Author Topic: Call to action(?): More missing Paragon Wiki information that needs to be saved!  (Read 28506 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Finished James Harvan (Hero) last night.  Since episode 5 hasn't gone live yet (was scheduled to do so on the 23rd, but might need a server reset to activate), I'm planning to go back and scrub through all of the villain SSA contacts now.

Don't know if you saw my message, but you'll need to do it on beta. The contact was never fully added to the live build, but it looks like it's working on beta.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Ah.  Hadn't caught that message yet.  Thanks.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Filled in some blanks on Vladimir Zolner.  Could use some formatting in general (particularly moving some of the text out of NPC Text boxes and into Mission Briefing formats), but the important parts are taken care of.  I also removed the (just under a year old) WIP note from the page.

I know there was mention of getting screenshots of the death of Miss Liberty, so I'll be doing a quick run-through of Fortunata Gossamer next session.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Do we also want to make some of the rest of the text visible by default rather than hidden by NPC text? I'm specifically thinking of captions and cutscenes. The difference could be compared between Vladimir Zolner and Provost Marchand.

I think the original intent might have been to keep the articles neat and clean with as few chances for spoilers. However, I'm of the opinion that the articles should flow as closely to how the mission text actually appears with a minimum of work that has to be done if you simply want to read it. This includes using {{cutscene}}, making {{divbox}} captions match colors, and even removing the 'Caption' line if it's obvious who's speaking and it eliminates repeated clutter. Two drawbacks to this are that it can make the articles appear rainbow-like in spots and it increases the size of the page that's viewable at once, but it seems more easily-read to me.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
However, I'm of the opinion that the articles should flow as closely to how the mission text actually appears with a minimum of work that has to be done if you simply want to read it. This includes using {{cutscene}}, making {{divbox}} captions match colors, and even removing the 'Caption' line if it's obvious who's speaking and it eliminates repeated clutter.
I've already been doing all of that by default in the articles I've been adding.  The only exception is that I've been putting non-cutscene captions in NPC Text boxes.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
I have logchat running all the time on all my toons and RPC built a very robust filter program that can filter for anything.  So on all the old chatlogs I can filter out everything but NPC, leaving just the NPC chat, which might be useful.  There will also be Zone NPC chat as well.  I'll start running the chatlogs through the filters after the 30th.

I finished the last half of blueside Nadia, fully logged, logchat for the NPCs and Captions and cut and paste all the mission boxes and the clickable NPC dialogue.

I finished the blueside Palatine, ditto.

Finished Noble Savage, ditto.

Is there any central repository for this stuff?  If it's the Wiki, can I pass the files off to someone ELSE to input?  Wikis hate me.  I don't know what it is about them, but they hate me.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:24:21 AM by Victoria Victrix »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Is there any central repository for this stuff?  If it's the Wiki, can I pass the files off to someone ELSE to input?  Wikis hate me.  I don't know what it is about them, but they hate me.
Yeah, Paragon Wiki's pretty much the central repository for this.  If nothing else, I can pass you my email address and you can send the files to me.  (I'm sure other wiki admins would be able to do so, too, but I don't like to volunteer on other people's behalf.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
Yeah, Paragon Wiki's pretty much the central repository for this.  If nothing else, I can pass you my email address and you can send the files to me.  (I'm sure other wiki admins would be able to do so, too, but I don't like to volunteer on other people's behalf.)

That would be absolutely awesome if you could do that.

I can write books, or I can struggle through wikis, but I can't do both.  :(
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
First pass on Lastri Kayumanis is complete.  Need to go back and fill the remaining blanks in.

I also have the files that VV sent me, but haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet.

Another week of work before my extended free time kicks in.  The first week will be kind of busy what with getting things sorted out Monday and Tuesday and visiting family for Thanksgiving Wednesday to Saturday.  But I'm got nothing but CoH planned for the final week of the game.

Edit: I've now filled in all the holes I can on Lastri without running a female character through.  Minor little detail that still needs to be filled in.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:04:26 AM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Lieutenant Harriman is now complete.  Big thanks to Thirty7 and Taosin for the initial text grabs. :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
I am sooo thankful to all of you who are doing this! :)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
I'll wade into Night Ward.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Started Socrates tonight.  Managed to get through the first (three-parter) mission.

Have received the First Ward text for the last three of Nadia's arc, Noble Savage, Palatine, Katie Douglas, Blind Makwa, Cerulean, Master Midnight, and Vanessa DeVore from VV, but haven't had a chance to add them to the Wiki yet.  (Might get to those while I'm visiting family for Thanksgiving next week if I haven't covered that prior.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
First pass on Socrates is now complete.  I need to go back through and grab the rest of the dialogue options to finish.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Is the music from Ouroboros on the Wiki? I didn't see it, and I have no idea how to pull .ogg files from wherever they're pulled from.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
Just sent you all of Number Six.

I'll wade through Pandora's Box Blue on Beta.  Unfortunately my only 50 redsider is a corruptor who's set up as a team support, which makes her dubious for running the redside Who Will Die and Pandora.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Finished with getting the rest of the dialogue text for Socrates - well, mostly.  Could still use a quick run through with a female character to see what the gender-based text is.  (Probably "ma'am" instead of "sir", but not sure on that.)

Moving on to Harvan's arc for villains.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Finished with first pass on Harvan's villain arc.  The fact that the last mission was identical to the hero mission made it much easier.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
All the hero contacts are done.

I'll now switch my char to vigilante to grab that arc, and then run through villain contacts, most likely starting with Mr. G.

Fingers crossed that we can get everything done in the next nine days.