Author Topic: News?  (Read 241323 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: News?
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 02:04:03 AM »

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 02:04:42 AM »
Being said, Felicia Day is an awesome endorsement.  Almost 2 million followers!  Wish she'd use the hashtag though.

Do you think she'd take the hint if someone tweeted a reply to that (however that works) mentioning the #SaveCoH movement's attempts to raise awareness about the game's pending shutdown and the community's reaction to the same?

That's why I don't use Twitter. I find I can't completely and satisfactorily elucidate any of the thoughts I have in a limited number of charac
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »
Do you think she'd take the hint if someone tweeted a reply to that (however that works) mentioning the #SaveCoH movement's attempts to raise awareness about the game's pending shutdown and the community's reaction to the same?

That's why I don't use Twitter. I find I can't completely and satisfactorily elucidate any of the thoughts I have in a limited number of charac

??? Huh, you posted before you were done with....what? Oh.  :-[ Good one  :P
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:19 AM »
OMG, y'all are making me tear up between laughter and thrill.

In the end, whether we're successful or not, I am so thankful and so proud to be a part of this community.

GROUP HUG!!!!!!

Elias

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57:21 AM »
OMG, y'all are making me tear up between laughter and thrill.

In the end, whether we're successful or not, I am so thankful and so proud to be a part of this community.

GROUP HUG!!!!!!

Absolutely. Win or lose, we sure can say that we gave it our all. I love this community.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
^^ This.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 11:51:53 AM »
This made my day. :) I had emailed Ms. Day (been a big fan of hers since "The Guild" first hooked me) so it's good to know she's aware of it.  #NOTlosinghope

Yeah, you and me both. She's one of my personal heroes because of what she's done for independent web productions, and she seems pretty much my ideal of a woman on top of that. I've avoided being a fanboy, though, no sense making an old fool of myself. (lol) Plenty of those around already.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »
Yeah, you and me both. She's one of my personal heroes because of what she's done for independent web productions, and she seems pretty much my ideal of a woman on top of that. I've avoided being a fanboy, though, no sense making an old fool of myself. (lol) Plenty of those around already.

*high-fives Hunter*

Yes, I think she's adorable and if I were 20 years younger...

She seems like a good role model. A strong young lady who is not afraid of rolling up her sleeves and getting the job done.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »
*high-fives Hunter*

Yes, I think she's adorable and if I were 20 years younger...

She seems like a good role model. A strong young lady who is not afraid of rolling up her sleeves and getting the job done.

(grin) If we were 20 years younger we'd have to step into a PvP zone and settle this mano-a-mano, which I am just sure she'd quite sensibly find amusing and ignore both of us as she should. (wink) Luckily we're both wise enough to leave her as a wistful dream, which is healthier for everyone anyway. Poor lady has too much of that sort of attention already. Some of the comments I've seen on her sites are a bit over the top.

I figure she can't possibly be as cool as she seems anyway. She's an actress, and most of what I know about her comes from the various roles she's played and her blogs, Flogs, and the like, where she's also on camera. She does conventions I know, but again she'd be in "performance mode" most of the time, other than *maybe* the after hours parties or meet and greets. Besides, I gave up on that scene a long time ago, spent too many years running them to enjoy it any more. Still can't help wishing I'd run into someone a little like her along the way. Gaming became cool too late for my generation of gamers. (lol)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »
If you reply, remember, "We're heroes. This is what we do." I got the hashtag but realized as soon as I hit "send" that I'd forgotten it. I don't Twitter well. Sorry.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
(grin) If we were 20 years younger we'd have to step into a PvP zone and settle this mano-a-mano, which I am just sure she'd quite sensibly find amusing and ignore both of us as she should. (wink) Luckily we're both wise enough to leave her as a wistful dream, which is healthier for everyone anyway. Poor lady has too much of that sort of attention already. Some of the comments I've seen on her sites are a bit over the top.

I figure she can't possibly be as cool as she seems anyway. She's an actress, and most of what I know about her comes from the various roles she's played and her blogs, Flogs, and the like, where she's also on camera. She does conventions I know, but again she'd be in "performance mode" most of the time, other than *maybe* the after hours parties or meet and greets. Besides, I gave up on that scene a long time ago, spent too many years running them to enjoy it any more. Still can't help wishing I'd run into someone a little like her along the way. Gaming became cool too late for my generation of gamers. (lol)

Haha yeah... I figure that part of it is performing. Well, she's good at what she does. :)

And if we were in a PVP zone, it would be no contest. You'd floor me. I never was good at PVP... tried it once and thought, "Nah... this isn't for me," and quickly rushed back to PVE with my proverbial tail 'tween my legs. ;)

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »
Haha yeah... I figure that part of it is performing. Well, she's good at what she does. :)

And if we were in a PVP zone, it would be no contest. You'd floor me. I never was good at PVP... tried it once and thought, "Nah... this isn't for me," and quickly rushed back to PVE with my proverbial tail 'tween my legs. ;)

Naw, you'd be safe enough. I *despise* PvP, and only do it when forced to. And usually leave the game which forces me to soon after. I developed a deep disdain for the whole idea of PvP way back playing British Legends and Island of Kesmai on Compuserve. Which should give you an idea how long I've been banging around doing games on the 'net., even if you have to google them to know what I am talking about. (grin). I won't argue with anyone about it, 'cuz everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I've yet to see any MMO improved by the inclusion of PvP. Island of Kesmai had *tolerable* PvP rules, everything since has been downhill. But we're kinda threadjacking and should chastise ourselves and get back on topic. (wink)

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »
Thanks for all the updates (especially you VV). It is good to hear something even if it is somewhat vanilla in nature. This is a wonderful community and I am so very thankful to be a part of what is going on to save our game!

Gothica

• Minion
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
Thanks for keeping us posted! Since I understand that NCSoft has never been one to negotiate things, the fact that there are apparently some sort of talks are going on is very heartening.

I would urge everyone reading this to log on and play as much as possible so as to keep the numbers hing and show that the servers are still very active. The last thing we need is for the servers to be ghost towns. Show them that the demand is there.

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
Gothica,
Is it still possible to download the game somewhere? I wanted to put it on another computer and am having trouble doing so from the CoH site.

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
It takes a while.  It took a day to download the beta for me.  Let me know if it still can be downloaded.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 04:32:50 PM »
Well now you cannot even find a place to download the client...they have taken it down.