the other thread now has me suspicious). It could be their current honest belief. In which case, it means they're tired. And that we need to change their minds.

Which we definitely can do.

Ignoring my last two posts in the /em hold torch thread, we should consider something along the lines of the OP's suggestion in that thread as an ongoing attention-getter and support-show.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »
They do something like this whenever we're all fiesty. We were starting to flag a little and then Tim's video got us all fired up again (and we were all 'YAY LETS FIGHT GUYS'), and they announced the refunds and the sunset schedule of events and everyone was all like '..oh. Doooom.'

Now we're all Fansied up and getting a bunch of new interest and they've issued this.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:29 PM »
Again.

Wait for word from Brian and TonyV.