Author Topic: Word-Spreading Event: Media Day  (Read 29162 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Re: Word-Spreading Event: Media Day
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2012, 11:47:06 AM »
I have a few hours only I be on Virtue.  In the morning 7:30 Am eastern daylight time, to Noon give or take.  Then on again at 7:Pm till 10:00.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
I'm still available if you need some in game help with this.

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
I'll be on guardian all 24hrs on the 20th if anyone needs me to show a newsie around.  @MrsAlphaOne is my global.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
I may have already asked this, so please forgive me if I have. RL is being very passive aggressive, lately. Is anyone hearing anything from media? I know there was a fake on the first weekend, but if anyone has had interest from media types, I've missed the post(s).
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »
Sadly, no. I have heard nothing back from any media; I have gotten a couple pings wherein the press release was posted more or less verbatim, but nobody's RSVP'd on the "guest" side.

I also have, I think, only two computers - my own, and my little brother's - that will be actually available for the events on campus. I'm still going to show up, see if we have any interest, but at this point, I will be (pleasantly, but extremely) shocked if this event...well, happens. Not for lack of your support, but for my failure to manage to pique the interest of any media.

I'm not giving up until I show up and we've got no guests. I'm not saying people shouldn't play and enjoy the day. But I want to be realistic and not have anybody throw away their day if they have other plans, or wish to make some. On the other hand, if you're going to be on anyway, I thank you for your kind efforts!

(I don't want anybody to think this is going to get me down; even if nothing happens, this convention is one at which is a chance for me to see all of my friends from college again, and there are other things happening, so...well, it'll be disappointing if nothing happens, but for me, this trip is not wasted one way or the other.)

Also, finally got CoH installed on my machine, and will have it on my brother's by tonight. ^_^ So, assuming my account still works after all these years, maybe you'll see Segev the Dark/Necromancer Mastermind wandering around tomorrow and for the remaining days of the game!

Again, thank you all. Your support and efforts have been amazing.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »
I am posting from my phone; I can't get my computer to connect to the campus network for some reason. Good luck and have fun to all who are participating in all the events today!

I've heard from no potential guests.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2012, 06:36:33 PM »
I have heard from a potential guest! She sent an email last night that I only noticed this morning, but now that I've gotten back to my friend's apartment and an internet connection I can use, I have contacted her. Volunteers, both to donate accounts and to mentor, should have been copied on the email. She's our only respondant, but it's something, so please welcome her if you see her on!

Her name is Sami Yuhas and she is a staff reporter at http://plus10damage.com/ who has done some coverage of #SaveCoH and, in her words, "popped in a few times." ^_^_v

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »
Yay!
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »
So, any word on how things are going in the trenches today?  (Stuck at work...)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »
Still getting her hooked up. I'm still not done putting my kitchen back together from a deep cleaning, but I hope to be ready by the time she is ready to join the game.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2012, 01:08:49 AM »
Yay this is something....which server will she be on...I will jump on and help however I can
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2012, 01:38:46 AM »
Still waiting.  She got it downloaded, and it gave her the option to "create an account." Told her to give it a whirl (I've sent her te log in info for my free account, at the moment). Haven't heard back, but it's only been a few minutes.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2012, 01:39:51 AM »
If your on Virtue I can join in.  I have an Hour left of time.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2012, 02:32:56 AM »
Well my time is up.  Take good care of our guest!

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2012, 03:06:01 AM »
I'm currently on pinnacle on a hero named Quantum Hero...should be easy to find :)
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Stunrunner

• Minion
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2012, 03:19:15 AM »
Has anyone met our guest in-game yet?