Author Topic: Call to Action: Masks and Capes!  (Read 54797 times)

Aquabladez

• Underling
Re: Call to Action: Masks and Capes!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
Although this is about saving CoH you may as well save some money at the same time, if you use the site listed by Maressa, use the Promotional Keycode WELCOME15 for 15% off your order. Still deciding where to get mine from.

lmsadina

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »
I can't find a green cape with a red interior ANYwhere online or in shops...needs to be fairly long, but not floor-length....

If someone can acquire one for me, I will GLADLY don it in support of this idea!   8)

Blitz it is kid size but this one is green/red:
http://www.amazon.com/Abracadabrazoo-Super-Superhero-Satin-Reversible/dp/B005NIC994

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Blitz it is kid size but this one is green/red:
http://www.amazon.com/Abracadabrazoo-Super-Superhero-Satin-Reversible/dp/B005NIC994

Oh man, that's perfect...now to find an adult-sized one....  :D

Windy

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »
I'd like to suggest that the capes and masks that you send in are kid-friendly and kid-sized if possible.

The reason is that when companies receive mass mailings of items like this they usually donate the items to a needy charity.  I'm sure CBS donated the over 3 tons of nuts (sent to them by fans to save Jericho) to a food bank.  The CW also received more than 10,000 Mars bars to save Veronica Mars.

We (or at least I) don't know the culture in South Korea but I would hope that any capes and masks that are not easily ripped (such as paper) will be donated to needy and/or sick children.

In fact, being that we are supposed to have until the end of November to play, it might be nice to purchase and/or make some capes and masks for the express purpose of donating them on behalf of the City of Heroes community.   I think I'll make that its own thread. =)
@Windy
Freedom Server

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »
Oy, why couldn't NC Soft be UK-based? The post office is going to be making a mint out of me.

Totally. Worth. It.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »
Oy, why couldn't NC Soft be UK-based? The post office is going to be making a mint out of me.

Totally. Worth. It.

FWIW, they still have PR offices at

NCsoft Europe Limited
Fifth Floor
Mocatta House
Trafalgar Place
Brighton BN1 4DU

This was still current as of June when they Logitech contest was announced:

http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/contests_promos/the_city_of_heroes_logitech.php

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 01:59:44 AM »
Haven't made my mailers yet, but I figured these would get posted around on twitter cause I got cute fuzzy babies!

GaryEndicott

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »
As soon as i get home this weekend my letter and mask's will be in the mail. ;D

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 04:16:07 AM »

Totally. Worth. It.

I know right?
It'll be ramen for me for quite a while. Hopefully we can make it worth it!

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 06:22:23 AM »
Anyone here from Australia? I'm not familiar with how Australia Post works with international posting and shipment.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
Please guys, do not send them to the UK office. They are a very small group and have less than nothing to do with City of Heroes. Tony and I picked the three we did because of their relation to City of Heroes.

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »
well i just got my cape and mask ordered. should have it thursday and im off friday from work so it will be mailed.
making sure i get it certified mail and it if aint to much gonna O/N it.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
I found this cape pic and am going to create/print one for each of my characters, then mail with a brief letter.
The plain cape:

My first finished one:

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
Please guys, do not send them to the UK office. They are a very small group and have less than nothing to do with City of Heroes. Tony and I picked the three we did because of their relation to City of Heroes.

Gotcha. I have a friend who works in the Texas office, too, so this amuses me somewhat. He's a GM on ..er..I want to say Aion, but honestly I didn't pay much attention when I found out it wasn't CoX.

Maybe they'll hand out masks to the employees and they can wear them as they work :D
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 03:18:50 PM »
I have a friend who works in the Texas office, too, so this amuses me somewhat.

Wait... you mean the Austin building?  The server farm that used to be Destination Games?

You know someone with physical access to the building?

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
Wait... you mean the Austin building?  The server farm that used to be Destination Games?

You know someone with physical access to the building?

...  I don't like where this is going Jack.  It could easily backfire, I think.

Be sure you've thought out all the complications on it and worst case ramifications before you do ANYTHING, please.  Last thing we want to do is shoot ourselves in the virtual foot here.

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »
Oh, yeah, definitely.  I wouldn't want to get CoH double-cancelled.  That would be awful.

SkyStreak

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »
I found something perfect at Walmart today.  A Simply Hero mask and cape intended for a stuffed animal.

It's very cute, and might just save on shipping. 

(Had to get an extra for the little one's stuffie...)

dior

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 06:55:30 PM »
Love the idea!

Does anyone have a link to the old coh forum/web page where you could download the COH artwork pack - it had the font, wallpapers and the AT symbols in it.

Many thanks for any help

Sorry to bump this post - anyone have a copy of the files Ive asked about?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:39:08 PM by dior »

Back Blast

• Minion
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 07:35:07 PM »
An interesting idea, I'd just suggest folks keep it simple and small. Don't make it hard for them to deal with or the campaign will just annoy rather than help.

Beyond that, why not make our own costume drive for charity? We have no real certain idea what NCSoft will do with such items sent to them. But if the community did something on its own, we'd know some good came of it. I'm not really sure what charity would be best for this but I'd strongly suggest it be a large and very visible one. The idea here being to both do a good deed and get maximum publicity out of it for the cause.