Author Topic: Call to Action: Unity Rally  (Read 63953 times)

DashaBlade

• Underling
Re: Call to Action: Unity Rally
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
Maybe it should be a global event next time so that one single server doesn't get all the traffic. And then, even those who don't stand on the steps and hold a torch could be counted as a supporter. After all, playing the game is showing that you want it to stay alive, too, right? If there's another organized event, we should designate in advance which chat channel to use for those who don't want to or can't join a custom channel. I had to cut out before the costume contest because the zillions of chatters in various colors ended up giving me a migraine.   :-\

However, I don't think I've ever personally seen this many people turn out at the same time for an event, even an official one, and I've been playing since 2004.

Gunaro

• Underling
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
Any chance we can consolidate toons onto various instances for a screenshot?

As in, all synapses to one instance, all cuppajos to another, all war witches to a 3rd....that way we can get some nice supportive screenshots?

Bohmfalk

• Minion
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2012, 10:32:04 PM »
Maybe we could get a whole bunch of events going all at once?  Multiple ship-raids, hami-raids, etc?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
I know there's a calendar.  Don't remember where it's officially posted, but I bookmarked it.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=o9p03krp81dmv3ardijljvifds%40group.calendar.google.com
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2012, 10:41:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure that we beat the Freedom stress test for I21.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Myriade

« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »
It's a real success. 33 AP on virtue, other servers protesting as well. Let's keep up the fight.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »
It's a real success. 33 AP on virtue, other servers protesting as well. Let's keep up the fight.

Rallying, not protesting. It's a subtle but important difference.

I'm bouncing from server to server, and every one, even if it's green, is slow to let me in.  I know I'm having internal hardware issues, but I'm still taking it as a good sign.

Just for the record, NCSoft is not seeing this directly, but the Red Names will.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

metalb00

• Underling
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »
there were 9 ap on freedom when i left

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
dang wish i could be there for the rally and fun u guys are having.
im stuck at work til 11:30pm so i get to miss all the action.
would love to be there and help support the rally.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »
Today enforces feelings that are beyond words. Seeing all the people, old and new, seeing all the Atlas Park instances (not to mention crashing Virtue at one point), and knowing that we have the best people behind it all, should make it clear: We ARE Heroes. Everybody who logged on, made a tweet or wrote a letter - YOU HAVE made a difference and this will go down in MMO history. Regardless of our outcome, I KNOW we'll have a game for us to enjoy, whether it's in three months or three years. Do not give up and remember tomorrow, is one day closer to that dream. Cheers!
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Myriade

« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2012, 11:20:43 PM »
I predict an entire zone filled with Sexy Jay clones.  :)

Nope. This one never wanted to make very long skirts and robes so I won't dress as Sexy Jay. :p

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
At max load we hit:

40 instances of AP on Virtue
300+ people in queue for Virtue
11 instances of AP on Freedom
Spillover from Freedom going to Infinity

Matt Positron Miller and Melissa War Witch Bianco (the real ones) spotted at the rallies.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
In case anyone hasn't seen Leandro's video clip:

http://t.co/bB6mENpo
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Bohmfalk

• Minion
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2012, 11:51:30 PM »

That's awesome.  Unfortunately for me, I kept freezing, so I doubt I made any of the pics. 

Still, we should try to get together a section that has all the pictures/videos of the event.

Crymsin Lilly

• Underling
    • A Recipe for Joy
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2012, 12:16:51 AM »

I see me! er... wait, that's a cat guy.. Oh there!... no... that's a bot... well hell. I'm in there somewhere.  Great work on the vid!

I have to say, I was there for probably 6 hours all together and I am amazed at the outpouring of support and solidarity that I saw.  We have an amazing community here.  I really don't want to see it go.   :'(
Refugee from Liberty, Victory, and Virtue.

@crymsin.lilly

Paula

• Minion
CROSSPOSTED
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2012, 01:05:41 AM »
I only got into about 2/3 of the zones, but below are the Unity Rally screenshots I got when the following zones filled up after we recovered from the server crash: Atlas 8-12, 14-15, 17-19 (plus a bonus shot where Hit Streak's tushie blocked the shot for 19), 20-30, and 32!

Notes: the "8" held up in one of them was accompanied by a chant of "8 More Years!, the Hot Streak candid shot was completely accidental when he floated in as I was hitting PrtSc, and the last shot of Atlas Park 32 shows my "CuppaPaula" look front and center, in honor of our very own CuppaJo who logged in to join the rally!

Thanks a hundred billion to everyone who logged on, this was awesome!

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2012, 01:32:46 AM »
Here is one I took while in Atlas Park 1 around 12:30pm (CST). By then (even being hours before the protest) I believe 3-4 instances of Atlas Park had already started popping up! What a great show of strength!

Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Bohmfalk

• Minion
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »
Paula, thanks a ton for those pics!  I'm standing front-and-center in pic #20 (4th from the bottom, "Atlas28").  Topher Wade, in his signature costume (red/black/white-ish).  I was sure all the freezes were going to keep me out of any good pics, but no-sir!

Paula

• Minion
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2012, 02:27:12 AM »
Yayness, I'm so glad I got you in one!  I tried to get every zone right after it filled up to try to catch everybody, which meant that I got locked out of a few of them... :(

nikitastorm

• Underling
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2012, 04:46:24 AM »
I was a little disappointed about the costume contest... there were 33 instances of AP on Virtue and a global channel and nobody ever identified where the contest actually took place. I made a simple character just for the rally and cc, too. :)