Author Topic: News?  (Read 253304 times)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: News?
« Reply #520 on: October 02, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »
I feel like I should point out that several other first time posters have popped up after that announcement, though most were of the positive variety.
Oh, certainly.

It's the specific format: Quote the bit, then sting it with "Ouch!"

The "Ouch!" is something that somebody who's been invested in the effort might be expected to say. But this person hasn't been, at least not on this board, which makes this a strange place for him to express his hurt over that official statement. Add that he posted it in its entirety, to ensure it would be seen, while clearly not having read the thread prior to his own post...

What's more interesting is, if this is a significant observation, that it implies those who are saying it's a ploy may well be more right than I was willing to consider.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #521 on: October 02, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
I'm not giving up...in the immortal words of John Paul Jones. "We have not yet begun to fight"

We are Heroes...but we are Villains too.
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #522 on: October 02, 2012, 10:11:34 PM »
I'm not giving up...in the immortal words of John Paul Jones. "We have not yet begun to fight"

Hey Primey don't forget about the Children of Pretoria we're here too. :)

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #523 on: October 02, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
I refuse to buy what they're (NCSoft) is selling, and I mean that in several ways, but I am going to wait til after tomorrows TwitchTV broadcast to see what the step will be before doing or saying anything to rash.  But my hopes are NOT dashed, I'm standing tall with the rest of the heroes, and villians, this is where all they're stuff is stored after all, awaiting our next orders in our fight.
The fact that this is coming right after Fansy has lighted fires all over the internet (& the world) has not been lost to me.  This may be a ploy to get is to be quiet, but I think as has been stated earlier, that this may be the time to start getting louder.

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #524 on: October 02, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »
We could re-focus the message to be "Get back to the bargaining table!" in some way. Tell them we're not willing to accept "exhausted" as an answer.
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #525 on: October 02, 2012, 10:16:59 PM »
Is there a way to record the Twitch broadcast?  I missed the last one and have yet to find it even with all the buffs I can throw on my Google-fu.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #526 on: October 02, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
I'm not changing my opinion until I see something here from VV, Tony, or Brian, unless someone with an established connection to the devs chimes in.  All of this is what they want, otherwise, assuming it is misinformation. The only thing I did like was the nuclear graphic that followed the first post. That made me snicker.
Wait... You didn't bother following the link? That message was posted by Hit_Streak on the Official Forums. That is just as official as a Twichtv broadcast. I should think that Hit_Streak has an established connection here.

I for one doubt that NCsoft corporate will do anything other than what they have stated. Of course they are lying through their PR-reps about seriously looking into other ways to keep the game running. It is second nature for them.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #527 on: October 02, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »
We could re-focus the message to be "Get back to the bargaining table!" in some way. Tell them we're not willing to accept "exhausted" as an answer.
Well, we did send flowers and invites to play...perhaps now we should send small packets of coffee and invitations back to the table?

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #528 on: October 02, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »
Is there a way to record the Twitch broadcast?  I missed the last one and have yet to find it even with all the buffs I can throw on my Google-fu.
Go to the http://www.twitch.tv/paragonstudios

Under the black video box, there is a link to "Videos". Click it.

B_L_Angel

• Underling
« Reply #529 on: October 02, 2012, 10:22:01 PM »
Is there any information on how much they wanted ?

When they started this I looked at revenues and kept coming up with numbers in the 40 mil range. Is there some oddity of the Korean tax system that allows them to write off full value and carry this forward as well ? (They are running at a loss currently)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #530 on: October 02, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »
Wait... You didn't bother following the link? That message was posted by Hit_Streak on the Official Forums. That is just as official as a Twichtv broadcast. I should think that Hit_Streak has an established connection here.

I for one doubt that NCsoft corporate will do anything other than what they have stated. Of course they are lying through their PR-reps about seriously looking into other ways to keep the game running. It is second nature for them.
indeed, there is considering the whole annoucement is fake, and the "meaning" (especially the "exhausted all" part) is fake. Sure we can trust everybody from NCSoft to back up the annoucement, but everybody from NCSoft or former Paragon Studio surely are under the order to follow company policy, and that means siding with what PR says or does. If the press release states they exhausted everything, they can't announce otherwise, it's their contract.

Now coming to them with proof that they didn't exhaust every possibility is the only viable way to go. That means more than just videos and events. We need business now. That's what they said.
Yeeessss....

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #531 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »
indeed, there is considering the whole annoucement is fake, and the "meaning" (especially the "exhausted all" part) is fake. Sure we can trust everybody from NCSoft to back up the annoucement, but everybody from NCSoft or former Paragon Studio surely are under the order to follow company policy, and that means siding with what PR says or does. If the press release states they exhausted everything, they can't announce otherwise, it's their contract.

Now coming to them with proof that they didn't exhaust every possibility is the only viable way to go. That means more than just videos and events. We need business now. That's what they said.
That's an important point.  They seem to have already fired Zwil, Hitstreak more than likely realizes that deviating AT ALL from the PR will get him booted as well.

B_L_Angel

• Underling
« Reply #532 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »

HEH

Exhaust every possibility ? Didn't we have people say that they approached ncsoft with legitimate offers and weren't even acknowledged ?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #533 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »
Go to the http://www.twitch.tv/paragonstudios

Under the black video box, there is a link to "Videos". Click it.
OK, thanks. I had done that, but I think it must have been that evening or the next morning.  I guess I'll go watch that, and then I'll just have to pt up with the spoilers on here after tomorrow's. I have an appointment that I can't miss that will keep me from watching it live.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #534 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »
Careful. "Legitimate offers" to the offerer may not be so legitimate to the offeree.

void hunter

« Reply #535 on: October 02, 2012, 10:31:26 PM »
HEH

Exhaust every possibility ? Didn't we have people say that they approached ncsoft with legitimate offers and weren't even acknowledged ?

What's a legitimate offer? I could offer what I have in my collective accounts, but I seriously doubt they'd consider it a legitimate offer. Seriously, the people offering may have been ridiculously low compared to what they needed out of it.

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #536 on: October 02, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »
OK, thanks. I had done that, but I think it must have been that evening or the next morning.  I guess I'll go watch that, and then I'll just have to pt up with the spoilers on here after tomorrow's. I have an appointment that I can't miss that will keep me from watching it live.
Currently there are videos from:

Sep 26
Sep 5
Aug 29
Aug 22
Aug 15
Aug 8

There were no broadcasts between Sep 5 and Sep 26.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #537 on: October 02, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »

All this announcement does is make me more determined.  And slightly blood thirsty.

This will only end with the saving of CoH or the wreckage of NCsoft.

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #538 on: October 02, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »

Want a hat made out of tin foil? I'm being serious here. You can't prove that for the same reasons no one was talking about the negotiations in the first place. If you are so delusional as to think that anyone that is in the position to know what offers were made or considered would reveal those offers, there is nothing anyone can tell you about the situation that you would believe.

NCsoft probably set a value for the IP and Paragon Studios that equaled its total investment over the last 7 years and likely wouldn't settle for less. It doesn't matter though as the results are the same: The game getting canceled.

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #539 on: October 02, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »
This will only end with the saving of CoH or the wreckage of NCsoft.
Good luck on the latter, as I don't think the former is possible.