Author Topic: Call to Action: Unity Rally  (Read 63250 times)

Paula

• Minion
Re: Call to Action: Unity Rally
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:34 PM »
I really, really wish I could, since I missed the show of solidarity on Monday, but I won't make this one, either... unless it's still going at 8-9pm Eastern.

I hope an enormous amount of people do make it, though, and stand strong!

You know, this being Virtue, there's nothing saying we can't have people host costume contests every hour on the hour starting at 5pm Eastern and going as long as anybody wants to get another one going.  I think there's SGs who have weekly contests, but heaven help me I never kept track.  (Besides I've been almost exclusively redside since City of Villains launched, and the action was nearly always in Atlas.)

Anyone here better aware of these things and know the SGs I'm talking about?  If nobody else does, I can try to get in contact with their leadership and see if they'd like to coordinate efforts.  Virtue's a solid choice in my biased opinion, because we rally costume contests like nobody's business.  I plan to be in Atlas at 5 EST for support but can't guarantee I can be actively engaged or help oversee anything until about 8pm Eastern.  (I'm full up on Virtue characters so I'll have to use my existing Paula persona, but she's with City Hall, so for RP purposes maybe I should see if I can arrange for more time-free-active-participation during the 5+ block...)

DJ Pheonyx: Want to see if Agent Crypto and DJ Templar want to continue on the theme through their broadcasts?

Regarding /e protest: My personal thought is that it's hilarifun to have the great big /e protest with all the masterminds' pets included.  However I'm also not sure everybody finds it comedy gold versus confrontational/inflammatory... and we're still in the "Phantom Zone" of finding out what our real options are going to be.  We want NCSoft to like, appreciate, and respect our love for City of Heroes.  If anybody's personal feelings are on the line in a way that might negatively impact our efforts, now's an excellent time to treat those impressions with respect and conciliation... 

This is a show of appreciation for the truly awesome work Paragon (and past Cryptic!) folks have done for us, so I'd personally like to see folks keep the focus on APPRECIATION!  That takes a lot of work and coordination, but in my experience, the payoff is hugemongous.  There's a laser-fierce power in maintaining the Focus of Cohesion, which is hard to appreciate until it's felt in practice -- like these threads!

Gah, this got long, I'm supposed to be working and am ultra-behind!  Keep up the awesomeness, friends, see y'all soon. <3

Inkitgee

• Underling
  • Realignment!? But I am a HERO.
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
Well the Leaders of RedMoon will be there!  Unity rally here we come!  I'm going to take lots of pictures.

icecigal

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »
I'll be there!!

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 03:47:27 PM »
Regarding /e protest: My personal thought is that it's hilarifun to have the great big /e protest with all the masterminds' pets included.  However I'm also not sure everybody finds it comedy gold versus confrontational/inflammatory... and we're still in the "Phantom Zone" of finding out what our real options are going to be.  We want NCSoft to like, appreciate, and respect our love for City of Heroes.  If anybody's personal feelings are on the line in a way that might negatively impact our efforts, now's an excellent time to treat those impressions with respect and conciliation... 

My counterproposal is /em holdtorch. Show NCSoft that we "carry a flame" for the game in a peaceful, dignified fashion.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Paula

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »
My counterproposal is /em holdtorch. Show NCSoft that we "carry a flame" for the game in a peaceful, dignified fashion.

effing BRILLIANT! :D

I absolutely think "carrying the flame" is the perfect message.  Given that there's word of the Best Possible Option (in my opinion) being sought by some from Paragon Studios, seeing if they can't get the band back together to continue stuff personally, I'm personally lighting a candle for them...

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »

This is what I'll be doing.

Protest signs, in my humble opinion, seem more confrontational than holding a torch to show support.

And the torch is to light the way... to a better, stronger MMO! :)

Mighty - Man

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »
I am doing what I can to be there. In fact, I am considering skipping an acquaintance's wedding to be there, but I have to admit that I would WAY rather wear my Positron, Synapse, Statesman, Zombie Statesman, and other such costumes than to try to make costumes of the actual devs. 

Sinister Stairs

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 08:21:05 PM »
Dovetailing on what Mighty wrote, the beauty of CoH's custom creator is the countless unique, individual looks you can make.  To me, that's more far more interesting (and representative of CoH's spirit) than creating cookie-cutter costumes.  (Not to mention, seeing thousands of unique-looking heroes would make a better media photo op than the same ~80 RL people.)

Dasher

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
Alas, I am leaving on a long-planned vacation on the 6th and will miss this event...

BUT...

As I will be in London throuh the 12th, I invite any and all CoH players in London to reach me via PM on this forum, and maybe we can meet for a group photo at a convenient location? It's always nice to put faces to names and continue the great tradition of US/UK cooperation in the face of adversity!

Don Hawthorne
AKA "Dasher", Protector Server
.GUARDIANS. SG: "Never give up - Never surrender!"

FireyFlower

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »
Tony thank you for doing such an awesome job!

My fiance and I really want to be a part of the protest, but we have plans that will keep us busy until 7pm EST.  Will there be another rally?  We are trying to figure out how to be there while not being near our computers.

Thanks!

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 09:16:18 PM »

effing BRILLIANT! :D

Thank you, but I can't take credit for it. I got the idea from Protector's vigil service the other night.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
Will there be another rally?
I suspect, whether or not Titan is involved, there will be many, many opportunities to join rallies in the next few weeks.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 09:32:53 PM »
I just rolled: Carboretur Hawk on Virtue!  :)  Heavily inspired by the RL dev, with some... extra fun thrown in.  At least I think so.

Paula

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
Tony thank you for doing such an awesome job!

My fiance and I really want to be a part of the protest, but we have plans that will keep us busy until 7pm EST.  Will there be another rally?  We are trying to figure out how to be there while not being near our computers.

Thanks!

I'm trying to see if we can get costume contests every hour on the hour for as long as people are around to do them, since Virtue is all about costume contests anyway!  Also hoping the DJs that are on the rest of the evening can talk things up, maybe get people to do solidarity powerlevelling runs based out of the AE/DFB ... anything to keep the party going all night long.

So log in when you get in and hopefully there will be plenty going on.  :)

Stefan Zubal

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
ooo I claim CuppaJo.....water blaster !!!

Paula

• Minion
TinyURL
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 01:17:59 AM »
Here's the TinyURL I'm using for this in Help on Virtue:

http://tinyurl.com/ParagonUnity

(Sticking with the "Paragon" theme in my URLs for Paragon Studios/Paragon City solidarity goodness!)

Also FYI, here's my mini-announcement that's evolving as I use it, occasionally while I play (on Virtue)...

/help Virtue was chosen to host the fan-run Save Paragon Unity Rally in Atlas, Saturday at 5pm EST - costume contest at 6pm, followed by hourly CCs and other events all night long. See you there! http://tinyurl.com/ParagonUnity #savecoh

(edited to add the Twitter hashtag)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:09:35 AM by Paula »

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 01:21:08 AM »
I found these in my archives, and hope they will help some people.

(Sexy Jay)

(Ex Libris)

hopefully some of you will have even better pics to post for inspiration
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

nataliaofvirtues

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 01:52:13 AM »
 wouldn't miss it for the world....

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 03:03:57 AM »
When are we doing Protector server? My friends can't pay for Vip becasue they shut the payment option down and their accounts ran out.

Paula

• Minion
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 03:21:41 AM »
Folks can make a new free account to make a character on Virtue if they are out of global character slots!  That's the great thing about the F2P.  :)