Author Topic: News?  (Read 249189 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: News?
« Reply #380 on: September 27, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
I think the timing of some of the NC Soft 'sunset' announcements have been interesting. We should all have been feeling good about buying the Devs dinner and giving them a lovely time, and the same night they post a sunset timetable and FAQ, which throws everyone into zomgdepressed mode.

Might we worth preparing ourselves for more official announcements time to hit as our spirits start to lift.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Quinch

« Reply #381 on: September 27, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »
Okay, I'm not quite up on who's who in the CoH saga - who's Yoon?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #382 on: September 27, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
Okay, I'm not quite up on who's who in the CoH saga - who's Yoon?

Dr Songyee Yoon, the head of NCSoft West in Seattle.   Married to Kim, head of NCSoft.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #383 on: September 27, 2012, 09:25:13 AM »
Well I just spent $20 of my own money on an Express Mail letter to Dr Yoon attempting to convince her that (a) City is now an evolving work of art and deserves to be preserved and (b) one of the things it has evolved into is a US version of Maple Story (Nexxon's 2-D MEGA hit).  Should be on her desk Friday.  Well, assuming it gets that far.

As always, thank you for all your contributions, VV. Many hugs to you! Many hugs!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Quinch

« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »
Dr Songyee Yoon, the head of NCSoft West in Seattle.   Married to Kim, head of NCSoft.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #385 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
I'm concentrating on her because I am hoping a successful woman might be inclined to listen to another successful woman.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Quinch

« Reply #386 on: September 27, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »
Hey, whatever works, right? I don't really "get" people, so all I can understand appealing to.. well, someone's self-interest. So, I dunno, good luck?

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »

So if you're wondering, "What can I do?", there are three main things.

First, keep playing the game.  Keep engaged with your supergroups.  Are they smaller?  You leaving will only make it worse.  Keep showing up for the ones that remain.  Keep running those task forces, those incarnate trials, those PuGs and coalition events.  When we schedule something, show up if you can.  Aside from being fun, it also generates great publicity.  Don't get discouraged.  Or if you do (as we all do sometimes), don't stay there long before dusting yourself off and continuing to have at it.

Second, if you have talents such as being a video wiz, musically inclined, artistically inclined, comically inclined, ...whatever your talent is, if you can spare some of it for our cause, please do!

Third, stay tuned in.  Things really may change on a day-by-day basis.  You never know when that one thing that you can really help us out with will come along.  Plus, the more you stay engaged with us, the less attrition from our player base we suffer.  Even if the game does shut down on November 30, we can continue to fight and work on alternatives.  But if people get to where they just don't care any more, that will be when our movement really does meet its match.

I'm doing my damnest but I'm the last of my SG with any will to log in everyone else is pretty much soul crushed at this point and I think that's all that's fueling me going.  So I'd like to add? Support your SGmates, your friends, anyone you played with try to keep going even if it's just get the SG together for one last screencap of you all. Then get that posted up all over the web.  I'm glad the Titan group here is doing stuff and I'll do what I can ya know it's just hard to keep going in the face of what we're facing. Then again? If any game ever deserves the playerbase to step up for it. It's COH.

steelrat70

• Underling
« Reply #388 on: September 27, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #389 on: September 27, 2012, 11:44:55 AM »
If you get discouraged, do what I do. Log onto Virtue and stop by AP33. That always lifts my spirits, for several reasons. (lol)

onefrigidwitch

• Underling
« Reply #390 on: September 27, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »

Aurethious

• Minion
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »

onefrigidwitch

• Underling
« Reply #392 on: September 27, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »
Hey, it took a lot of digging to find out who she was. I never suspected someone quite so young in the position she has. However, having lived in Korea for some time, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

VV, did you send a USPS international mail order to her? I will not spend the extra money to send a travelers check....

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #393 on: September 27, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Hey, it took a lot of digging to find out who she was. I never suspected someone quite so young in the position she has. However, having lived in Korea for some time, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Also got her Ph.D. from MIT at a very young age.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #394 on: September 27, 2012, 01:57:49 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Dr. Yoon.

So you don't think sending flowers would help I take it?

Aurethious

• Minion
« Reply #395 on: September 27, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
So you don't think sending flowers would help I take it?

Oh, I'm a fan of all forms of flattery, bribery, and general buttering-up-ery. I say have at it. I just had a nice laugh at onefrigidwitch's first post here.

onefrigidwitch

• Underling
« Reply #396 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
I thought she'd be like, in her 40s or 50s and kinda old looking or something. One of those typical board room super-sharks smokin 5 100bills rolled up cigar shaped each day and what not. Frankly, I wonder what she is really like, and who actually was instrumental in all these ncsoft shutdowns. :/

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #397 on: September 27, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »
Call to Action:  Send D. Yoon flowers!!!

not entirely serious

or am I  :o

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #398 on: September 27, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
^like

Wheels are turning, now...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
...I actually like this idea. Get flower shops to send her flowers with cards stating "We are heroes. This is what we do."
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV