Author Topic: Can anyone rez Zwill?  (Read 19585 times)

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
Re: Can anyone rez Zwill?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »
 :(

This sucks....wish I could

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:58:24 PM »
I think we have been very lucky with our Community reps in CoH over the years and he was one of the best. It's sad to see him go but I'm sure we will see him again :)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:59:22 PM »
If all goes extremely well, and he hasn't taken a new job by the time the new structure to support CoH is in place, there's nothing saying he can't be re-hired. Unless he doesn't want to.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »
Gawd..... did NOT see that coming...

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
I am keeping the hope that CoH will be relaunched but I know it will take time.  I really thought Zwill would be with us when the servers fell.  I'm feeling lost and sad.

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »
This is just my guess but a few days ago the Devs fell really silent after the AMA and post regarding refunds.  The lack of even acknowledging the fact that there was no coffee talk furthers my suspicions that any remaining Dev has been issued a gag order.  If its not a NC Soft approved post then they are no longer allowed to talk to us.  Again this is just what I'm feeling/guessing. I think they are trying to break us.  Please don't let them.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »
 :(
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 10:33:37 PM »
This is just my guess but a few days ago the Devs fell really silent after the AMA and post regarding refunds.  The lack of even acknowledging the fact that there was no coffee talk furthers my suspicions that any remaining Dev has been issued a gag order.  If its not a NC Soft approved post then they are no longer allowed to talk to us.  Again this is just what I'm feeling/guessing. I think they are trying to break us.  Please don't let them.

I don't think so. If talks are still on and NC is the slightest bit interested in selling, then they should want us to continue our support, because anything we do will generate interest in the IP.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »
QUICK! SOMEONE GET ZWILL A WAKIE!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »
I don't think so. If talks are still on and NC is the slightest bit interested in selling, then they should want us to continue our support, because anything we do will generate interest in the IP.

Like I said its just a guess... forgive me I don't seem to be thinking straight at all.

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »
Sorry to see you go, Zwill, and best of luck (I know you're lurking on here... my Cockroach sense is tingling). You've got thousands of men, women, mutant weirdos, robots, psychic friends, gods, demons, wizards, smelly aliens, disembodied brains, catgirls, bronies, steam-powered doppelgangers, swamp monsters, They Who Cannot Be Named, power-crazed maniacs, and an amoeba the size of Space Mountain who'll all be happy to give you a reference!

See ya on the Internets...
C.C.

P.S. To everyone else... if you've business to do on the game Forums, better get to it. I have a feeling they'll go away sooner rather than later.

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
You know, what really brings this game together for me is the sense of community.  It's almost like a family.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 11:12:17 PM »
You know, what really brings this game together for me is the sense of community.  It's almost like a family.

It is a family.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
He's definitely a good one.  I hope the ends up at a company that cares as much about him as he's cared about our community.  If I don't hear anything now and then, I'll ping him and see how he's doing and if he's on to something else we can share and bug him about.  :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »

Moreso than family in my case. My blood family only ever convenes for funerals.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 11:47:51 PM »
First thank you for your years of service....a very well crafted message our very clever zwil.  Even with the big meanies standing right over your shoulder the whole time....even when they want you to rip hope away.....you rock dude.   Stay strong everyone zwil is now a private citizen just like us and he is taking a nice little vacation...until the dust settles.
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »
" I've made the decision to spend some time focusing on family and the job hunt, mostly family"

For those of you unfamiliar with the business and political world, this is company-mandated-speak for "I've been fired."

I have the distinct impression from this that NCSoft decided that rather than squashing us as ordered, he was encouraging us as much as he could without doing so in a way that was so overt they could smack him with something punitive.

Please remember the initial announcement was that the boards would be closing Sept 1.  We made enough fuss they kept the boards open and gave Andy another 3 weeks worth of paychecks.  However I expect the boards to be closed soon. 

Probably we'd better post to all threads to remind people to come here.

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 11:54:31 PM »
" I've made the decision to spend some time focusing on family and the job hunt, mostly family"

For those of you unfamiliar with the business and political world, this is company-mandated-speak for "I've been fired."

I have the distinct impression from this that NCSoft decided that rather than squashing us as ordered, he was encouraging us as much as he could without doing so in a way that was so overt they could smack him with something punitive.

Please remember the initial announcement was that the boards would be closing Sept 1.  We made enough fuss they kept the boards open and gave Andy another 3 weeks worth of paychecks.  However I expect the boards to be closed soon. 

Yeah, you're probably right.   Unfortunate as it is, there's always something to hope for.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 11:57:40 PM »

Hopefully that doesn't mean that these 3 weeks were some kind of extended life support while other avenues were explored, and now that all options have been exhausted, the plug is getting pulled...  :(