Author Topic: News?  (Read 253338 times)

Teege

• Boss
Re: News?
« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
Too bad we don't have a figure that represents how many people are actually getting something back. I know I'm not personally and can't imagine there's a substantial amount of people that are. Also, don't read that as there are none.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
Brian touched base with me last night and said he is getting in touch with TonyV.

No news on the negotiations other than that they have not ended.

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »
Brian touched base with me last night and said he is getting in touch with TonyV.

No news on the negotiations other than that they have not ended[/i].

That is welcome news, thank you Ms. Lackey.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2012, 12:24:53 AM »
No news is good news, as they say.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:48 AM »
A company that posts a loss doesn't turn around and give money back. They don't have to.

Incorrect.  They are legally required to return funds that cannot be used for the purpose intended, to wit PREPAID subscriptions that extend past the nov 30th date.  The refund of unusable Paragon Points is...  in a legal gray area, but they have chosen to refund at least some of those as well.  I find the decision of just about the week prior to the 'official' annoucment interesting.  My personal conjecture is that this represents the timeframe between when the command was given at the chief executive level and when the axe fell in Mountain View.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #345 on: September 25, 2012, 02:36:12 AM »
I am a pessimist.  A pessimist obsessively plans for every awful outcome she can think of.

To that end I have put Tony V directly in touch with my Secret Guy-Who-Knows-Everyone Friend.

I don't know what the end of this road will be, but I assure you, there will be no falling off a cliff until every damn plan we can think of has been tried and has failed.

Bear in mind.  Pessimists are more often pleasantly surprised than optimists.
My learned life motto: Expect nothing from life and everything is a gift.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #346 on: September 25, 2012, 02:39:19 AM »
It is a colo.  I have a cage in the same colo.
So how much to test some archiving equipment in said colo?
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #347 on: September 25, 2012, 04:32:59 AM »
It is a colo.  I have a cage in the same colo.

Ya know, the company I used to work for kept the keys to their cage on top --

Oh, did I say that out loud?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

kerensky914

• Underling
« Reply #348 on: September 25, 2012, 05:06:15 AM »
I know the datacenter is in Dallas, but I have no idea if it's an NCSoft facility specifically, or if it's collocated servers.
Hmmm, I have a lot of friends in Dallas... and I think I can still squeeze into my ninja gi ...

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #349 on: September 25, 2012, 06:39:31 AM »
Hmmm, I have a lot of friends in Dallas... and I think I can still squeeze into my ninja gi ...

Tempting, but I would argue against it.  At this point if ANYTHING remotely happens to the servers, the top management will spin it as vindictive children breaking their toys to keep from having to share.  And they will say to HELL with the nov 30 and never bring the CoH servers back up.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #350 on: September 25, 2012, 06:40:32 AM »
Tempting, but I would argue against it.  At this point if ANYTHING remotely happens to the servers, the top management will spin it as vindictive children breaking their toys to keep from having to share.  And they will say to HELL with the nov 30 and never bring the CoH servers back up.

Which sets off a chain reaction of...things best left unsaid.

Suffice to say, keeping things "Blue Side" is still our best bet. For now.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2012, 07:36:34 AM »

Getting in touch with Tony is a good sign, I'd think.  Thanks again VV.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »

Thanks again for the continued updates.
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #353 on: September 25, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »
Getting in touch with Tony is a good sign, I'd think.  Thanks again VV.

Could mean any of several things, most good. I'm sure we'll find out at the opportune moment.

Aurethious

• Minion
« Reply #354 on: September 25, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
Too bad we don't have a figure that represents how many people are actually getting something back. I know I'm not personally and can't imagine there's a substantial amount of people that are. Also, don't read that as there are none.

I don't know what anyone would consider substantial, but refunds for unused time was one of the first issues that came up after the announcement. I think the number may actually be a little higher than we might anticipate just due to the fact that this came so much out of the blue and there was no reason for people to think twice about renewing subscriptions. I am one of those who will be getting something back as I renewed for a year in February.

SkyStreak

• Minion
« Reply #355 on: September 25, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »
One of my accounts auto renewed for a year on August 2, so I'll be getting almost a full refund.

Anecdotally, most of my SG are either 6 months or 12 months auto renew.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »
my account auto renewed aug 25th (6 days before the announcement), i was only on 3 month plan which will expire on nov 25th so i am not sure if i would be able to get a refund

im not *too* worried about it though at least it allowed me to stay VIP till the end

Aquashock

• Boss
« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »
I was very nearly in that boat. I upped my sub from monthly to three months a week before the announcement. I flipped a coin to decided if I wanted to go with the three month or the six month -- three month won out.

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
The irony of this for me is I know I'm not getting any sort of refund, despite having 1000 paragon points sat spare for powersets (I was saving them for a Staff weapon pack and Bio armour :( ) and my subscription was on a month by month basis - I'd never set it to fully auto renew for more than a month simply because I wanted to be prepared to drop it if Games Workshop or Forge World produced something shiny at unexpected notice that I rather fancied.

Aquashock

• Boss
« Reply #359 on: September 25, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »
Are we still getting our monthly Paragon Points allotments? Because I just had a bunch of points appear in my account and a reward token for September. Weird.