Author Topic: Can anyone rez Zwill?  (Read 19584 times)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Can anyone rez Zwill?
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »
We haven't heard anything, so maintain the positive energy and keep those torches burning. They're gonna have to take this thing from us with prise bars and wild dogs.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
I read it the same way as VV....and zwil gets real points for class and cleverness...because even the midst  of being fired, most likely for giving us subtle messages of support...he managed one more. 

Zwil you ARE a hero :'( 
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 12:11:38 AM »
Damn I just put the captain planet song.in my own brain.......ahhhhhhhh
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 12:19:24 AM »
It's code but I'm not deciphering it well

My time has finally come.

This will be my final official communication as a member of Paragon Studios and a representative of NCsoft. I've made the decision to spend some time focusing on family and the job hunt, mostly family . While I love what I do, it often times results in long hours (especially in the weeks leading up to the announcement) and I feel like it's important that I spend some additional time with the wife and kiddos before I jump into my next great adventure.

I've got all of the squishy, touchy, feely stuff out of the way on the other thread, but I just want to reiterate how much being a part of this Community has meant to me. You guys and gals are amazing, inside and out. Much like the team here at Paragon, I have, and hope to someday again, walk through fire with all of you.

This isn't goodbye. I'm staying in gaming. I love building amazing online Communities around games and don't see myself doing anything aside from this. The social experience is why I play online games, and this is where my passion lies.

So until next time...

I've just highlighted some relevant bits. It looks like some people knew a while before... or were fed a line. But I wonder if tehre's something positive coming out of here too

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
Yep, I saw the context there.. and the 'weeks ahead' part was a little bit of a blow.  Been digesting that for a bit now.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »
Yep, I saw the context there.. and the 'weeks ahead' part was a little bit of a blow.  Been digesting that for a bit now.
I'm pretty sure you guys are misinterpreting that to mean that he somehow knew what was going to happen. I'm more than confident that he meant that he was hard at work on i24, just like the rest of the crew otherwise I'd have expected to see the word "preparing" in that first bold line.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 01:24:42 AM »
Very very possible.  Chewing on, does not mean decided upon.  ;)
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 01:32:23 AM »
Zwill doesn't need a rez. He has simply "pulled a Maelstrom" and ported out.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 01:40:59 AM »

There's a high probability that Zwillinger was working either unpaid or underpaid for the past two weeks, simply because he didn't have anything better to do until CoH shut down.  The fact that he left to concentrate on his job search and providing for his family may be evidence of that.  As much as he likes us players, he can't make a living off of it (wouldn't it be cool if we could?).  :(

I hope the best for him, the job market is *really* tough right now in Northern California.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 01:50:21 AM »
There's a high probability that Zwillinger was working either unpaid or underpaid for the past two weeks, simply because he didn't have anything better to do until CoH shut down.

He was being paid.  He had referred to himself IIRC, as an "NCSoft employee" rather than a "Paragon Studios employee" after the announcement and the closure of the studio.  IIRC he also referred to plural "NCSoft employees" in posts about what was being continued until Nov. 30. 

At least our noise got him 3 more weeks of pay.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

uninventive

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 03:05:51 AM »
Kind of hard to keep spirits up when the primary contact we had is gone.  I'll feign happiness for him, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAKVJIZHLdo

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 03:10:29 AM »
Very sad to see him go, but also supportive of him in his future endeavors :) Still hoping WHEN we #SaveCoH that he can be a part of our lives again. Zwill to me represents what a CM should be like. You can tell through his words and more importantly his actions that he truly cared for this community of dysfunctional heroes :)

Zwill will always be a hero in my book!

(Just finished the Zwillion Hero March on Virtue...it was my first march, but felt it important to do it to commemorate such a wonderful person!)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 03:12:52 AM »
Zwill was a true blue hero to this community. He will be missed, but not every hero can wear the cape forever.

* DrakeGrimm smiles sadly.

If he ever decides to suit back up...we'll be here, ready to welcome him with open arms.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 03:49:16 AM »
Yeah  I'd like to read all sorts of things in what he was saying, positive and negative. I think that's just us pattern seeking mammals trying to see something we really want to see.  When you are trying to be hopeful and stay positive when everything you know for sure is mostly negative you try to find anything to hold on too.

We take apart his words in hopes of finding a hint of good news when in reality most likely there isn't more to what he said. Even though I know this I still read  peoples  attempt to read things into it because I'm dying to hear some positive news too.

If we do hear anything definitively positive it probably won't be for a very long time. I would think that a decision to buy or sell a game would take at least several weeks if not months of negotiations and and legal wrangling and no one outside of those directly involved with it will know anything about it until an official announcement is made.

Even though I check this board several times a day hoping for some good news I know I'm probably going to be waiting a very long time before I hear anything. If I hear anything at all.

I try to stay positive but objective as that seems to me to be the best mindset no matter what the outcome is.

This has taught me one thing. I most likely will never play or at least get as involved in a MMO as much as I did with COH, that is run by a large corporation. The MMO community is slowly learning a very important lesson when really good games come to abrupt end or are made virtually unplayable due to the action of a company whose first allegiance is to the bottom line or to the investors and the players don't even figure into their concerns.

I'm not a business man or an economist but I understand the need for a profit margin. However there is more than one business model a company can follow. I'm hoping events like this will lead to a paradigm shift that has the creative forces and players being able to have far greater input into the games. We had that with Paragon Studios but apparently not with NC Soft.
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 03:57:25 AM »
Conjecture - nature of the human beast.

Is it possible he got fired? Yes, it is... probably not a surprise. I would wager it was more "laid off" than "fired", but the end result is the same. He's gone. It's my hope there is/was some type of severance package.

He is a good guy. A future company will be lucky to have him. I've no doubt he'll land on his feet.

Wishing him the best!

Scott Jackson

• Plan Z: Gameplay Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 04:40:51 AM »
I'd like to think the world hasn't changed so much in five years, that all honor and good is gone from businesses and employees, that no communication can be trusted.

Sometimes a difficult personal decision is simply that.

Good luck Andy, I hope to meet you in person on some future project.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 04:58:24 AM »
There was a march through Perez in Zwill's honor tonight. The Kraken was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 05:33:47 AM »
There was a march through Perez in Zwill's honor tonight. The Kraken was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It just wanted to show its support for Zwill! D: You monsters!

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 05:39:51 AM »
It just wanted to show its support for Zwill! D: You monsters!

Poor Kraken, so misunderstood.

Pine

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »
I blame Tam.