Author Topic: News?  (Read 249193 times)

Back Blast

• Minion
Re: News?
« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »
Me, I'm looking forward to getting my copy of this and running it for my group.

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #461 on: October 02, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
Just wondering if there have been any developments to the ongoing negotiations that can be publicized.
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

darkquill

• Minion
« Reply #462 on: October 02, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
Arctic Force, the most recent news is Thor's Assassin's blog post about the Dev Dinner.
Here's the discussion here on titan:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5387.0.html
Here's the original blog post:
http://thorsassassin.com/2012/09/28/paragon-community-dinner-and-hope/

If there's anything more recent than that, I don't know of it. I expect that if negotiations break down, we'll find out. I expect that if they keep going well, we won't hear anything other than 'it's going well' until the ink is dry. It's even harder to wait for news than it was to wait for Staff Fighting to be released!

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #463 on: October 02, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »
Hail, Heroes!

I do bring news on multiple scales; but the most important of all? You have been heard and other Countries are listening. Not just listening, but networking, replying, and across FourSquare in Korea Save COH is the number 2 topic just under Gangnam Style.

Secondly:
Rhett & Link have a solution to our issue and it compliments their current Super Note contest. Stay tuned for that as details will be revealed, and after an exchange of emails we've come up with an amazing publicity plan that will sky rocket this cause into the far reaches of even Real Life.

Thirdly:
After a long discussion with the good guys over at Penny Arcade we have a comic to be read, and support untold.

Fourth:
There are Good Team supporters everywhere who are coming forth from therir silences and readying for an event that will shake the foundation of the Internet, and who else to lead the charge than avid gamers known across the globe. You'll hear more about this as well, or maybe read about it in the Sunday paper and if not in the U.S then may perhaps see it on the cover a morning magazine. Just maybe.

Fifth:
Be ready for my ultimate song, it's almost finished. One that will be mouthed on the lips of the greatest good guys. It's coming, and it may just rival this storm and pierce NCsoft's resilience.

Be ready, Good Team.

Never surrender your fight, for you know what you're doing is right.

Singing always of Happiness,
Fansy The ''Famous'' Bard

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #464 on: October 02, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
Woot! Thanks for the updates, Fansy! That's really something to look forward to!
You never cease to amaze! O.O

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #465 on: October 02, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
O_O .... I don't know if I can even fully wrap my mind around everything I just read there.

"Holy freakin' cow..."

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #466 on: October 02, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
Fansy, I went out to buy a hat just so I can say 'My hat is off to you good sir.'

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #467 on: October 02, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
Hail, Heroes!

I do bring news on multiple scales; but the most important of all? You have been heard and other Countries are listening. Not just listening, but networking, replying, and across FourSquare in Korea Save COH is the number 2 topic just under Gangnam Style.

Secondly:
Rhett & Link have a solution to our issue and it compliments their current Super Note contest. Stay tuned for that as details will be revealed, and after an exchange of emails we've come up with an amazing publicity plan that will sky rocket this cause into the far reaches of even Real Life.

Thirdly:
After a long discussion with the good guys over at Penny Arcade we have a comic to be read, and support untold.

Fourth:
There are Good Team supporters everywhere who are coming forth from therir silences and readying for an event that will shake the foundation of the Internet, and who else to lead the charge than avid gamers known across the globe. You'll hear more about this as well, or maybe read about it in the Sunday paper and if not in the U.S then may perhaps see it on the cover a morning magazine. Just maybe.

Fifth:
Be ready for my ultimate song, it's almost finished. One that will be mouthed on the lips of the greatest good guys. It's coming, and it may just rival this storm and pierce NCsoft's resilience.

Be ready, Good Team.

Never surrender your fight, for you know what you're doing is right.

Singing always of Happiness,
Fansy The ''Famous'' Bard

...Fansy. Words fail...but I'm-a give it a shot anyway.

I have one real talent, and that is bending the written word to my will. Others around here *cough*VV*cough* are better at it, of course, but I'm no slouch. I tell stories through that medium, which makes me less scribe and more bard, I suppose, so bearing that in mind:

There is no greater cause, no greater purpose, and no greater destiny for a bard than to spread the word of heroic deeds in song and story. Their purpose is two-fold: to entertain and uplift those around them, and to spread information. In modern culture, the value and weight of entertainment is often scoffed at, citing that we didn't need television, movies, or comic books through out history. Of course we didn't: we had the bards.

I am honored to count you among them, Fansy. You are truly a Bard, in all the greatest definitions of the word. Those here have worked tirelessly to support our cause and spread the word, but you have set the world aflame with your words. Things I never expected to see have come to pass through your efforts, Sir Bard, and I am humbled to have you stand with us. To learn that you have yet more in store for us uplifts me and re-affirms my own convictions.

We will stand tall. We will persevere. We will fight stronger, fight harder, and fight longer, emboldened by your efforts. Others will join our fight, recognizing once and for all that this is more than a group of 'children' fighting to save 'some silly game,' but a community of heroes fighting to save their city yet again after eight years of tireless effort.

We are Bards. This is what we do.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #468 on: October 02, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »
@Fansy

That's some awesome news!
- Omega Mk. V

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #469 on: October 02, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »
I..don't have to sing, do I?
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2012, 08:18:01 PM »
Fansy, you have literally put tears of gratitude in my eyes. 
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Elias

• Underling
« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »
Wow...you've really gotten me jazzed up, Fansy! That's just the kind of song that'll put the fight back in even the most trampled of heroes!

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #472 on: October 02, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »
Fansy you have my thanks. The community simply continues to push forward, I love it.

Time to celebrate a little. I'll get the vahzilok burgers going.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #473 on: October 02, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »
Fansy, your ambiguity intrigues me.  I am quite excited.  thanks again :)

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #474 on: October 02, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »
Fancy you have more then earned your cape...you are a bard incarnate...and the wind beneath our wings.  You ARE a hero.  Thank you for all that you do, you and VV, and Tony v, and Tim the enchanter, and so many others.  Hope burns bright..we will survive

/e holdtorch
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #475 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »
Fancy you have more then earned your cape...you are a bard incarnate...and the wind beneath our wings.  You ARE a hero.  Thank you for all that you do, you and VV, and Tony v, and Tim the enchanter, and so many others.  Hope burns bright..we will survive

/e holdtorch

* DrakeGrimm quietly starts referring to the Omega Slot as the Fansy Slot, while re-reading Fansy's post with "I Am The Doctor" playing in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-QPDGhCtM
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »
An official response has been posted. Find a quiet place and read it as soon as you can.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/response-to-city-of-heroes-player-and-fan-suggestions.html
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #477 on: October 02, 2012, 08:57:37 PM »
Fansy, you have literally put tears of gratitude in my eyes.
This.
And Son is finally cracking a smile.
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #478 on: October 02, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
An official response has been posted. Find a quiet place and read it as soon as you can.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/response-to-city-of-heroes-player-and-fan-suggestions.html
Well. I would dearly love to know how that came about.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #479 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Well. I would dearly love to know how that came about.

As would we all.
@Vulpy
Protector Server